Re: isn't it about time we get better weapons of daedalus an prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lord §okar
    Why are these starships battling in close quarters again?
    They don't always have a choice in the matter.
    Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
    Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
    Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
    O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
    We are the Ancients

Comment

First off...Rail guns just suck. Like others have said, they have been proven effective against enemy's without shields. With shields, they are worthless. I agree that there are a lot better energy weapons than what the Goa'uld had. But given the Tauri's current tech level and unless they get some major help from some outside party, they will not have a good weapon. One thing that came to mind but they never understood how they worked, were the Tolan Ion cannons. Those were pretty effective weapons. If there was some way to incorporate this into all of the weapons scheme, I think the ships would pose enemy's much more of a threat. The Ion cannons could be used more for long range weapons and the Railguns for close range attack (if needed). Just my thougths...

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
        First off...Rail guns just suck. Like others have said, they have been proven effective against enemy's without shields. With shields, they are worthless. I agree that there are a lot better energy weapons than what the Goa'uld had. But given the Tauri's current tech level and unless they get some major help from some outside party, they will not have a good weapon. One thing that came to mind but they never understood how they worked, were the Tolan Ion cannons. Those were pretty effective weapons. If there was some way to incorporate this into all of the weapons scheme, I think the ships would pose enemy's much more of a threat. The Ion cannons could be used more for long range weapons and the Railguns for close range attack (if needed). Just my thougths...
        True, it is just too bad the Tolan are all but gone. I still stand by what I stated earlyer, we reversengenr the "Trinity" weapon, lets just call it "TW" (I mean come on it is better then any other projectile/energy weapon we have) because Atlantis and the Daedalus need some kind of defenses, Daedalus only has so many nukes and like it has been said Rail Guns suck. Now as for powering the weapon there are a few ways this could be done:
        1) each TW gets about 2 naquadah generators
        2) Atlantis's TWs get powered by the ZPM if need be
        3) Use naquadria to power them, hook 3 TWs up to one naquadria generator. Rig it so instead of using a buffer the excess energy is used to power the other 2 guns
        4) Modify them so they require less power, making them weaker but it is better then nothing.
        5) Offer the Asgard full access to Atlantis in exchange for 1 or 2 of their power generators...can't hurt to try.

Not the greatest thing that could be done but hey it is just an idea. What does every one think?
        Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
        We are the Ancients

Comment

For gods sake, people, do the thinking thing. The amount of energy you can deliver depends primarily on how much you can generate!!!!1111one If you hook an ion cannon up to the same power source as a rail gun it will deliver the same energy. If you hook a rail gun up to the same power source as an ion cannon (assuming you modify it to work with that kind of load) it will deliver the same energy as the ion cannon.

ets just call it "TW" (I mean come on it is better then any other projectile/energy weapon we have)
          Nonsense. The explosions it created in the space debris were peurile. A small nuclear weapon would taken the jumper at those ranges.

Daedalus only has so many nukes and like it has been said Rail Guns suck.
          I ask, what is this judged against? the grenade level firepowers sported by Goa'uld motherships?

Modify them so they require less power, making them weaker but it is better then nothing.
          So you connect a energy firing weapon to the same power source as your rail guns, but expect it to be better?
          Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

For gods sake, people, do the thinking thing. The amount of energy you can deliver depends primarily on how much you can generate!!!!1111one If you hook an ion cannon up to the same power source as a rail gun it will deliver the same energy. If you hook a rail gun up to the same power source as an ion cannon (assuming you modify it to work with that kind of load) it will deliver the same energy as the ion cannon.
            First learn about what you are talking about. Second of all Rail Guns work by magnetically propelling projectiles at high velocity, the amount of energy you put in only determines the speed at which the projectile moves at. So just because you hook up an Ion Cannon or the Trinity Weapon to the same power source does not mean they will do the same thing in one you are just propelling objects at high speed another you are firing energy blasts, see the deference?

ets just call it "TW" (I mean come on it is better then any other projectile/energy weapon we have)
            Nonsense. The explosions it created in the space debris were peurile. A small nuclear weapon would taken the jumper at those ranges.
            What is it with you and nukes? Nukes are pathetic as weapons against anything that isn’t ground based, I mean think about what you are saying these space ships can move at about 100,000mps what makes you think a nuke would be able to hit something moving at those speeds? The only reason the Wraith ships where taken out by nukes is because they were beamed aboard the Wraith ships, other wise the nukes would have done s***t.

Daedalus only has so many nukes and like it has been said Rail Guns suck.
            I ask, what is this judged against? the grenade level firepowers sported by Goa'uld motherships?
            I ask did you not read the part right before that? “Atlantis and the Daedalus need some kind of defenses, Daedalus only has so many nukes and like it has been said Rail Guns suck.” A Goa’uld Mothership has nothing to do with this. I am just stating that both need better arsenals.

Modify them so they require less power, making them weaker but it is better then nothing.
            So you connect a energy firing weapon to the same power source as your rail guns, but expect it to be better?
            In short yes because they are two DIFFERENT types of weapons. Your comparison is like saying “Hey if you put ten 9mm rounds in an automatic it will do the same thing as putting ten 9mm rounds in a semiautomatic.” Same ammo different weapons with different effects.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
            We are the Ancients

Comment

A lot of debate over weapons lol...What it all boils down to is when facing enemies with half way decent shields or ships...Railguns do not work. Preach on Sokar about the rail guns...I will gladly put money on a Wraith cruiser one on one with the Daedulas.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000
                A lot of debate over weapons lol...What it all boils down to is when facing enemies with half way decent shields or ships...Railguns do not work. Preach on Sokar about the rail guns...I will gladly put money on a Wraith cruiser one on one with the Daedulas.
                That is the problem it is almost never 1 on 1 when fighting the Wraith. Which is why the Daedalus needs better weapons...like the Trinity Weapon or something.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                We are the Ancients

Comment

Post 168
                  What the hell were you on when you wrote this load of drivel. It just went on and on without end, or punctuation.

Goa'uld weapons don't SEEM to work very well, because you are expecting it to work in a particular way, and it doesn't. The goa'uld blast wave hits more like a shockwave, little blast, debris thrown up, minor thermal effects. But be inside the object being targeted. A nimitz carrier disppeared in one apparent bolt from the sky, I am willing to bet it didn't punch a hole through the carrier, but crushed it.

A relatively small portable glider cannon totally destroyed the cockpit area of the al'kesh Tannith was piloting. In the tokra tunnels with surface bombardment going on, we saw those tunnels shaken, crushed, destroyed, the asgard underground base was breeched as well the same way. If we had seen the action from the surface we probbaly would be joking about the lack of effect of those same weapons.

They do not travel that fast, 10Km per second maybe. But then no energy weapon in SG does. A good example of the shock effect is the shots from the aprohis / sokar supership against the ha'tak, the ha'tak wasn't holed, or blown up, it was crushed. It had all the effect of being hit by a powerful shockwave.

When a goa'uld weapon hits, it seems to spread its effect over a wide area of the target. We only have to see the various destroyed planets and their leveled cities to know these weapons work well. Tollen is an example. Goa'ulds weapons really are designed to crush the oppostion. And their shields are designed to protect against these weapons.

Remember a ha'tak took out thors original ship. I don't believe the weapons on Anubis's ships were more powerful, but their upgraded shields allowed them to stay in the battle longer. If you see shots of non goa'uld weapons hitting goa'uld shields, a good example is the replicator ship against the aprohis / sokar ship, you see the hit is localised, the goa'uld sheild has to absorb the energy at that point, or the energy punches through. Compare this to a ancient or asgard shield, it disapates the energy over a wide area of the shield, this is the improvement I believe Anubis made to his shields. Thor expected to take out Anubis's ha'taks with a few hits, the tollens said they could take out a standard ha'tak with 1 or 2 hits. Both were wrong.

Installing a ha'tak class cannon into the nose of the prometheus, plus a number of al'kesh cannon as BPDS and glider cannon as CIWS while keeping the missile and RG armament would be realistic, we do now have a goa'uld sceintist, and have captured a number of goa'uld vessels, including Osiris ha'tak. Installing multiple ha'tak class cannon in the daedalus class, along with alkesh and glider cannon would also be perfectly reasonable.

The ion cannons used by other races are designed more for ship to ship battles, as we saw in Trinity, the blast punches through a hull in a small localised area and hopefully hits something important, powercore, engine, etc.

If I had acess to both weapon types and was arming the daedalus, I would have goa'uld hatak cannon on the underside for planetary bombardment, and ion cannon on the upperside, nose and tail for ship to ship.

Some here have worried about about plotlines, but for god's sake, we are still vastly outnumbered.
                  Last edited by EnigmaNZ; 05 September 2005, 09:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EnigmaNZ
                    Post 168
                    What the hell were you on when you wrote this load of drivel. It just went on and on without end, or punctuation.

Goa'uld weapons don't SEEM to work very well, because you are expecting it to work in a particular way, and it doesn't. The goa'uld blast wave hits more like a shockwave, little blast, debris thrown up, minor thermal effects. But be inside the object being targeted. A nimitz carrier disppeared in one apparent bolt from the sky, I am willing to bet it didn't punch a hole through the carrier, but crushed it.

A relatively small portable glider cannon totally destroyed the cockpit area of the al'kesh Tannith was piloting. In the tokra tunnels with surface bombardment going on, we saw those tunnels shaken, crushed, destroyed, the asgard underground base was breeched as well the same way. If we had seen the action from the surface we probbaly would be joking about the lack of effect of those same weapons.

They do not travel that fast, 10Km per second maybe. But then no energy weapon in SG does. A good example of the shock effect is the shots from the aprohis / sokar supership against the ha'tak, the ha'tak wasn't holed, or blown up, it was crushed. It had all the effect of being hit by a powerful shockwave.

When a goa'uld weapon hits, it seems to spread its effect over a wide area of the target. We only have to see the various destroyed planets and their leveled cities to know these weapons work well. Tollen is an example. Goa'ulds weapons really are designed to crush the oppostion. And their shields are designed to protect against these weapons.

Remember a ha'tak took out thors original ship. I don't believe the weapons on Anubis's ships were more powerful, but their upgraded shields allowed them to stay in the battle longer. If you see shots of non goa'uld weapons hitting goa'uld shields, a good example is the replicator ship against the aprohis / sokar ship, you see the hit is localised, the goa'uld sheild has to absorb the energy at that point, or the energy punches through. Compare this to a ancient or asgard shield, it disapates the energy over a wide area of the shield, this is the improvement I believe Anubis made to his shields. Thor expected to take out Anubis's ha'taks with a few hits, the tollens said they could take out a standard ha'tak with 1 or 2 hits. Both were wrong.

Installing a ha'tak class cannon into the nose of the prometheus, plus a number of al'kesh cannon as BPDS and glider cannon as CIWS while keeping the missile and RG armament would be realistic, we do now have a goa'uld sceintist, and have captured a number of goa'uld vessels, including Osiris ha'tak. Installing multiple ha'tak class cannon in the daedalus class, along with alkesh and glider cannon would also be perfectly reasonable.

The ion cannons used by other races are designed more for ship to ship battles, as we saw in Trinity, the blast punches through a hull in a small localised area and hopefully hits something important, powercore, engine, etc.

If I had acess to both weapon types and was arming the daedalus, I would have goa'uld hatak cannon on the underside for planetary bombardment, and ion cannon on the upperside, nose and tail for ship to ship.

Some here have worried about about plotlines, but for god's sake, we are still vastly outnumbered.
                    Good points but I must say this, do to the rate of fire of booth Goa'uld weapons they would not be suitable against an enemy like the Wraith. If anything we need to develop small nukes (small as in size, not necessarily in power) that can be shoot out of a rail gun type weapon, think about it firing hundreds of small nukes would be much better then any other weapon we could be using. All that needs to be done is to make nukes about 1' x 6" that would detonate on impact and we would have a powerful, fast firing weapon that wouldn't need much more power then a normal rail gun would require. It is just an idea and I know the writers will never even think of doing that, but hey if they did...bye bye Wraith...

What do you think Lord §okar?

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                    We are the Ancients

Comment

First learn about what you are talking about. Second of all Rail Guns work by magnetically propelling projectiles at high velocity, the amount of energy you put in only determines the speed at which the projectile moves at. So just because you hook up an Ion Cannon or the Trinity Weapon to the same power source does not mean they will do the same thing in one you are just propelling objects at high speed another you are firing energy blasts, see the deference?
                      No, no I'm quite sure it's you who needs to step back and get some knowledge. Energy pulse, solid slug, who cares? Connected to the same power source they can only have a similar maximum energy imparted to them as can be output by the generator. Here, let me edify you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamics

in one you are just propelling objects at high speed another you are firing energy blasts, see the deference?
                      No, I don't think I do. They're both "energy" weapons, one, the glowy pulse, does damage by converting its internal energy (in whatever state) into explosive kinetic and thermal energies, the other, solid rail slug, damages by imparting kinetic energy and tearing which, through friction and work heating, released thermal energy. The shot/slug is only a means of facilitating the transfer of energy from your ships reactor to the enemy ships hull. Attached to the asme power source both the glowy pulse and rail guns will only be able to fire projeciles imparted with the same energy in each case.

Nukes are pathetic as weapons against anything that isn’t ground based, I mean think about what you are saying these space ships can move at about 100,000mps
                      Care to explain how you arrived at that figure, or the conclusion that spaceships have a maximum velocity? Gee, the visibly very slow blue shots seemed quite capable of tracking the puddle jumper. Can't have been going too fast, even at extraplanetary ranges.

You've failed to address the point which is that if a nuke detonated where those shots from the Trinity weapon did the puddlejumper would have been vapourized. The point is that the Ancients uber-weapon is less energetic than a small nuclear device.

I ask did you not read the part right before that? “Atlantis and the Daedalus need some kind of defenses, Daedalus only has so many nukes and like it has been said Rail Guns suck.” A Goa’uld Mothership has nothing to do with this. I am just stating that both need better arsenals.
                      I did read it actually, since it seems you have the reading comprehension of a turtle I'll elucidate. You said "rail guns suck", I said "compared to what? Goa'uld guns?"

Rail guns are superior to just about every energy weapon seen on the show.

In short yes because they are two DIFFERENT types of weapons. Your comparison is like saying “Hey if you put ten 9mm rounds in an automatic it will do the same thing as putting ten 9mm rounds in a semiautomatic.” Same ammo different weapons with different effect.
                      No. The explosive energy of the glowy blue pulse will NOT exceed the kinetic energy of the rail slug. Do you know what conservation of energy means?

And yes, putting the same ammunition in different guns will illicit the same effects from both (barring inconsistencies in the weapons themselves).

Goa'uld weapons don't SEEM to work very well, because you are expecting it to work in a particular way, and it doesn't. The goa'uld blast wave hits more like a shockwave, little blast, debris thrown up, minor thermal effects. But be inside the object being targeted. A nimitz carrier disppeared in one apparent bolt from the sky, I am willing to bet it didn't punch a hole through the carrier, but crushed it
                      "The whole carrier went up in one big fireball." There was an explosion inside of it and it was destroyed. Just the way I expect Goa'uld weapons to work.

Staff cannons release bolts equivalent to falling bombs. They penetrate slightly, as a result of the momentum and cross sectional area of the shaft, before blowing up. This is all.

A relatively small portable glider cannon totally destroyed the cockpit area of the al'kesh Tannith was piloting
                      And?

In the tokra tunnels with surface bombardment going on, we saw those tunnels shaken, crushed, destroyed, the asgard underground base was breeched as well the same way.
                      And we see the levels of firepower that caused those effects. The Tok'ra tunnels are no where near as deep as they suggest.

A good example of the shock effect is the shots from the aprohis / sokar supership against the ha'tak, the ha'tak wasn't holed, or blown up, it was crushed. It had all the effect of being hit by a powerful shockwave.
                      Crushed? Not blown up? Please, capture me some screenshots because I saw 8 bolts blow clean through the hull and blow up inside it causing the ship to most definitely explode and do so very energetically.

I don't believe the weapons on Anubis's ships were more powerful,
                      Well then you're wrong because Odin tells us they were. As proof Anubis' weapons caused the Nimitz carrier to explode, no normal Ha'tak can do that.
                      Last edited by Lord §okar; 06 September 2005, 05:56 PM.

Comment

So Ha'tak weapons can cause a Ha'tak to explode, but not a Nimitz, the logic of the statement escapes me.

I was rewatching the Sokar/Aprohis versus Ha'tak battle again a few weeks ago, freezing, rewinding, replaying over and over, the 8 shots hit it, and the other structure appeared to blow apart, but without an explosion being evident, at least the level that would create this effect. I might have another look when I have time.

Ah Odin, had forgotten that. Still don't see a problem with 3 upgraded Ha'taks knocking out Thors ship, the weakness of the asgard vessels seems to be that they only have a primary cannon covering the forward arc. If you rotated the Ha'taks so the one with the weakest shield was always out of the firing arc until it's shield recovered, they would eventually knock out thors shield, by blocking him with a ship he couldn't escape.

Whats the firing rate problem, the Ha'tak firing rate in Beachhead seemed fine.

Has anyone seen a wraith ship with a sheild operating, apart from the PJ that a wraith modified. I know it will probably only show when something hits it, and the only 2 I recall are the ion cannon, but the hive ship may have not being running with shields due to the fact it wasn't expecting to be attacked. The other was the cruiser hit by a drone, and they don't seem to cause the shield to react anyway. Just wandering. There was a statemant in from the captainof the Prometheus in Beachment about bringing "the main railgun" online, I hope it wasn't a blunder. Be nice to see a anti-capital ship RG.

It's unfortunate that the only time a energy rating has been given to the Ha'taks main cannon, it was in an alternative universe, so although everything tech wise seemed the same, the 200 megaton yield was knocked as only relating to that universe, though that is just as much speculation. A yeild of 8x10E17 doesn't seem outrageous for a capital class warship of the Ha'taks size belonging to a race that has been waging war for 10,000 years.

I agree KE is KE whether it is delivered by plasma or solid projectile, thought possibly the soild projectile would have the advantage of delivering the hit to a smaller area of the target.

Comment

So Ha'tak weapons can cause a Ha'tak to explode, but not a Nimitz, the logic of the statement escapes me.
                          Me too, do explain where you think I said that?

I was rewatching the Sokar/Aprohis versus Ha'tak battle again a few weeks ago, freezing, rewinding, replaying over and over, the 8 shots hit it, and the other structure appeared to blow apart, but without an explosion being evident, at least the level that would create this effect.
                          What "other structure", the pyramid or the black superstructure? Watch again, expansion is evident in the entire ship as soon as the first shot lands, it's just a little difficult to see. By the third shot the whole ship is expanding extremely rapidly and huge jets of flame are gouting out of it. The Ha'tak blew up real good.

Whats the firing rate problem, the Ha'tak firing rate in Beachhead seemed fine.
                          Huh?

Ah Odin, had forgotten that. Still don't see a problem with 3 upgraded Ha'taks knocking out Thors ship,
                          There were two, and I don't have a problem with it, either, what's your point?

Regardless of what "seems reasonable" they don't have it. They have deployed laughable firepower when the situation called for their most.

If you rotated the Ha'taks so the one with the weakest shield was always out of the firing arc until it's shield
                          Don't assume there are different shield zones.

Comment

No, no I'm quite sure it's you who needs to step back and get some knowledge. Energy pulse, solid slug, who cares? Connected to the same power source they can only have a similar maximum energy imparted to them as can be output by the generator. Here, let me edify you: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermodynamics
                            :: sigh ::

The primary flaw in your analogy is this: You're assuming that all weaponry is going to be 100% efficient in channeling energy. It's not. In fact, the second law of thermodynamics which states that everything moves towards entropy makes it physically impossible. As such, some weapons will be more efficient at channeling energy than others.

Are you aware of where the history of thermodynamics came from? Basically, it came from a bunch of guys working with steam engines. In this case, the "energy source" (coal) was always the same. The intention of thermodynamics was to create improved designs which would use that energy source more efficiently. So instead of converting 10% of the released energy into work, maybe you can find a way to convert 15% or 20%.

This is pretty much the very foundation on which thermodynamics was based. I mean, why do you think hybrid cars are more efficient than regular cars are? Do you think they just make extra gasoline by magic or something?

So yes, it's entirely possible for two different weapons hooked up to the same output to have different outputs.

Rail guns are superior to just about every energy weapon seen on the show.
                            A single tollan Ion cannon can take out an entire mother ship.

A rail gun can take out... what?

Comment

The primary flaw in your analogy is this: You're assuming that all weaponry is going to be 100% efficient in channeling energy. It's not. In fact, the second law of thermodynamics which states that everything moves towards entropy makes it physically impossible. As such, some weapons will be more efficient at channeling energy than others.

Are you aware of where the history of thermodynamics came from? Basically, it came from a bunch of guys working with steam engines. In this case, the "energy source" (coal) was always the same. The intention of thermodynamics was to create improved designs which would use that energy source more efficiently. So instead of converting 10% of the released energy into work, maybe you can find a way to convert 15% or 20%.

This is pretty much the very foundation on which thermodynamics was based. I mean, why do you think hybrid cars are more efficient than regular cars are? Do you think they just make extra gasoline by magic or something?

So yes, it's entirely possible for two different weapons hooked up to the same output to have different outputs.

Thanks ever so for correcting that higly consequential neglection on my part. I can't for the life of me work out why I might have forgotten to mention entropy. Oh, that's right, I did, just not directly.

In your quest to find fault in the semantics you missed the intent of the message:
                              Energy pulse, solid slug, who cares? Connected to the same power source they can only have a similar maximum energy imparted to them as can be output by the generator.
                              Maximum energy, not identical energy. Ok, so maybe you missed that key reference, that's understandable. Is it possible to miss two?

And yes, putting the same ammunition in different guns will illicit the same effects from both (barring inconsistencies in the weapons themselves).
                              The same stuff run through different guns will blow up just as good, barring inconsistencies in the weapons themselves (gee, that sound awfully similar to what you just said).

A single tollan Ion cannon can take out an entire mother ship.

A rail gun can take out... what?

Come on. All things being equal.

The point of my posts here have been to convey the point that your weaponry can be as "advanced" as what have you but if you hook it up the a 9V square cell it won't do much at all. Let's give the rail gun the same power tolerances and the same power generator, how do you think it will go vs the ion cannon now?

Yes. Magic was the order of the day, or so was my misguided belief. You learn something every day, I guess.

Yes, actually, I am familiar with it.
                              Last edited by Lord §okar; 12 September 2005, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Lord §okar your not necessarly wrong all the time like people are trying to prove. But your comparisons just don't work. Seriouily. You can't say that the ancient "TW"(Trinity Weapon) is better then a nuke because it couldn't hit the PJ and the nuke could have. A nuke doesn't need to hit its target to be effective like the "TW" but it also loses alot of energy. The "TW" most likely channels almost all of its energy directly into the target. Unlike a nuke wich spreads it all over the place and it has such a big radius it doesn't need to hit directly.

Furthermore a nuke isn't all powerful like your claming. A good example hiroshima. Houses survived that were fairly close to the blast. (Of course the Deddy's nukes are alot more powerful and probally naquadah enhanced.) But say they are firing the nukes with missles and not the transporter because the wraith can block it. If they are smart they will detonate the nuke in the middle of a group of hiveships crippling them instead of destroying just 1 or 3. Now the nuke is more powerful the the ones used in hiroshima but they are going against a starship hull wich is stronger then that of a Ha'tak. How do I know this? The fact that the wraith don't have shields. If you don't have shields to block simple things like lets say space debris so that you can fly without being gutted by sand and small rocks you better make sure you have a well designed or reinforced hull. So I think an Goa'uld energy based weapon would be more effective. The Goa'uld weapons arn't all that bad. And neither are whatever the wraith use. We should be strapping on some Al'kesh weapons, Ha'tak weapons, Death Glider guns. Anything that will fit and will work. Rite now without the asgard transporter the Deddy and the Prommie have Rail Guns and F-302s. Rail guns, are totally useless against anything besides fighters and unshielded craft. and F-302s are good for fighter to fighter without nukes. But remember each ship has 8 F-302s so in almost any battle the F-302s are vastly outnumbered.

Im basically saying, you can't compare a deivce that transfers its energy directly to one that has a large radius. That and nukes are good, but are not efficent in transfer of energy. If you could find a weapon that transfers it directly like the "TW" then you have a nearly perfect weapon for transfer of energy and efficency. That and the Prommie and the Deddy are are to small and vastly underequiped. Its just a losing fight for them in every battle, it really is.

Comment

Working...
                                X