Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

instantaneous travel through a wormhole?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe we decided to end this futile discussion.

3Phd , My retort is yes, that's what I want to know, I have the answer, obviously, I just want to see what Intelligent replies will be posted.

Comment

Originally posted by nicedog
      I believe we decided to end this futile discussion.

3Phd , My retort is yes, that's what I want to know, I have the answer, obviously, I just want to see what Intelligent replies will be posted.
      Oh, well, in the simplest terms I'd say probably that Einstein wanted to make everything join up in a lovely harmonious matter into a nice simple equation like Relativity itself, without the need for all that "messy" quantum mechanics. Kaluza-Klein on the other hand has Quantum Mechanics bound to it intrinsically, owing to the microscopic nature of the implied additional dimensions of spacetime that would be required in order to unify all the fundamental forces. Or am I still missing your meaning? :\

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

You don't even know Jaden, you don't know if he has phds, or not,
        He doesn't, we've been having a big 'ol chat about him on one of my other fora, populated by other educated people.

It's quite clear to me "3-PHD" is just here to stir things up. He has no agenda or purpose, but he or she just pokes at some people, hoping that they will be upset enough to give him some attention and response.
        He's also the possibly most scientifically capable person here and has obviously come for the same reason I have; I see technobabble used to explain things in the same form and format as real science would and people misrepresenting themselves, overblowing their educations and I find them equally offensive.
        Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

After 63 posts Jaden10 is the only one who has bothered to answer my question. How about people throw around some other ideas instead of paying each other out? When I get some time I'm gonna look for quotes that says the stargate provides instantaneous travel from one gate to the next. I'll let you know how I go, I'm ready to be shot down in flames though.

Comment

Could you post it again (and/or provide a link to it)?

Comment

What is wrong with you guys, are you stupid? You are ruining this whole forum with your nonsense, WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHETHER JADEN HAS PHDS OR NOT! It does not effect you at all. It seems to me, that you have created this account for nothing but insulting Jaden and possibly immhotep. Personally, I find quoting a private message, so as to use it as ammunition against some one you may not like is despicable. I don't think I have ever said this to any forum member ever before, but we don't want you here, please leave. Don't leave because I have asked you to, leave because you are ruining this forum, you have done nothing but post insulting slanderous remarks. I really can't believe that anyone would do this, yet you are.

Please, if you are not going to appoligize, or post anything of general intrest AND STOP YOUR MINDLESS BANTER! Then LEAVE. It is people like you who ruin forums. jaden10 has done nothing to you, nor does the state of his educational achievments.

As for insulting the way I sign my name at the bottom of my posts, they are my posts and I choose to type my name, I don't care if you can see it at the begining, it is my way of finishing a post.

Owen Macri

Comment

I thought they've mentioned numerous times that a stargate provides [B}instantaneous[/B] travel through space. So that whole wormhole scene they show when they go through the stargate is not really what they're seeing, it's just for us to show us that their atoms are being transported across space. But whenever they send a probe through, they always have it tracking how long till it arrives and they have the diagram which shows its position as it gets closer to the planet. The probe should enter instantaneously, there should be no time between when they send it through and when it arrives.
                Could anyone clear these up for me or is it just a contradiction?
                It's a contradiction, people going through the gate are supposed to be converted into energy, too, but they're obviously intact since they can see the wormhole and MALPs can allow their position to be tracked (though how is a mystery since they lose the frame of reference).

Real wormholes are theorized to provide instantaneous transportation since the length of the "throat" is zero, but the stargate one does not.

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                What is wrong with you guys, are you stupid? You are ruining this whole forum with your nonsense, WHAT THE HELL DOES IT MATTER TO YOU WHETHER JADEN HAS PHDS OR NOT! It does not effect you at all. It seems to me, that you have created this account for nothing but insulting Jaden and possibly immhotep. Personally, I find quoting a private message, so as to use it as ammunition against some one you may not like is despicable. I don't think I have ever said this to any forum member ever before, but we don't want you here, please leave. Don't leave because I have asked you to, leave because you are ruining this forum, you have done nothing but post insulting slanderous remarks. I really can't believe that anyone would do this, yet you are.

Please, if you are not going to appoligize, or post anything of general intrest AND STOP YOUR MINDLESS BANTER! Then LEAVE. It is people like you who ruin forums. jaden10 has done nothing to you, nor does the state of his educational achievments.

As for insulting the way I sign my name at the bottom of my posts, they are my posts and I choose to type my name, I don't care if you can see it at the begining, it is my way of finishing a post.

Owen Macri

It does not effect you at all.
                It does when he uses them as proof of his ideas!
                Last edited by Lord §okar; 03 August 2005, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Three PhDs
                  My problem? Fourteen year old kids making a horrendously poor attempt to pass themselves off as someone working on a top secret spacecraft in possesion of two PhDs.
                  Actually the space craft isn't top secret, it just hasn't be told to the public yet, and as far as "classified" stuff, I can hint all I want. And for the record I really don't care if you want to mail or call JPL, everything I have said for one hasn't been a breach in any security, and 2, if NASA used off the shelf products, they most likely wouldn't be blowing up shuttles (sorry I needed to say that, it has been my opinion for a while). And if you remember that Faster, Cheaper, quicker crap they were saying, what do you think they used? It wasn't off the shelf products, It was stuff that was built with cheap ass products... And just to let you know, Intel and AMD have been bugging them as well as Microsoft, IBM, Cisco systems and a few other that I honestly don't remember, NASA's response. We have to design equipment that is far above and beyond anything you can make, but here is my question. If that was the case then why the hell are they using a Pentium chip for hubble (Pentium 233).

As for the other mindless banter, I am not going to dignify it with a response.

And why should you care if I have a PhD or not, it was asked by a couple of people, I answered honestly. So being that no matter what I say and what I do, you are going to resort to attacking me no matter what. As I said before it is only proving one thing, a serious lack of maturity.

On a side note. I am going to sandbag for a while, only because I have had my fill of this, and I am choosing to ignore it from here on out, I suggest everyone the same. And you can talk about me in other forums until the cows come home, it makes not a damned bit of difference to me. Caio

Comment

And why should you care if I have a PhD or not, it was asked by a couple of people
                    You've forgotten? I was originally disinterested but then you posted this to me:
                    Originally posted by You
                    And I assume your a expert in wormhole mechanics? Or even so much as someone with a PhD in Quantum Theory?
                    If you are a expert in wormhole mechanics please let me know where you went to school and experienced your wormhole travels, I want to sign up.
                    ...and used that Quantum Theory PhD to, no less, mock me. I found this extremely vexatious and retaliated. You made it my concern where I initially had none.

EDIT:
                    It wasn't off the shelf products, It was stuff that was built with cheap ass products... And just to let you know, Intel and AMD have been bugging them as well as Microsoft, IBM, Cisco systems and a few other that I honestly don't remember, NASA's response. We have to design equipment that is far above and beyond anything you can make, but here is my question. If that was the case then why the hell are they using a Pentium chip for hubble (Pentium 233).
                    That's incongruent. You just said that off-the-shelf products are not used but that a P233 processor is in the Hubble telescope.

We've done nothing but post about the topic, you've done nothing but whinge about things that are not of your concern. How dare you presume to order me to "STOP [my] MINDLESS BANTER". Let me be as clear as possible, post about the topic or be quiet.
                    Last edited by Lord §okar; 04 August 2005, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord §okar
                      You've forgotten? I was originally disinterested but then you posted this to me:

...and used that Quantum Theory PhD to, no less, mock me. I found this extremely vexatious and retaliated. You made it my concern where I initially had none.

EDIT:

That's incongruent. You just said that off-the-shelf products are not used but that a P233 processor is in the Hubble telescope.
                      But if you remember, Hubble was NOT a NASA Project.

Comment

Yes it was, it was designed, developed and constructed by the Marshall Space Flight centre (NASA) while the electronics and instruments were selected by the Goddard Space Flight centre (NASA) and was commisioned, constructed and owned by NASA (and the ESA through NASA).

Comment

Ah yes you just said it, ESA, European Space Adminastration. People well know for using "Off the shelf" Tech.

But on a different subject, being you have no problems bashing someone for a pointless reason. I figured I would join in.

So your one of those uptight low life Aussies that have nothing better to do then to suck on Prozac and be a ignorant fool.

The reason I dipped that low is because you feel the need to do the same.

Comment

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough:

Designed, developed and constructed by: Marshall Space Flight centre (NASA)

Electronics and instruments selected by: Goddard Space Flight centre (NASA)

Commisioned by: NASA

Constructed by: NASA

Owned by: NASA (and the ESA through NASA).

The ESA had no hand is its construction, design, design or development.

So your one of those uptight low life Aussies that have nothing better to do then to suck on Prozac and be a ignorant fool.
                            Actually I'm Canadian, nice try at a racial slur, though. Just when I thought my opinion of you couldn't possibly get any lower you come through with the goods and shock me further. You definitely deserve an (honourary) doctorate for that.

The reason I dipped that low is because you feel the need to do the same.
                            That hurts, I'm not a pigheaded, bigoted racist whose insecurity forces me to lie to complete strangers to make them think I'm intelligent.

But on a different subject, being you have no problems bashing someone for a pointless reason.
                            Far from pointless really, I bashed you because you mocked me. It was just convenient that you gave me plenty of ammunition.
                            Last edited by Lord §okar; 04 August 2005, 01:42 AM.

Comment

You say that hurt, fine. But think about it, how does it feel to be judged when I don't know you? I was just going by something you said in another thread. How do I know your a 18 year old male from Australia? I don't, i have to go by what you said. And what also hurt is the fact that I busted my ass for over 10 years to get those pieces of paper. I don't really care for judging with out knowing someone. So I hope you now understand my attack on you.

Comment

Lol, I was being fecetious.

EDIT:
                                Here it is again:
                                Originally posted by Me
                                Perhaps I didn't make myself clear enough:

Designed, developed and constructed by: Marshall Space Flight centre (NASA)

Electronics and instruments selected by: Goddard Space Flight centre (NASA)

Commisioned by: NASA

Constructed by: NASA

Owned by: NASA (and the ESA through NASA).

The ESA had no hand is its construction, design, design or development.
                                Last edited by Lord §okar; 04 August 2005, 01:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X