Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

instantaneous travel through a wormhole?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I am aware of the other threads, and I have objected in one, however, at the thought of protesting in the rest, I thought, what good will it do, it is unlikley a moderator will move the threads seeing as they are still here. As well, the user cannot move the thread. As well, they aren't hurting anyone, I don't think, so since they are already there, just leave them in peace. However, what we should do is try to stop further off topic discussion from begining. If a man murders another man, and in turn is arested and sentenced to death, who does it help? The victim will still be dead, the victims' family will still be saddened, not to mention another life was taken, and that murderer has now become the victim. All that will come from this is more saddness and more loss of life. Oh, the irony.

The reason criminals are prosecuted are because most of the world cannot release their primitive instinct for revenge, what does revenge accomplish? I will answer for all those who cannot, nothing.

Owen Macri

Comment

I guess the reason I will no longer debate anything is for a few reasons that I have seen first hand.

1. No matter what proof, evidence or whatever, you don't accept it as the truth even if it is published and agreed on world wide.
      2. You bring the debates to a personal level hoping to get a reaction from whom ever you single out. And honestly, I have no intentions of feeding into your ego or whatever you call it, and this also goes for anyone else who wants to try it.

If you don't agree with anyone's statement or what they believe to be the truth, fine. But don't turn it into a debate that you know may or will turn into a very heated discussion. I'm tired of it. I am 31 years old, I do NOT have time for this childish bullcrap. I know what the truth is, I work with the truth that I know, now if that doesn't "jive" with you, so be it, I am not here to make people happy, I am here to discuss STARGATE TECHNOLOGY which is SCIENCE FICTION which also means most of what you see in SG DOES NOT EXIST YET OR EVER. So getting into a argument over technology that doesn't exist yet or will never exist yet is pure insanity. We all have theories on how it works, and honestly some of the theories I have read and see, are damned good. But that is all it is. So instead of pissing people off and making possible enemies that I am sure you don't care about, why don't we just discuss in a peaceful way, cause any other way is just uncivilized.

And PS what I do for a living is not to be debated or argued about, I don't say anything about your vocation, so leave mine out of it, I was asked a question and I told the truth, as far as I am concerned it is a dead subject not be revisited, any revisitation will be met with utter silence and lack of acknowledgement. Any issues with this, all I can say is oh well, your problem not mine.

Comment

I guess the reason I will no longer debate anything is for a few reasons that I have seen first hand.
        That implies you did in the first place.

1. No matter what proof, evidence or whatever, you don't accept it as the truth even if it is published and agreed on world wide
        You wouldn't know.

2. You bring the debates to a personal level hoping to get a reaction from whom ever you single out. And honestly, I have no intentions of feeding into your ego or whatever you call it, and this also goes for anyone else who wants to try it.
        Incorrect, you bring the debates to a personal level when you tell people they are unequipped to debate you because they have no PhDs. Shock horror, someone called your bluff and, worse, insulted you back.

And honestly, I have no intentions of feeding into your ego or whatever you call it,
        Yes you do, every time you run away you flatter my ego because we both know you'll lose a confrontation just as we both know you don't have those PhDs nor any kind of physics education (being a proponent of toxic pseudoscience gives it away).

I am 31 years old, I do NOT have time for this childish bullcrap.
        You seemed to have time before you were stripped of your credibility.

So instead of pissing people off and making possible enemies that I am sure you don't care about, why don't we just discuss in a peaceful way, cause any other way is just uncivilized.
        Good thought, why ever didn't I think of that? Wait a tick, I did. I've been trying to have a debate about the empirical contant of your posts for almost a page now but you keep diverting the attention back to yourself!

Good heavens, the truth just hit me like a bolt of lightning; you're a troll. Yours is classic trolling behaviour mingled with blowhard and a bit of ego.

The one way to deal with a troll is not to feed him and hope he'll go find a bridge to live under. You can keep all your thoughts to yourself unless you plan to respond on topic.
        Last edited by Lord §okar; 08 August 2005, 09:10 PM.
        Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

HEY! No personal attacks, please edit your post to comply with forum rules.

Owen Macri

Comment

The post of his that started this mess was a putrid personal attack, where were you then? Praising him, that's where.
            Last edited by Lord §okar; 08 August 2005, 09:11 PM.
            Lord §okar, Niles, Mark VI, etc: Dom Howard fan

Tama, Bosphorus, Istanbul Mehmet, Sabian, Zildjian and Remo

Comment

I am talking to both of you, allthough jaden10s' post does not seemingly insult you in any way shape or form if I have missed something please correct me. As for where I was, I only entered the thread after you had posted too. Now please edit your posts to comply with forum rules.

Owen Macri

Comment

Let's all take a time-out folks -- I suggest you take a break and visit the FAQ. If you can't obey forum rules about treatment to your fellow forum members then perhaps you shouldn't be here. There are plenty of other places on the Web where you can mistreat someone.

Comment

Since David's last post there have been nine posts, all OT, all continuing the bickering. I've just discovered a way to delete multiple posts in the time it takes to delete a single one so I'm in a much better mood than I'd expected to be after so many deletions

But the thread is closed as it seems that no one wants to use it for its original purpose.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
                  X