This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JessM View Post
    Thanks. I'm a pretty sensitive person and sometimes take things very personally, so even if people weren't talking solely to me, I assumed I was one of the people they meant. My goal wasn't to tarnish Michael's character or anything, just express some disappointment over something I thought I gathered from the interview. I'm really sorry for creating this whole mess.
    Hi, Jess. I know that I made some comments regarding comments about MS' interview; as I told one of the mods, it was on the heels of comments about BB (Bridges') interview and ALSO in response to some conversation about an old interview by AT regarding MS' leaving the show way back when (as in, before I started watching!).

Now...that sounds a bit involved. One thing about fan forums is that there's rarely a lack of opinion and, really, who in most of our real lives is gonna take time to discuss this stuff the way people do here?

Anyway, I wanted to say that I'm sorry that my words may have caused you grief or offense because that really wasn't my intention. I just wanted to put my two cents out there primarily because I enjoy reading the actors' interviews, for better or for worse. This may be crazy, but I'd rather hear them just talking off the top of their heads than some scripted, publicist driven stuff that might be more tactful but that's usually less interesting.

Regarding MS' love for Claudia...but, but, but...what about Ben and HIS love for Claudia? Hee. That is a joke, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
      It somes ways, it is similar to comments recently made by AT and David Hewlett about each other---how much they love working together and respect each other. MS and CB compliment one another, and so do AT and DH. I can see why because both pairs enjoy acting with each other and they all like their character interaction.
      That's actually the first thing I thought when I saw some people wondering about that. I don't think AT talking about DH means she cares less about MS, RDA, or CJ just as I don't think MS talking about CB means he cares less about AT, CJ, or RDA. (I'd even add that CB still seemingly cares just as much still about BB though I never watched Farscape but I'm just saying that based on what others have said about their relationship.) The issue I think comes more from the interviewers' questions rather than the actors themselves. I've remembered quite a few interviews in the past where the interview specifically would ask MS about his views on Jack/Daniel and RDA where MS would talk about how much he loved that as well. The questions are very pointed in that respect. Had the interviewer asked MS about all of his co-workers in that question rather than just CB, then I could easily see him talking warmly about all of them too. It's just that the interviewer directly asked him about CB because the show really has concentrated more on Daniel and Vala's relationship lately. Just as with your example, interviewers have tended to ask AT about working with DH a lot lately and she'll talk excitedly about him.

The thing is, after 8 years of playing the same characters, of course bringing in new cast members is going to revitalize all of them when it comes to working on the show. It's something different for them to explore and play with as actors which MS actually mentions in the other new interview I believe. I remember on one of the S9 commentaries, TPTB said that the SG-1 actors were feeling a bit restless when watching all the things the Atlantis actors got to do because it was something new and I think they were becoming a bit drained after 8 years at that time. I think besides RDA leaving that this may have been another reason why TPTB changed up the show. However, for those of us who haven't been all that happy about the changes, the problem is that what is fun for the actors to film doesn't necessarily mean it works for the audience (even if it does for some because obviously there are others that love this new direction).

I actually had to laugh though when some people were talking about their parents forgetting their names because my mom is the exact same way. I have four brothers and she's constantly either calling us by each other's names or else she'll start snapping her fingers at me until I finally say my own name.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkDesire View Post
        I actually had to laugh though when some people were talking about their parents forgetting their names because my mom is the exact same way. I have four brothers and she's constantly either calling us by each other's names or else she'll start snapping her fingers at me until I finally say my own name.
        "Hey, you over there!"

Thankfully, my mum hasn't reached that stage. Yet.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I call my sons each others' names, and regularly ask them 'which one are you?'. Fortunately they tend to remember their own names.

Madeleine

Comment

Working...
          X