This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
    You never realize how low of a blow scifi's cancelation was until you read this:

Shanks: Again, piss poor timing on the part of SCI FI Channel for doing that just when we are celebrating with the fans this milestone episode, this buzz kill they had to announce to the crew as well; they didn't find out until the actual "200" episode party; everyone was dressed to the nines and the head of MGM comes on stage and goes, "So…we are done." Oh, there is a buzz kill. Pass the liquor. (laughs)

the rest of the story is here http://tv.ign.com/articles/751/751455p1.html
    Oh the humanity!

Comment

you have to truely have no heart to do something like that.
      Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

Yeah that was not cool
        ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

you have to truely have no heart to do something like that.
          Well, the heads of Sci-Fi don't. So, that wasn't a problem for them.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Second movie does sound a lot like Moebius. Guess we're going to have to wait and see what it's actually going to involve in detail...

Interesting interview, and I hate the way they found out about the cancellation ... disgusting timing on SciFi's part.

Is it me or does he not seem to think very highly of "Carter"? He's worked with the actress almost 10 years now and has trouble remembering the character's name??

Guess it's possible that's a joke but doesn't sound like a very good one to me.

(I mean no offense to Michael though )

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              Second movie does sound a lot like Moebius. Guess we're going to have to wait and see what it's actually going to involve in detail...

Interesting interview, and I hate the way they found out about the cancellation ... disgusting timing on SciFi's part.

Is it me or does he not seem to think very highly of "Carter"? He's worked with the actress almost 10 years now and has trouble remembering the character's name??

Guess it's possible that's a joke but doesn't sound like a very good one to me.

(I mean no offense to Michael though )
              It sounded like he was joking to me. You know--when you work with someone 16 hours a day for 10 years you pretty much know them. It may have been an inside joke. But it didn't sound like he didn't like Sam to me. (He did name is boy Sam--i wonder if that's related to the joke)
              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Its probably just a joke, but you never know.
                ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave04 View Post
                  Its probably just a joke, but you never know.
                  I think it was a joke, he made a similar joke on the inside the 200th ep special regarding the crew, from what I can tell he has that kind of sense of humor.

Comment

I guess it could have been a joke... and I guess there's also the fact that he was taking time off when they filmed that ep.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                      (He did name is boy Sam--i wonder if that's related to the joke)
                      He did Cool
                      Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Come on guys, OF COURSE it's a joke. I can't believe you guys are actually thinking otherwise.

And on that note, I just like to add that, even if it wasn't a joke, it's not out of the question for someone to just forget a name like *that*. It's happened to me hundreds of times.

Comment

You never realize how low of a blow scifi's cancelation was until you read this:

Shanks: Again, piss poor timing on the part of SCI FI Channel for doing that just when we are celebrating with the fans this milestone episode, this buzz kill they had to announce to the crew as well; they didn't find out until the actual "200" episode party; everyone was dressed to the nines and the head of MGM comes on stage and goes, "So…we are done." Oh, there is a buzz kill. Pass the liquor. (laughs)

the rest of the story is here http://tv.ign.com/articles/751/751455p1.html
                          This makes me sad. They couldn't have waited like a week.

Time travel though . . . Not so horrible. Could be worse. And Ba'al cool so . . . yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Come on guys, OF COURSE it's a joke. I can't believe you guys are actually thinking otherwise.

And on that note, I just like to add that, even if it wasn't a joke, it's not out of the question for someone to just forget a name like *that*. It's happened to me hundreds of times.
                            /sarcasm on

Oh Im sure there is deep seeded hatred between Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping.

/sarcasm off

I'm not going to judge the 2nd movie until we get more details, doesn't sound like he knew a lot either. September was a while back, and a lot can change in 4 months.

Ba'al is a good thing though.
                            I'm proud to be an American.

"...and those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made unto dust."

Comment

Shanks: Again, piss poor timing on the part of SCI FI Channel for doing that just when we are celebrating with the fans this milestone episode, this buzz kill they had to announce to the crew as well; they didn't find out until the actual "200" episode party;
                              Sound familiar?

Wonder if someone's thrown a "We Don't Work For Sci-Fi Anymore" party.

Comment

Hey, SG1 movie 2 is a homage to Star Trek First Contact. (Borg go back in time to attempt to assimilate Earth)
                                Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                                X