This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler:
    The second movie starts shooting June 1. Executive producer Brad Wright will write the second film, with Martin Wood directing. That story is a time travel story taking SG-1 to the past. "[It] has something to do with our main mustache twiddling villain Baal [Cliff Simon] doing something in the past," Shanks said. "He basically finds a way to lift the Stargate from Earth so the Stargate Program never happens, and I imagine the characters will have to go through some process to reset the clock and fix everything."

These guys really do have utter contempt for the intelligence of their audience these days, don't they? After S10 stumbling around repeating the basic theme of S7, they come up with this as their exciting new project? And hope we don't notice it just a reheat of Moebius? I'm just amazed this show still has the amount of fans it has the way TPTB keep dumping on them this way.

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by EmmaPeel View Post
      Yes, I think it's nice for him as well; good that CB has invigorated his acting. It must be nice to find this in another actor after so many years of playing the same part. I just honestly get a bit tired of hearing him saying it repeatedly in every interview. Enough already sometimes, ya know?
      Nope, it's not enough. Plus, Claudia is praising Michael in her every interview, too

BTW, Micheal just answered the question, which was: "IGN TV: As a fan, one of the biggest joys of the past two seasons are seeing your interactions and scenes with Vala. What has it been like working with Claudia Black in so many popular scenes?"

And he gave the answer which made me and the legion of Claudia's fans more than happy and made me love MS even more now. What kind of answer do you expect for such a question? "Next question, please", perhaps?
      Last edited by Farscapefan; 22 December 2006, 08:12 AM.
      T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
        Exactly! Excellent post, well said.
        I'm glad you think so

Maybe you'd like to edit your words about Ms Tapping in the light of it? It's just as unpleasant for most of us to read unkind things said about her as it is to see unkindness directed at Mr Shanks; and the way to deal with it is *not* to attack another actor or PTB.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
          Nope, it's not enough. Plus, Claudia is praising Michael in her every interview, too
          Yes, all who read these interviews are aware of that.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
            Okay - let me say that I am sorry I ever made such a comment regarding this interview. It seems clear to me now that a lot of you think I'm an idiot for reading too much into what he said or saw things that weren't there.

However, I really need to address a few things. I do NOT hate MS and find fault with everything he does. On the contrary I am a fan of his (if you don't believe me, check out the Daniel/MS Thunk Thread where I spend a great deal of my time at this forum). No, I don't like *every*thing about him, but I don't out and out hate him.

His comment did strike me funny at first because I took it seriously and thought that, even if it was supposed to be a joke, it was done on purpose to sort of get across any dislike of the character (especially from the way he referred to her as "Carter"). I see now that I am apparently wrong in my assumption and I was jumping to conclusions.

I don't care if he likes one actress over the other, that's his prerogative. If anything I was disappointed because he and AT always seemed to be rather close (Director's Series for Revisions, AT's "Beyond the Gate", and their joint appearance at the Grand Slam con two years ago) and I guess I wrongfully came to the conclusion that they weren't friends (or at least good friends) anymore.

I guess I should have expressed that up front. Instead I came across as a real idiot. I'm sorry I caused so much trouble.
            Firstly can I say you are not an idiot Jess; and no trouble caused.

Secondly; Michael had no clue what the names of the two carter eps were because he never got scripts for them; at TT20 he did guess Line In Sand but didn't know what the other one was because he was not given a script.

Thirdly I think its hard for us to say how good of friends Michael and Amanda are cause as far as I can tell we are not around them 24/7; so whether or not they hang out who knows; to me I think the fact that they spent the last day on the set together and went up to look at the stargate speaks volumes of what Amanda, CJ and Michael have been thru on the series and they tell you they have been thru alot in the 10 years on it. So guessing they have to have a strong bond there.

Fourthly; Michael likes working with Claudia nothing wrong with that; I like the chemistry I see when those two are together. I mean at the beginning when the Science twins got together it was fun to watch but now its fun to watch him acting off Claudia but that is my opinion.

You had concerns about what you read in an interview you had a right to talk about it. Me I took him pretending not to know Carters name as a 'brain fart'
            Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
              His son's name is Samuel.
              well, he's not going to name his boy--Samantha.

For God's askes, why is it that when ever this poor guys makes a statement he get's picked to death on every thing he says? Weather he blanked on a name--was kidding--or they just edited it poorly this guy gets ragged to death.

If CJ had been talking about MS and said, "What's his name" and laughed, it would be taken as a joke hands down. If he was talking about CB, it would taken as a joke. Honestly, give the guy a break and stop taking everything you read as pure fact.
              Last edited by Jackie; 22 December 2006, 01:05 PM.
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Suebsg9 View Post
                Firstly can I say you are not an idiot Jess; and no trouble caused.

Secondly; Michael had no clue what the names of the two carter eps were because he never got scripts for them; at TT20 he did guess Line In Sand but didn't know what the other one was because he was not given a script.

Thirdly I think its hard for us to say how good of friends Michael and Amanda are cause as far as I can tell we are not around them 24/7; so whether or not they hang out who knows; to me I think the fact that they spent the last day on the set together and went up to look at the stargate speaks volumes of what Amanda, CJ and Michael have been thru on the series and they tell you they have been thru alot in the 10 years on it. So guessing they have to have a strong bond there.

Fourthly; Michael likes working with Claudia nothing wrong with that; I like the chemistry I see when those two are together. I mean at the beginning when the Science twins got together it was fun to watch but now its fun to watch him acting off Claudia but that is my opinion.

You had concerns about what you read in an interview you had a right to talk about it. Me I took him pretending not to know Carters name as a 'brain fart'

It somes ways, it is similar to comments recently made by AT and David Hewlett about each other---how much they love working together and respect each other. MS and CB compliment one another, and so do AT and DH. I can see why because both pairs enjoy acting with each other and they all like their character interaction.

I actually miss the science twins interaction, actually. I feel that season 9 and 10 are missing something precisely because Sam, Teal'c and Daniel don't get to interact that much in any meaningful way, from my perspective. Oh well. Still looks like the potential for some good episodes coming up in the second half for Sam and for Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
                  It somes ways, it is similar to comments recently made by AT and David Hewlett about each other---how much they love working together and respect each other. MS and CB compliment one another, and so do AT and DH. I can see why because both pairs enjoy acting with each other and they all like their character interaction.

I actually miss the science twins interaction, actually. I feel that season 9 and 10 are missing something precisely because Sam, Teal'c and Daniel don't get to interact that much in any meaningful way, from my perspective. Oh well. Still looks like the potential for some good episodes coming up in the second half for Sam and for Daniel.
                  You can tell on screen the actors that click well together; I mean took them long enough to actually start putting CJ and Michael aka Tealc and Daniel in scenes and when they did it was fun to watch. And Michael has been going on about Claudia since they did Prometheus Unbound. So him commenting the way he did isn't a surprize he has been saying that since that eps; the ones in S9 she did and now acting again with her in S10. And yep thats why the earlier eps are fun to watch cause you get to see the Science Twins together. And to me the earlier seasons will be classics cause the original SG1 team are in those.
                  Sue

sigpic

Our Stargate Forum ~Michael Shanks List ~Michael Shanks Online

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm glad you didn't think I caused any trouble... well, most of you that is....

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                    For God's askes, why is it that when ever this poor guys makes a statement he get's picked to death on every thing he says? Weather he blanked on a name--was kidding--or they just edited it poorly this guy gets ragged to death.

If CJ had been talking about MS and said, "What's his name" and laughed, it would be taken as a joke hands down. If he was talking about CB, it would taken as a joke. Honestly, give the guy a break and stop taking everything you read as pure fact.
                    I would laugh if CJ was talking about MS because I know how these guys interact and how they goof around on each other. I didn't know he could be like this when speaking of AT as well but apparently, from what you're saying, he can be, so ...... what else can I say but mea culpa.

I really wish some people would stop crucifying me for this. I said I was sorry for jumping to conclusions, didn't I?

And, speaking of which, Madeleine, I really hope you are not referring to me when you said this: speculate unkindly about personal matters such as actors' relationships with each other.

Let me say again that I did NOT intend to be "unkind" in what I said. I did not mean to make it sound like I was saying "Michael Shanks is a very, very bad man who is saying horrible things about his costars and thus no longer likes them." I was merely speculating about what I thought he was saying there. I was looking for something that probably was not there and saying I was disappointed because from what I've seen lately he and AT don't seem as close anymore -- and that was a SIMPLE OBSERVATION.

Why am I still getting raked over coals for this? I made a mistake and I apologized. It's done and I really want to move on, not have more people tell me what a horrible person I am (and I'm already prone to low self-esteem every so often). Can't we just leave it at that??
                    Last edited by JessM; 22 December 2006, 03:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                      No pet, that's not how it works: if people defend Actor X with one hand and attack Actor Y with the other, you don't rush to attack X. You simply point out their extreme double standards, defend Y as far as poss, and maybe make a pointed comment about how these things can escalate. (Because you and I both know that escalation happens, if allowed.) You do NOT threaten to do the escalating yourself. It's bad enough when there are 'fandom wars' without people deliberately puffing them up.

Slurs on Amanda (ANY actor) are unwelcome. If you see them, either defend her (him) on the situation's own merit - if you feel able - or report them to a mod. Don't play the "I can diss better than you" game.

Cheers

yes, pet, i mean madeleine.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                        So have I and I have also seen both MS and AT together at conventions and trust me Michael regards AT as a very close friend and I am sure he would never say or do anything to hurt or upset her.
                        then i'm VERY glad to hear this.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

About the time travel movie. He did say that he heard about in September. Its been three months since he heard anything about it, so it could have changed.
                          ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
                            I really wish some people would stop crucifying me for this. I said I was sorry for jumping to conclusions, didn't I?
                            Who's crucifying you? Not one person has responded to you since your apology with anything but affirmation.

And, speaking of which, Madeleine, I really hope you are not referring to me when you said this: speculate unkindly about personal matters such as actors' relationships with each other.
                            No, as I had only just got to the post I was replying to when I replied, and yours came after, I did not have you in mind when I wrote that. I was speaking very generally, not even just about this thread, as you can gather from the way my post refers to virtually every other actor and PTB when this thread is about MS... though certain posts (some now deleted) in this thread from a few people do rather prove my point.

Why am I still getting raked over coals for this?
                            I dunno. I'd have to know who's raking you first. Are people PMing you or dinging you?

I made a mistake and I apologized. It's done and I really want to move on, not have more people tell me what a horrible person I am (and I'm already prone to low self-esteem every so often). Can't we just leave it at that??
                            I've scanned and scanned the replies to you and I can't see anyone telling you you're horrible. I'm sure you're not. Unless you think Jackie's post that you quoted was ragging on you - but she hadn't quoted you or referred to you, and again it was clear she was referring to more than one person, which means that at the very least you surely wouldn't see it as a pointed comment directed to you.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe (maybe being a vague and highly conditional word) you started something... but maybe someone else would have started it if you hadn't and no way did you force anyone to pick up on it and add to it. You apologised and retracted things, but other people (plural) have said more or worse things than you without apologising or deleting, even when prompted explicitly to edit a post. The fact that people defend Michael is a measure of how strongly they feel that any person who has been criticised or attacked deserves a defence, not of any sort of ire they feel for you.

(ETA - to anyone who's wondering why their post went missing, it was either a slur on the actors, a slur on fans, or a response to (or response to response to) such a post; or it was way off topic. Since there are newbies in the thread, at least one of whom has lost a post in this way I ought to point out that if you respond to a skein of the conversation that skirts the rules, you're liable to lose your post even if *your* post was legit, and even if your post was a stout and decent rebuttal of the slur. Beyond your post being removed, there will be no fall-out or comeback on you and it doesn't make you a Marked Poster or anything; it's just done to clean up someone else's mess.)
                            Last edited by Madeleine; 22 December 2006, 08:10 PM.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
                              this buzz kill they had to announce to the crew as well; they didn't find out until the actual "200" episode party
                              I have a feeling the same thing happenned to Angel. The cast and crew found out about the cancellation at the 100th ep party. I know there's no good tiime to get bad news, but I do feel extra sorry for them finding out at the 200th ep party.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                Who's crucifying you? Not one person has responded to you since your apology with anything but affirmation.
                                I know that people did (respond with affirmation that is) and I appreciate that, but another person then complained about Michael's statements getting picked to death. I know more than one person had been doing it, but I thought I was included there since I had first started the whole discussion.

No, as I had only just got to the post I was replying to when I replied, and yours came after, I did not have you in mind when I wrote that. I was speaking very generally, not even just about this thread, as you can gather from the way my post refers to virtually every other actor and PTB when this thread is about MS... though certain posts (some now deleted) in this thread from a few people do rather prove my point.
                                I'm sorry if I misunderstood... I did gather you were speaking generally, and I know that your post was before mine, but again I thought that my post that started this whole thing was included in that and it made me feel bad. I realize now it's not the case and I'm sorry about that.

I dunno. I'd have to know who's raking you first. Are people PMing you or dinging you?

I've scanned and scanned the replies to you and I can't see anyone telling you you're horrible. I'm sure you're not. Unless you think Jackie's post that you quoted was ragging on you - but she hadn't quoted you or referred to you, and again it was clear she was referring to more than one person, which means that at the very least you surely wouldn't see it as a pointed comment directed to you.
                                No one's been PMing me with anything bad, and yeah I was referring to Jackie's post. I know she was speaking to more than one person, but I thought she was including me. Jackie if you weren't then I'm sorry - and if you were... well I'm still sorry for starting this whole thing.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe (maybe being a vague and highly conditional word) you started something... but maybe someone else would have started it if you hadn't and no way did you force anyone to pick up on it and add to it. You apologised and retracted things, but other people (plural) have said more or worse things than you without apologising or deleting, even when prompted explicitly to edit a post. The fact that people defend Michael is a measure of how strongly they feel that any person who has been criticised or attacked deserves a defence, not of any sort of ire they feel for you.

(ETA - to anyone who's wondering why their post went missing, it was either a slur on the actors, a slur on fans, or a response to (or response to response to) such a post; or it was way off topic. Since there are newbies in the thread, at least one of whom has lost a post in this way I ought to point out that if you respond to a skein of the conversation that skirts the rules, you're liable to lose your post even if *your* post was legit, and even if your post was a stout and decent rebuttal of the slur. Beyond your post being removed, there will be no fall-out or comeback on you and it doesn't make you a Marked Poster or anything; it's just done to clean up someone else's mess.)
                                Thanks. I'm a pretty sensitive person and sometimes take things very personally, so even if people weren't talking solely to me, I assumed I was one of the people they meant. My goal wasn't to tarnish Michael's character or anything, just express some disappointment over something I thought I gathered from the interview. I'm really sorry for creating this whole mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X