X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dromag67 View Post
    /sarcasm on

Oh Im sure there is deep seeded hatred between Michael Shanks and Amanda Tapping.

/sarcasm off

No one ever said anything about hatred. However it does seem that he holds Claudia Black in a higher regard than Amanda Tapping - at least that's what I've gathered from the interview and others before it. And I'm not faulting him for it - he can think however he wants to, but that is just what I gathered through reading various interviews.

Comment

cant wait for 1st movie,

2nd movie, well... love time travel.. would love it to be about the four race alliance.
      very VERY dissappointed its about baal.

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        I guess it could have been a joke... and I guess there's also the fact that he was taking time off when they filmed that ep.
        I don't think it's a joke--I think it's honestly one of those "senior" moments. You know how details like people's names escape you every now and again.

I remember my mother snapping her fingers, pointing at me, and saying "you...you..." before she went through a litany of names to remember mine. LOL!

Originally posted by JessM View Post
        No one ever said anything about hatred. However it does seem that he holds Claudia Black in a higher regard than Amanda Tapping - at least that's what I've gathered from the interview and others before it. And I'm not faulting him for it - he can think however he wants to, but that is just what I gathered through reading various interviews.
        Sometimes you click better with some people than others. AT, for her part, seems to hold RDA in higher esteem, as in she seems closer to him, than she does MS. And, Claudia aside, it seems to me that MS and Chris Judge seem to get on quite well. It's possible too that CB works differently than AT does and that has taught him something, or brought a different set of cards to the table for him.

FWIW, Ben Browder, working very closely with Claudia Black, used to talk the most about her and vice versa, because they were in almost every scene together and were each other's onscreen love interest. That same thing might also be going on here, given that Daniel and Vala are constantly paired up, whether it's romantic or not.

Comment

Michael seems to suffer from terminal foot in mouth disease and doesn't seem to realize that, what i can only guess he means as a joke, can be interpreted and seen quite differently.

He could probably benefit from a class they teach some of our people here, how to talk to and deal with the media. Cause he doesn't seem to be very skilled in that area.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            Michael seems to suffer from terminal foot in mouth disease and doesn't seem to realize that, what i can only guess he means as a joke, can be interpreted and seen quite differently.

He could probably benefit from a class they teach some of our people here, how to talk to and deal with the media. Cause he doesn't seem to be very skilled in that area.
            Maybe it's a Canadian thing.

Comment

maybe.

it is a skill.

Let's say you stayed out too late last night and partied...but successfully made it home and in bed without the parentals noticing that you broke curfew.

ok, two days later...if you want them to continue to not realize that you broke the rules, dont' talk about what Bess Parker did at that party. or don't complain about your headache or don't bring it up at all.

If you don't bring it up, then y ou won't be asked questions that might lead to you saying something that incriminates you.

He, unfortunately, lacks that skill to steer the conversation around the hot topics, then to phrase things in a less negative manner, and it usually comes back to bite him in the tush.

I can't think of a single interview he's given where he hasn't stepped on somenoe's toes somehow, which is really too bad for him because i'm sure it's something that's been an issue now and again.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Me thinks that a lot of people are reading far too much into comments made by the actors and looking for hidden agendas that just aren't there. Heck, I've worked with people for years and have forgotten their names.

Comment

I know! For heaven's sake, hasn't everyone blanked on a name before? I can't possibly be the only one who's started to introduce a good friend to someone and ended up having to admit that I forgot their name. Or been talking to someone about a friend or family member and blanked on their name.

My aunt is famous for forgetting her own children's names and reeling off a list of random names until the real name pops into her head. We all laugh about it.

Sheesh -- if this had been a different interviewer, they would've just edited out MS's forgetfulness.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    Me thinks that a lot of people are reading far too much into comments made by the actors and looking for hidden agendas that just aren't there. Heck, I've worked with people for years and have forgotten their names.
                    I tend to agree with that. I forget co-workers' names, KIDS' names, sometimes. In this case he forgot the character's name, not the actress'.

Comment

maybe.

it is a skill.

Let's say you stayed out too late last night and partied...but successfully made it home and in bed without the parentals noticing that you broke curfew.

ok, two days later...if you want them to continue to not realize that you broke the rules, dont' talk about what Bess Parker did at that party. or don't complain about your headache or don't bring it up at all.

If you don't bring it up, then y ou won't be asked questions that might lead to you saying something that incriminates you.

He, unfortunately, lacks that skill to steer the conversation around the hot topics, then to phrase things in a less negative manner, and it usually comes back to bite him in the tush.

I can't think of a single interview he's given where he hasn't stepped on somenoe's toes somehow, which is really too bad for him because i'm sure it's something that's been an issue now and again.
                      Is it safe to say that MS stepped on Brad Wright's toes? After all, Brad said that the 2nd movie would be about time travel but didn't say who was in it.

Comment

Originally posted by angelfire east View Post
                        He did Cool
                        His son's name is Samuel.
                        T.S.G.D - The StarGate SG-1 Defenders

StargateSg1.com/Farscapefan1

Comment

I for one am really looking forward to seeing these two movies. As someone from the UK "non-Satellite/DVD-only" audience, I have yet to see any of Season 10. However, I am sure that the movies will be excellent, especially the first one.

While I admit that on reading the storyline for the 2nd movie, I too thought "Oh, that sounds like Moebius", I will still like it. If nothing else, I'm a major fan of Ba'al. If anyone should be in an SG-1 movie, it's him. Several years ago, when the rumours of an SG-1 movie first started floating around, I had hoped Apophis would be in it (this was back in the days when he was still around). So having Ba'al means the same thing to me.

Anyway, on the subject of the way that Sci-Fi broke the news of the show's cancellation, I totally agree that was a really awful way to do it. I'm someone who has also been on the receiving end of bad news at really happy times (usually involving me being made redundant!). So I could totally understand Michael Shanks and anyone else for feeling really peeved-off at this.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by esoap524 View Post
                            I remember my mother snapping her fingers, pointing at me, and saying "you...you..." before she went through a litany of names to remember mine. LOL!
                            Huh. My mum does that all the time. Whenever she wants to call me or one of my sisters by name, she always ends up going through the other two names before hitting the right one.

As for the foot in the mouth, there's being diplomatic and there's being a hypocrite. While MS did come out with some odd comments in the past, it does have the benefit of eliminating both options. Better, I think, than someone who'd lie about their true feelings for the media's sake.
                            Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                            Yes, I am!
                            sigpic
                            Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                            Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                            Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                              Is it safe to say that MS stepped on Brad Wright's toes? After all, Brad said that the 2nd movie would be about time travel but didn't say who was in it.
                              Don't see any stepping on toes in what Michael said. BW gave his interview to TV Guide, folks notorious for editing down text. They might have easily chosen not to post that information or maybe it wasn't polished up at that point.

Comment

Oh for goodness sake, it says 'laughs' right after the comment. Of course he didn't forget her name, it was a little jokey thing. If anyone suffers from foot in mouth disease it's AT, I 'm surprised she can get any words out in some of her interviews at all with all those toes in the way! Who can forget her distasteful comments about MS when he left the show in season six. Not said in jest either. Michael knows how to deal with the media just fine, with honesty and a refreshing openess some others would do well to emulate.
                                sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                                X