Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i expect that we knwo more about the actual building and working parts of a hatak than the jaffa, sure they can command mighty fleets like they always have ( most likely having a reserve fleet in case they lose ships that they cant replace) but i would like to see them build ships, especially with all their labour mines freed with the defeat of the goauld, no way would the SGC or tealc allow slavery to continue...ending the jaffas supply of resources ("freely").
    Now the contracting of FJN ships is a very good option for the IC, SGC and Tauri. it takes approxmately a year to create one of our ships, after refinement of the process they can get that down to 6-8months IMO. thats 2 ships a year, thats still ONLY 20 ships over a 10 year period. Meaning our maximum fleet for the near future is 20 ships. the orii could wipe out 20 ships in one battle, and create thousands of ships in 1 year. we need more ships, more firepower and more help.
    buying hatak ships, or more likely renting hatak ships and other class vessel would solve this very important issue of simply not enough ships.
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

i think we need to get a good power source and put some anceint drones, hatak energy weapons, wraith energy weapons. and put them on oure ships.
      cant we see if the asgard can replecate zpms so we could put them on our ships so our ships would at least stand a beter chance against ori ships

Comment

oh yeah and we should wipe out any more jaffa worshiping the ori and take any ships, naquidha, weapons, and any other tech they hav for earths defence

Comment

More likely that the Jaffa would confiscate them....remember that being a government now it would technically be stealing from our allies. It would be like a rogue NID group stealing a Daedalus class ship and getting caught by the Free Jaffa who confiscate it.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

good point

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Joshua Talon
              China would be able to keep up with Russia in starship construction, as well as building a number of technologies and weapons systems, but I'd prefer we be a bit wary regarding China. They remain an oppressive regime, that no doubt would love to get their hands on advanced technology and use it to spread "the worker's paradise" to the rest of the Universe. Then again, maybe they'd finally get rid of the Communists in order to help the rest of their fellow Tau'ri defeat the menace that is the Ori. Or at least, focus on saving the galaxy rather than politics, which is something every nation should work on.
              OH.. MY.. GOD.... not this again!
              http://www.myspace.com/peoples_general
              http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/ga...PeoplesGeneral

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                OH.. MY.. GOD.... not this again!
                What? China's still an oppressive regime. It wouldn't hurt to be cautious about what we give them.

Comment

cant a zpm destroy a solar system y dont we get the asgard to replecate some zpms ( if they can and will do it) and explode them in the ori home galaxy that could help to remove followers and ships

Comment

What? China's still an oppressive regime. It wouldn't hurt to be cautious about what we give them.
                    Take this politico-cultural discussion into the Off Topic forums please. Im not gonna have in here... as much as an increase in Posts-Quantity such a debate may provide me.

Comment

Originally posted by colonel chriton
                      cant a zpm destroy a solar system y dont we get the asgard to replecate some zpms ( if they can and will do it) and explode them in the ori home galaxy that could help to remove followers and ships
                      Try not to think like the Nazis, NID, Soviets, late-80s CCP, WW2 Imperial Japanese, American expansion to the west and those who decided to drop the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Al-Qaida, Sadam, Pol Pot, and etc.

Besides... if we ask the Asgard to do that. They'll most likey stop being our allies.

Comment

Originally posted by V-MAN
                        I agree that the UK's contribution would most likely be in the form of ground troops etc or perhaps F-302 production. There's also the possibility of a totally new space fighter designed. The UK is renowned for it's innovation in military technologies the majority of which we share with our allies.

Another thing to consider with Britain is that it has a Commonwealth who's resources could be pooled in order to produce deaddy class warships and with vast tracts of open space in places like Africa and Australia in which to construct them secretly.
                        (nods) Indeed! Excellent suggestions. And yes, the British are exceptional when it comes to aircraft design. ^__^

And now, ladies and gentlemen, I give you the side-view of the Abydos-class destroyer:

Last edited by Andrew Joshua Talon; 07 March 2006, 05:19 PM.

Comment

got front, rear, top, and bottom views yet?
                          http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...sigcopy9ie.jpg
                          The Alliance is born!!!!

Comment

Working on it.

In the meantime, Deadman: In the real world, the US military generally issues a requirement for a certain vehicle, weapon, or system, and give it to two competing companies. The company that builds (in general) the best and most cost efficient product, gets the contract to build them for the military. That's how the Joint Strike Fighter was chosen, for instance.

So, I am going to emulate that practice. I'm going to issue a "requirement", for the new Tau'ri space fleet, and anyone who wishes to do so can design and develope the craft, with the available technology. Just a tech specs on the vehicle-THen, I'll draw the winner to the specifications you wrote. It won't be for super ships-Rather, for things the Tau'ri space fleet does not have right now that it could really use, and could build in a reasonable short time span.

You guys up for it? If yes, I'll start a thread for it.

Comment

Working on it.

In the meantime, Deadman: In the real world, the US military generally issues a requirement for a certain vehicle, weapon, or system, and give it to two competing companies. The company that builds (in general) the best and most cost efficient product, gets the contract to build them for the military. That's how the Joint Strike Fighter was chosen, for instance.

So, I am going to emulate that practice. I'm going to issue a "requirement", for the new Tau'ri space fleet, and anyone who wishes to do so can design and develope the craft, with the available technology. Just a tech specs on the vehicle-THen, I'll draw the winner to the specifications you wrote. It won't be for super ships-Rather, for things the Tau'ri space fleet does not have right now that it could really use, and could build in a reasonable short time span.

You guys up for it? If yes, I'll start a thread for it.

Some sort of heavy troop transport ship fitted with multiple Asgard transporter beams and vast cargo bays to house vehicles for ground assaults such as tanks and trucks etc. As you pointed out earlier we've not seen any races that use armoured vehicles really other than ourselves. Maybe it's because the likes of the Gou'ld prefered to rely on the Alkesh and Death Gliders instead of ground vehicles.

Be interesting to see how they would fair against a Russian Tunguska

http://www.army-technology.com/projects/tunguska/

Comment

Originally posted by Peoples_General
                                Try not to think like the Nazis, NID, Soviets, late-80s CCP, WW2 Imperial Japanese, American expansion to the west and those who decided to drop the bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Al-Qaida, Sadam, Pol Pot, and etc.

Besides... if we ask the Asgard to do that. They'll most likey stop being our allies.
                                Noticed you neglected to mention China in that list..... of course China has never done anything bad in your eyes has it.....

Comment

Working...
                                X