Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

instantaneous travel through a wormhole?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jaden10
    Why should I prove to you anything when you already have it made up in your mind that I am not telling the truth, One thing we learn while going for a PhD, is that no ones opinion matters until it is a proven fact that has been tested. So take your small opinion (which is how I feel) and go do something constructive with it. I refuse to have a battle of the wits with a unarmed person.. Thank you and good night.
    perchance I was a bit impolite when making my point. I wanted to make clear that having a PHD does not make you any more qualified to analyze some situations which in my mind are still science-fiction. I must acknowledge anything is possible when it comes to space and beyond. I apologize. I never went to school in the USA, I had to settle at Oxford which is fantastic but not Harvard or Princeton

Secondly at the university where I use to work Before quitting to continue my research I heard someone say that a wormhole is perfectly possible and it does not defy the laws of kinematics for that matter , it is just the fastest rout, for instance take a A4 put your finger at the bottom and move it in a straight line to the top, it would take 3 seconds depending on how fast you're moving, okay here is the wormhole theory of the person x, now fold the paper in halve, take a lighter and burn a hole between the point of origin and the end (where you stopped your finger) and move your finger trough the hole, you have reached point b without the going trough the previous longer rout, I had many questions which I am not going to bore you with for this person.

One of the questions was how much energy would need to be released, he had no answer.

How fast would to be, he had no answer.

How can you pinpoint your destination, he had no answer.

But if I take this for true I would have to say that it would take no time whatsoever, to get to point B using a wormhole. If this is correct that can mean all places are connected which seems implausible yet not impossible.

Thirdly, how will we be able to obtain such an energy source, I am new to the stargate program but how much energy does the gate take to dial a local address, for example the alpha site or somewhere farther or nearer.

Comment

maybey a stragate makes a micro wormhole which dosn't require bucket loads of energy maybey the wormhole itself is only a few nano meters across

Comment

Originally posted by Loaf
        you do classified work

are you sure the CIA won't have you wacked when you retire just to make sure, an just out of curisoity what do you work on
        Ok honestly, Everything I have spoken about on this board isn't classified by any extent of the imagination. Do I work on projects that are considered "Classified"? Yeah, Will I talk about them no. Why? Because of a few things. One of which they are just that classified and because of the state this world is in. And to me most importantly, I have this issue with a stint in a Federal Prison.

What am I working on, Just to clear things up. As I said before I am a consultant which in the field I work in. Which in short is a idea man.

What am I working on. As I said before. In general we are working on designs on a few design on the ship that will bring the first people to Mars. And let me tell you, there are NO shortange of ideas for this ship, apparently NASA gets thousands of ideas, drawings and what not a week on what they ship should look like.
        And also right now we are kicking around ideas on gravity enerators for such a ship. Which includes the ever evasive Artifical Gravity that doesn't require a centrafuge. But honestly I don't see that happening, Centrafuge gravity is about the best we can do. And we are also working on the computers for that trip.

So to quite a certain person that fired the first volly I am not working on a bunch of programs that have nothing to do with each other, we have 5 teams working on this project and all of the teams have multiple projects going at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by nicedog
          perchance I was a bit impolite when making my point. I wanted to make clear that having a PHD does not make you any more qualified to analyze some situations which in my mind are still science-fiction. I must acknowledge anything is possible when it comes to space and beyond. I apologize. I never went to school in the USA, I had to settle at Oxford which is fantastic but not Harvard or Princeton

Secondly at the university where I use to work Before quitting to continue my research I heard someone say that a wormhole is perfectly possible and it does not defy the laws of kinematics for that matter , it is just the fastest rout, for instance take a A4 put your finger at the bottom and move it in a straight line to the top, it would take 3 seconds depending on how fast you're moving, okay here is the wormhole theory of the person x, now fold the paper in halve, take a lighter and burn a hole between the point of origin and the end (where you stopped your finger) and move your finger trough the hole, you have reached point b without the going trough the previous longer rout, I had many questions which I am not going to bore you with for this person.

One of the questions was how much energy would need to be released, he had no answer.

How fast would to be, he had no answer.

How can you pinpoint your destination, he had no answer.

But if I take this for true I would have to say that it would take no time whatsoever, to get to point B using a wormhole. If this is correct that can mean all places are connected which seems implausible yet not impossible.

Thirdly, how will we be able to obtain such an energy source, I am new to the stargate program but how much energy does the gate take to dial a local address, for example the alpha site or somewhere farther or nearer.
          While 10 years ago that would have been my answer as well, we have gained better understanding of space and the theories that have come forth seem plausable. And the one thing that has seriously helped us in understanding space better has been: Hubble Telescope, the Chandra x-ray obervitory. Not to metion (Belive it or not) that science experiment going on in Europe with Anti-Matter.
          Science Fiction has pushed more then clarified but it is still a driving force that shouldn't be messed with.

Comment

maybey a stragate makes a micro wormhole which dosn't require bucket loads of energy maybey the wormhole itself is only a few nano meters across
            That can be very plausable, going by Stargate physics, the Stargate compressed the molicules into a data stream and trasmits it across subspace, there is no rule saying that the worm home has to be such and such a size for it to work.

Comment

i thought centrifuge gravity had been abandoned becasue it made people quesy and that the mission would be a death sentence for who ever went becasue thye couldn't sheild the entire craft from cosmic radiation

I wonder wether the mars astronaughts will wear omega watches to mars

Comment

perchance I was a bit impolite when making my point.
                A BIT?!? You were down right, insulting and disrespectful, whether someone has a phd or not, does not give you the right to insult them. I know you don't know jaden10, but if you read his posts, you would know he is very intelligent, phd, or not, that deserves respect. Perhaps an apology is in order?

Owen Macri

Comment

i thought centrifuge gravity had been abandoned becasue it made people quesy and that the mission would be a death sentence for who ever went becasue thye couldn't sheild the entire craft from cosmic radiation

I wonder wether the mars astronaughts will wear omega watches to mars
                  It hasn't been abandoned, Just scaled back and re-examined.
                  The way the ships are being designed, all of the ship is shielded against radiation, they have to be, even the windows. The centrifuge, is also made out the same way, as for it being quesy. Doubtful in space, cause there is NO gravity in space. And there really isn't a point of referance to look at except the hatch, but that can be easily fixed by starting the enterance far enough into the tube so no one can see it and it moves right along with the rest of the structure.

as for the watches that is anyones guess, i am sure NASA has a team of 100 working on that.

Comment

Originally posted by Owen Macri
                    A BIT?!? You were down right, insulting and disrespectful, whether someone has a phd or not, does not give you the right to insult them. I know you don't know jaden10, but if you read his posts, you would know he is very intelligent, phd, or not, that deserves respect. Perhaps an apology is in order?

Owen Macri
                    I don't want to sound like a ass, but I really don't want a apology. Everyone has a right to there opinion. My problem was out and out way someone said I didn't have a PhD when NO ONE knows me from Adam.

Yes my answer may have seem off, but if you studied what I have studied and done the jobs I have done and had to do, you would understand it better.

Being this is a SG forum, let me say this, (and I know this may not seem right but it is apt). Why did the primative humans worship Ra? Cause he had technology they didn't understand and it seemed god like. Just because my answers don't see "normal" doesn't mean they aren't correct. It just means that there is a bit of learning required for people to understand. I am no greater then anyone on here, and just like everyone else in the world, we all possess different levels of knowledge in different fields.

I sure as hell wouldn't want to go up against a professional internal designer, cause I don't know jack when it comes to color matching or even clashing, that is why I prefer the Country style, it is straight forward and to the point. Just like I don't know jack compaired to Bill Gates about the finer details of computer programming and distribution.

The last thing I am going to say is this. I like everyone else in these forums are contributing to the whole when it comes to this site. And perhaps with all that collective knowledge we can all come to some sort of agreement in how all the gate tech works.. (Sounds borgish if you ask me, but apt)

Oh side note, how does someone put a picture at the end of there post like so many people do on this site? Please PM me.

Comment

Knowledge dosn't equel power then

Comment

Knowledge dosn't equel power then
                        No it doesn't. You have to understand that knowledge to use that knowledge.

Comment

You are right, knowledge=knowledge, knowledge used to gain power=power. A tree is just a tree until a logger cuts it down and a carpenter turns it into a desk.

Owen Macri

Comment

As someone who has a PhD in Quantum Mechanics I can explain in detail.
                            The reason that the matter doesn't automaticly reintegrate is because of one special reason. SUBSPACE. Just because subspace is VASTLY and EXTREMELY faster then normal space, there still is travel time. no matter where you gate to. Subspace certainly DOES has a speed limit, but because we haven't advanced far enough to utilize it we do not know the maximum speed is.

By "subspace" what are you referring to, by "faster" than normal space, what are you referring to?

Doubtful in space, cause there is NO gravity in space.
                            I'll take that statement as it was intended rather than literally.
                            Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

jaden10 can you demonstrate to me just one little tiny thing that you learned on any one of your two PhDs. I don't know what it is, but you seem to come across like a 14 year old kid. I'm not even university trained myself, I got my PhDs in a cereal box, but a lot of what you're posting is utter faff.

Allow me to expand upon my prior statemet:

For obvious reasons I can't get into alot of detail because of Security reasons. Some of the things I am working on will also be used in Military Tech, so I have to tip toe.
                              You've already broken enough security regulations to get you put in prison. I'll be emailing your employers to let them know.

Also some of the computer hardware for the ship. But that is all I can say.
                              NASA uses off the shelf components. There'd be a lowly engineer working on the "ship's systems"

I can tell you right now, and it is pretty common knowledge, the stage that we are at with Artifical Gravity is this.
                              we put a big cylinder on the ship somewhere, in the middle sounds about right and we spin it up to about 80-110 feet per minute and you have gravity. But I won't lie, that is expensive and bulky as hell to build, it would have to be done in space.
                              A big cylinder somewhere about the middle and spin it a number of feet per minute? Well, seeing as feet isn't actually a measure of rotation... I was left somewhat in doubt as to the validity of your claim. To reassure myself I built one myself. What you were trying to describe was a gyroscope. Not an aritificial gravity generator, though not having a PhD in Mechanical Engineering I can see why you might mistake the two.

Now with added lesbians.

Comment

what is your problem

An how are you going to tell his employer you don't have his name i'm sure he works with hundreds of people so why don't you take your grey cloud or what evers makeing you miserable an diserper into quantum oblivion

Comment

Working...
                                X