Re: isn't it about time we get better weapons of daedalus an prometheus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Macilnar
    I like but to add to my other post also add the "ground equivalent to the Ancient satellite" to Atlantis, teach the Wraith a lesson...
    And here is the weapon for any one who doesn't know what I am talking about:
    and how are we supposed to power this?
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
      and how are we supposed to power this?
      For one thing it doesn't requier a lot of power it was only hocked up to that thing to releave the exces energy. Also remember how the Ancient satellite wasn't powered by a ZPM so that means maybe 1 or 2 naquadah reactors can power it, and that would be worth it.
      Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
      O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
      We are the Ancients

Comment

yea but since it doens't exist anymore there is no point
        sooner or later the day comes when you cant hide from the things that youv'e done anymore-BSG adama

Comment

I say they take the blueprints for that "ground equivalent to the Ancient satellite" the Atlantis team found in "TRINITY" and equip the Daedalus with some of them. There is no way you are going to tell me they didn't get the blueprints on that thing before it went supernova, not when the Daedalus had been hiding in orbit above the planet with Asgard scanners, no way and if they didn't then the people who wrote the script should be shot I didn't care what kind of reasoning they try to pull there is no way the military wouldn't have scanned that thing, no way. And don't even think of saying that having that weapon would ruin the story line because it wouldn't.
          vandred read this. That is the point.
          Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
          We are the Ancients

Comment

Y'know how we should be fighting? Did anyone see The Last Starfighter? Death Blossom? Well, basically, your ship begins spinning around and around on y and z axes, and start firing. You'll create a sphere of fire in pretty much every direction around you, as well as limiting your enemies ability to focus attack on any part of your ship.

Well, it's a decent technique when you are surrounded by hostile forces at any rate.

-IMF
            "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
            "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
            BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

DAMN nukes suck on a galactic scale! I would of thought they would have retrofitted some Al-kesh guns onto the Prometheus by now and beefed them up a little making them a ha'tak powered blaster (do they have real names...?)
              Alkesh create FUEL BOMBS, nukes release energies in the megaton range. Ha'tak guns are absolutely pathetic. Energy weapons are simply awful. The supposed ultimate weapon in Trinity? Yawn. A nuke would have done more damage. Seriously .

Y'know how we should be fighting? Did anyone see The Last Starfighter? Death Blossom? Well, basically, your ship begins spinning around and around on y and z axes, and start firing. You'll create a sphere of fire in pretty much every direction around you, as well as limiting your enemies ability to focus attack on any part of your ship.
              What about the x axis? How are you going to counteract the horrendous g-forces that will be generated if you're to spin fast enough to make a sphere of fire? Why are we spinning and not just mounting MORE GUNS.

The Daedelus is the best ship seen to date in stargate, and that's sad.

1) Try and convince the Asgard to give us weapons.
              Urgh! It doens't matter if they give us weapons or not if they're still powered by our limited reactors and ridiculously overrated ZPMs!

remember the alkesh are weak remember in avalon when mitchell shot down one with an f-302, so i think that we are fine at it is the only thing is to do not make it like star trek well im tired of that who cares as long as its cool and the audience like it well i wouldnt mind some energy weapons from the asgard or any race as long as it kicks some ass. But the best thing would be if we get some new weapons on our own i mean u guys remember in atlantis episode condemend when shepard'd team brought a scientist to atlantis and he was pritty smart and i think that mckay and zelenka and everyone in atlantis can make a new weapon they are definetly more smarter now and know how to deal with more advanced tech that is all im well and every1 else i suppose is wating for that we build new weapons. Like even if its not energy based as long as they are fast like rail guns except bigger blasts and can actually damage the hull i mean the daedalus can fire everysingle railgun shots at one target of a wraith hive ship lets say and it wouldn't realy do that much damage so we need better weapons the daedalus is only good when its realy close to the other ship so then it can shot the nukes, but i was also thinking y cant mckay and zelenka fit the daedalus with an invisibilty cloaking jumper thing i mean they fitted the atlantis city and the daedalus is smaller. Also this is what i picture lets say in a season finale that u guys kno that sg-1 is like a
              There are some keys I'd like to point out to you. The first is between caps lock and left control, called shift. You use it to start sentences. The last is above right shift and below backspace (or backslash on some keyboards). This key is the carriage return.

By employing these keys you too can write posts that people don't ignore.
              Last edited by Lord §okar; 04 September 2005, 05:12 PM.
              Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

Originally posted by IMForeman

Well, it's a decent technique when you are surrounded by hostile forces at any rate.

-IMF
                Unless they aim for the center from where the fire is coming from...or they happen to fire like a 1,000 rounds a second like the Wraith. Now then that would also be a vary big waste of energy.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                We are the Ancients

Comment

The density of fire would also decrease with r^2. Just stand far enough away from the ridiculous spinning ship and fire away.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                    DAMN nukes suck on a galactic scale! I would of thought they would have retrofitted some Al-kesh guns onto the Prometheus by now and beefed them up a little making them a ha'tak powered blaster (do they have real names...?)
                    You can't possibly understand how great the gulf is between a nuke and Alkesh guns. Alkesh create FUEL BOMBS, nukes release energies in the megaton rang. Do you get it? Ha'tak guns are absolutely pathetic. Energy weapons are simply awful guns. The supposed ultimate weapon in Trinity? Yawn. A nuke would have done more damage. Seriously, get some knowledge.
                    Nukes are only good at long rang other wise you get caught in the blast too. Rail and energy guns are good at almost any range.

What about the x axis? How are you going to counteract the horrendous g-forces that will be generated if you're to spin fast enough to make a sphere of fire? Why are we spinning and not just mounting MORE GUNS.

The Daedelus is the best ship seen to date in Stargate, and that's sad.
                    You don't count Atlantis as a ship then? And it is Daedalus not Daedelus.

1) Try and convince the Asgard to give us weapons.
                    Urgh! It doens't matter if they give us weapons or not if they're still powered by our limited reactors and ridiculously overrated ZPMs!
                    Overrated right...if you have something better then by all means share it with us.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                    We are the Ancients

Comment

Nukes are only good at long rang other wise you get caught in the blast too. Rail and energy guns are good at almost any range.
                      Thats why the ships have shields
                      The deadulas has a shield which would protect it from a nukes blast wave,
                      the wraith on the other hand have no shields on the hive ships as far as i know so a nuke would take it out in 1 shot ( if it was faster)
                      Rail and energy weapons have the advantage of spped

The doctor told me Im insane, thank God! its so much better then being outsane!

Comment

Energy weapons are essentially explosives, just as a nuke is. The only reason they wouldn't hurt you closer in is because they're so much less powerful.

Actually, I do. Thanks ever so for the correction of my spelling, I guess I'd just gotten into a bad habit.

Overrated right...if you have something better then by all means share it with us.
                        Typical retort, no I don't have anything better I'm simply drawing attention to the fact that while they may have access to a great deal of energy they have very, very limited power. I suppose since ZPMs are fictional I've got a whole truckload of equally plausible, far better power sources. If we're after power sources that are sound then I suppose a lemon's better than the ZPM.

If I were to ask you for proof of that statement, would you be able to deliver?

Comment

Unless they aim for the center from where the fire is coming from...or they happen to fire like a 1,000 rounds a second like the Wraith. Now then that would also be a vary big waste of energy.
                          Firing randomly is, I'll grant you... the rotation isn't. I still think it would help with the shields... and of course you could fire your thrusters, but there's no way to know which way you'll wind up going... you could wind up crashing into an enemy ship.

Of course, this is why it was a technique of last resort in Last Starfighter. Only when you were surrounded and the enemy forces were closing in on you. I think such a fast, random rotational technique could help a ship from being boarded by hostile forces... it would be very difficult to compensate for, even for transporters, much less physical docking.

Oh, well. It's just a bit of a fun theory anyway. It looked impressive on screen.

-IMF
                          "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                          "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                          BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eoin
                            Thats why the ships have shields
                            the wraith on the other hand have no shields on the hive ships as far as i know so a nuke would take it out in 1 shot ( if it was faster)
                            Rail and energy weapons have the advantage of spped

But then you are putting unnecessary strain on the shield.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                            We are the Ancients

Comment

Why are these starships battling in close quarters again?

Comment

Energy weapons are essentially explosives, just as a nuke is. The only reason they wouldn't hurt you closer in is because they're so much less powerful.
                                That’s the point the Rail and energy guns are more useful against an enemy like the Wraith, whose strength is in numbers.

Actually, I do. Thanks ever so for the correction of my spelling, I guess I'd just gotten into a bad habit.
                                Then you are saying the Daedalus is a better ship then Atlantis?

Typical retort, no I don't have anything better I'm simply drawing attention to the fact that while they may have access to a great deal of energy they have very, very limited power. I suppose since ZPMs are fictional I've got a whole truckload of equally plausible, far better power sources. If we're after power sources that are sound then I suppose a lemon's better than the ZPM.
                                I know there are far better power sources then a ZPM but this is Stargate and sadly the writers are not the brightest...heck ZPM's don't even use Zero Point Energy they draw power from a self contained region of Subspace!

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                                We are the Ancients

Comment

Working...
                                X