No announcement yet.

Re: isn't it about time we get better weapons of daedalus an prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you do know this thread is 4 years old???!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      massive spoiler!!

Spoiler:
      the Oddyssey and daedalus were given asgard weapons in s10 'Unending' just before they commited mass suicide
      i though just the oddyssey got the upgrades
      SG-1 members
      Atlantis Team members

Comment

Oddy got them in Unending, the rest of the 304s were upgraded with them after that.
        sigpic

Spoiler:
        Originally posted by IMDB
        Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
        Hehe

Comment

before they got the plasma beam weapons, people were complaining thatearth ships are weak because they dont have decent weapons....that it was time to get something that was more powerful then the railguns....but now that earth ships finally got some decent weapons (more then decent) people are still complaining...only now they're complaining about them being to powerful...that earth ships and specifically the oddyssey have become to powerful....

it just seems you cant satisfy anyone...

Comment

Originally posted by boyd18 View Post
            before they got the plasma beam weapons, people were complaining thatearth ships are weak because they dont have decent weapons....that it was time to get something that was more powerful then the railguns....but now that earth ships finally got some decent weapons (more then decent) people are still complaining...only now they're complaining about them being to powerful...that earth ships and specifically the oddyssey have become to powerful....

it just seems you cant satisfy anyone...
            Would it have been to hard to give the 304's standard Asgard pulse weapons? The Asgard beams are wank rays and plot devices which ruin any sort of suspense in space battles.
            Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
              Would it have been to hard to give the 304's standard Asgard pulse weapons? The Asgard beams are wank rays and plot devices which ruin any sort of suspense in space battles.
              they could have been fine, if they had kept them on the oddy. the rest of the 304s are underpowered the way it is, so why not give them a weapon they can power properly?
              sigpic

Spoiler:
              Originally posted by IMDB
              Revealing mistakes: Throughout the series, the IDC is received by the SGC before the wormhole has been established.
              Hehe

Comment

the reason they got ABW is because on the show the standard Asgard weapons did not work on the Ori so BW where needed to beat them it just so happed that they put them on the others so it for the first time gave us a advantige in weapons tec for the first time

Comment

Originally posted by tjoflojt View Post
                  they could have been fine, if they had kept them on the oddy. the rest of the 304s are underpowered the way it is, so why not give them a weapon they can power properly?
                  I agree, the stunning power of the beam weapons could have been linked to the ZPM powering them instead we get all 304's owning everything in sight.

Originally posted by guppy338 View Post
                  the reason they got ABW is because on the show the standard Asgard weapons did not work on the Ori so BW where needed to beat them it just so happed that they put them on the others so it for the first time gave us a advantige in weapons tec for the first time
                  Yes but now the Ori are gone and TPTB need to invent handicaps in battles to prevent Earth owning everyone that or wank up the Wraith to massive proportions.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Yes but now the Ori are gone and TPTB need to invent handicaps in battles to prevent Earth owning everyone that or wank up the Wraith to massive proportions.
                    i no that but atlantic and sg1 have ended apart form the new movies and SGU will not have it and the destany is falling apart so we will be back to square one agen

Comment

the way i see it is the beam weapons stength isn't because they're uber powerful, but rather there ability to be fired in rapid secession without a long recharge period...there ability to be fired in rapid secession let the Oddy punch through the ori ships shields without actually having to drain its them..

now we've seen the Oddy fire multiple times a min...but from what i've seen, normal 304's dont seem to fire as fast...so maybe thats there handicap right there...the oddy's ZPM enables it to fire faster then a normal 304...so i wonder how well a normal 304 wold do against a ori mothership...

Comment

well now theyve got asgard beams YEAH PWN THEM lol

Comment

Originally posted by oniel193 View Post
                          well now theyve got asgard beams YEAH PWN THEM lol
                          does the george hammond though??
                          SG-1 members
                          Atlantis Team members

Comment

the railguns on the deadalus IMO suck, just as the missiles, and just as the 302's. now TBH, we dont need uber plasma weapons to solve that.

1: railguns. add two more "rails" that are not connected to the main rails. they generate an additional magnetic field which augments the railgun. doubling or so it's power.

2: Missiles. i know, they're expensive. but mostly, that applies to ICBM's. space has no range. i think adding a small powersource (like a staffweapon's), along with a VASIMR drive, will significantly enhance it's speed and maneuverability, and make our missiles well, better. also, detonate their nukes ON the shield and dont let the missiles harmlessly impact them.

regarding the cost of nukes: america still has to reduce the amount of nukes it has. take the nukes scheduled for demolition, add a few bricks of naquahdah and push them in these missiles. (relatively) cheap and easy.

3: energy weapons. i think that the 304's should have adaptable turrets. so when a 304 goes off to fight the wraith, these energy hardpoints have Particle Beam Cannons mounted on them (A Hundred Days, Serpent's Song (i believe)). when we fight enemies with shields, we replace them with energy cannons of our own design, a ship-grade version of the X-699 made to function.

without using the Asgard in any way, our 304's would be way better. much greater firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                              the railguns on the deadalus IMO suck, just as the missiles, and just as the 302's. now TBH, we dont need uber plasma weapons to solve that.

1: railguns. add two more "rails" that are not connected to the main rails. they generate an additional magnetic field which augments the railgun. doubling or so it's power.

2: Missiles. i know, they're expensive. but mostly, that applies to ICBM's. space has no range. i think adding a small powersource (like a staffweapon's), along with a VASIMR drive, will significantly enhance it's speed and maneuverability, and make our missiles well, better. also, detonate their nukes ON the shield and dont let the missiles harmlessly impact them.

regarding the cost of nukes: america still has to reduce the amount of nukes it has. take the nukes scheduled for demolition, add a few bricks of naquahdah and push them in these missiles. (relatively) cheap and easy.

3: energy weapons. i think that the 304's should have adaptable turrets. so when a 304 goes off to fight the wraith, these energy hardpoints have Particle Beam Cannons mounted on them (A Hundred Days, Serpent's Song (i believe)). when we fight enemies with shields, we replace them with energy cannons of our own design, a ship-grade version of the X-699 made to function.

without using the Asgard in any way, our 304's would be way better. much greater firepower.
                              i like your ideas but the asgard weapons are great and why would "we" sacrifice the asgard core
                              SG-1 members
                              Atlantis Team members

Comment

Originally posted by hawkmajor View Post
                                does the george hammond though??
                                It is a Daedalus class, so logically, it would, unless Earth has created a new uber superheated plasma beam weapon that can be mounted on ships.
                                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Working...
                                X