Re: isn't it about time we get better weapons of daedalus an prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    It is a Daedalus class, so logically, it would, unless Earth has created a new uber superheated plasma beam weapon that can be mounted on ships.
    ah...
    yes...
    good point...
    SG-1 members
    Atlantis Team members

Comment

Was Continuum inconistent or did Odyssey get shield upgrades?

We saw it take multiple blast from those Ori Motherships when we saw other ships only take 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Saquist View Post
        Was Continuum inconistent or did Odyssey get shield upgrades?

We saw it take multiple blast from those Ori Motherships when we saw other ships only take 2.
        you mean ark of truth?

its possible that it was a inconsistency but its also possible that the Odyssey's shield was never at full strength (a few Ori beam hits and the blast wave from the destruction of the Asgard's planet) when it faced the the Ori ships in unending...we know a zpm powered 304's shields can withstand alot, evidence of this is when the Daedalus took a direct hit from a coronal mass ejection at point blank range for atleast 5 mins....which is easily much more powerful then the Ori's main weapon...so its possible the pounding the Odyssey's shields took in ark of truth represent its strength when fully charged...

Comment

i like your ideas but the asgard weapons are great and why would "we" sacrifice the asgard core
          it were the changes i had hoped TPTB would've made instead of just strapping some uberguns on them

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            it were the changes i had hoped TPTB would've made instead of just strapping some uberguns on them
            yes, true...
            excuse my ignorance, but:uber-??
            SG-1 members
            Atlantis Team members

Comment

über.

essentially, overkill. the APBW's were unnecessary. though i always dreamed of plasma weapons, i was hoping for something we earned through hard work. not as a gift. i think we get too many gifts. i loved the time where we had to work hard to get a ship off the ground. i had actually hoped the asgard simply showed us some features of shields so we could upgrade our own, and helped us with our ship design. not install some toys and ensure they're compatible.

i may sound cynical, but it made us too powerfull WAY too fast

Comment

über.

essentially, overkill. the APBW's were unnecessary. though i always dreamed of plasma weapons, i was hoping for something we earned through hard work. not as a gift. i think we get too many gifts. i loved the time where we had to work hard to get a ship off the ground. i had actually hoped the asgard simply showed us some features of shields so we could upgrade our own, and helped us with our ship design. not install some toys and ensure they're compatible.

thanks and they did
                SG-1 members
                Atlantis Team members

Comment

über.

I agree. Although, in sense of the canon, it did make sense that they wanted to be remembered. The Asgard, I mean. Atlantis' tech, we don't even fully understand. With Asgard stuff, it's a matter of moving a few stones, and voila, it's on the screen with lovely explanations from the Almighty Thor.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

i get that they wanted to be remembered. and i get that giving us a cryptical database would be stupid.

i just do not agree with the whole concept of unending. their sacrifice -fine. but getting such easy access.... nah.

naquahdriah wasnt a fail. capacitors and such could have equalled the output. just keep the drained power within the regions that is safe.

Comment

at the start of this thred we where complaning that the stuff we had was not good the pont was that all through the show we where ment to be under dogs but at the end and the death of the asgard we had to stop being the underdog and be the big dog insted of the asgard or gould

Comment

your point being?

Comment

über.

I think if they had stated that we weren't ready for their technology and they wanted to make sure it didn't fall into the wrong hands, and took it all with them when we blew up, then this thread would be "Why didn't the Asgard at least help us with shield or weapon tech we could use against the Ori before they uselessly blew themselves up?"

Comment

while you are asking that, i would like to ask why didnt the asgards help and deal with the lucian alliance and the ori issues before all this happened. The goauld and the replicators were gone, and those protected planets still needed protecting. If the entire Asgard race went to prevent the ORI super gate, their 4 initial ships and even the beach head situation a lot of the problems could have been avoided. And also why didnt they leave a couple more of those thors hammer everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by gummyworms View Post
                              while you are asking that, i would like to ask why didnt the asgards help and deal with the lucian alliance and the ori issues before all this happened. The goauld and the replicators were gone, and those protected planets still needed protecting. If the entire Asgard race went to prevent the ORI super gate, their 4 initial ships and even the beach head situation a lot of the problems could have been avoided. And also why didnt they leave a couple more of those thors hammer everywhere.
                              as far as i know, the PPT was founded to go againt the goa'uld
                              SG-1 members
                              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
                                as far as i know, the PPT was founded to go againt the goa'uld
                                But do you think that really matters. The asgards wanted to protect the people on those planets not to uphold some treaty. It's not like the people on those planets forced the asgards to protect and enter into the treaty. The treaty was made by the Asgards.

Comment

Working...
                                X