X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
    maybe.

it is a skill.

Let's say you stayed out too late last night and partied...but successfully made it home and in bed without the parentals noticing that you broke curfew.

ok, two days later...if you want them to continue to not realize that you broke the rules, dont' talk about what Bess Parker did at that party. or don't complain about your headache or don't bring it up at all.

If you don't bring it up, then y ou won't be asked questions that might lead to you saying something that incriminates you.

He, unfortunately, lacks that skill to steer the conversation around the hot topics, then to phrase things in a less negative manner, and it usually comes back to bite him in the tush.

I can't think of a single interview he's given where he hasn't stepped on somenoe's toes somehow, which is really too bad for him because i'm sure it's something that's been an issue now and again.
    Do you have the wood and the nails ready?
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
      His son's name is Samuel.
      Yes and he made it quite clear that they don't want him called Sam, always Samuel, well it is a nice name.
      sigpic

Comment

This might make me sound like a jerk but none-the-less I will speak my mind.

THE IDEA FOR THE SECOND MOVIE IS TERRIBLE, PERIOD.

I just can't believe they're trying to sell us this crappy sci-fi cliche. First of all, this may be last chapter in the book about this team and they want to undermine and cheapen everything they and we went through. That's what Moebius did and that's why I didn't like it. Unless they come up with a ground-breaking time travel story that would make Isaac Asimov, Frank Herbert and Gene Roddenberry rise from their graves and whistle in unison the Stargate theme, I say don't do it.

There are so many threads they could go back to, for example Aschen as some you have mentioned that would be much better to go back to than this. Here's their chance to do it. PTPB seemed to be gun shy on this one and if this is the way they want to do it I'd rather just have a 4 hour miniseries to wrap up the Ori storyline.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
          Me thinks that a lot of people are reading far too much into comments made by the actors and looking for hidden agendas that just aren't there. Heck, I've worked with people for years and have forgotten their names.
          Me thinks you're right. If you read any of the actors interviews and pick them apart word for word you are sure to find something that doesn't sound quite right. It was a tiny little jokey comment, some people just don't like MS and would find fault if he recited the sermon on the mount!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
            Maybe it's a Canadian thing.
            Hey!

Originally posted by Farscapefan View Post
            His son's name is Samuel.
            Yes and he made it quite clear that they don't want him called Sam, always Samuel, well it is a nice name.
            Yes it's a nice name.
            Last edited by angelfire east; 21 December 2006, 01:56 PM.
            Ben Browder on who'd win a fight, Mitchell or Critchon..."Cameron would have the upper hand until Aeryn kicked his ass."

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Me thinks that a lot of people are reading far too much into comments made by the actors and looking for hidden agendas that just aren't there. Heck, I've worked with people for years and have forgotten their names.
              Amen.

I've looked right at my son before and called him my *daughter's* name. Come on.

People seem to have a raging fit when their own favorite is picked apart, but have no problem picking apart someone else. Wouldn't it be nice we gave the benefit of the doubt to all of them and left fandom politics out of it? I'm just saying...
              Last edited by Jace021903; 21 December 2006, 01:58 PM.
              Jace

When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people.

Abraham Joshua Heschel

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                Oh for goodness sake, it says 'laughs' right after the comment. Of course he didn't forget her name, it was a little jokey thing. If anyone suffers from foot in mouth disease it's AT, I 'm surprised she can get any words out in some of her interviews at all with all those toes in the way! Who can forget her distasteful comments about MS when he left the show in season six. Not said in jest either. Michael knows how to deal with the media just fine, with honesty and a refreshing openess some others would do well to emulate.
                ...How are AT's comments connected to all of this?..

Ah, well. As for the second movie, as no one's actualyl seen the script, I shall remain optimistically sceptical. It doesn't have to be Moebius, part 3 (although I admit it, the idea sound suspiciously familiar).
                Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                Yes, I am!
                sigpic
                Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                  Huh. My mum does that all the time. Whenever she wants to call me or one of my sisters by name, she always ends up going through the other two names before hitting the right one.
                  Hehe, my dad is the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
                    ...How are AT's comments connected to all of this?..

Ah, well. As for the second movie, as no one's actualyl seen the script, I shall remain optimistically sceptical. It doesn't have to be Moebius, part 3 (although I admit it, the idea sound suspiciously familiar).

I was posting about how people read different comments from different actors, how they put thier own slant on things.

I too am more than a little suspicious that the second movie will be nothing more than a homage to Moebius. These people do seem to lack originality.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was posting about how people read different comments from different actors, how they put thier own slant on things.
                      Well, didn't read that way. Nevermind.

I too am more than a little suspicious that the second movie will be nothing more than a homage to Moebius. These people do seem to lack originality.
                      actually, no I don't think they lack originality . I said was optimistically suspicious. They could pull it off. Hopefully, they would.
                      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                      Yes, I am!
                      sigpic
                      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Oh for goodness sake, it says 'laughs' right after the comment. Of course he didn't forget her name, it was a little jokey thing. If anyone suffers from foot in mouth disease it's AT, I 'm surprised she can get any words out in some of her interviews at all with all those toes in the way! Who can forget her distasteful comments about MS when he left the show in season six. Not said in jest either. Michael knows how to deal with the media just fine, with honesty and a refreshing openess some others would do well to emulate.
                        please don't turn this into an AT vrs MS debate. we both have our preferred ppl, and we both will fight for them to our dying breaths. WE are the ones with issues, whereas we really, honestly don't know about amanda or michael's feelings for one another.

i, for one, picked up something i didn't like in the interview, but it's nothing new and it's 'only' my interpretation. but if you continue down the slam amanda path, i will fight back as well. do you really want to hear crap about michael?

back to what was said in the interview: i hope the second movie (the time travel one) will erase everything i don't like about the show. that's season 9 and 10 and all the new changes.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

you do know how you're making that sound, right?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

lack originality and depth. they used to be able to do this, but i think they just don't care anymore about being perfectionists.

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                              He, unfortunately, lacks that skill to steer the conversation around the hot topics, then to phrase things in a less negative manner, and it usually comes back to bite him in the tush.
                              I think it's really reaching to say he lacks the skill, and we have no idea whether he's had "training" in talking to the media. Maybe he just decided long ago not to spew out bull***t to people and rather to face things as head-on and honestly as he can and live with the consequences. As a reader, I sure prefer that to "everything is beautiful and we all love each other" pablum.

As to whether a few fans here thinking there was some nefarious purpose in his forgetting Carter's name counts as biting him on the tush... I'm sure he couldn't care less, if he even knew about it. By the way, I remember seeing a behind-the-scenes clip or something in which RDA could not remember Carter's name in the middle of a scene! So I think a small lapse by Michael while he's talking a mile a minute about 10 different subjects is understandable and not some negative statement.

As to whether he likes working with Claudia more than others in the cast, so what if he does? He makes it clear she brought something he really needed to recharge his enthusiasm. Is Chris Judge supposed to be angry or hurt by MS saying that, even though they are best friends? I'm pretty sure CJ and AT know where they stand with Michael.

I find it very strange that while our own real-life relationships are often complex and textured, we don't give the same benefit to celebrities and have to always look for a black-or-white answer on everything.

I thought it was a fun interview, anyway. Cliff Simon said at the Burbank con that he would be in the time travel movie, so Michael was not spoiling anything that wasn't already public.

Comment

Originally posted by DeltaFlyer View Post
                                I think it was a joke, he made a similar joke on the inside the 200th ep special regarding the crew, from what I can tell he has that kind of sense of humor.
                                Yeah I know it a joke. they do say scarcasm doesn't translate well over text. lol
                                ---Shockwave04----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                                X