This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockwave04 View Post
    Yeah I know it a joke. they do say scarcasm doesn't translate well over text. lol
    i think *my* problem is that i've been in fandom too long, and have heard/know too much. i wish i didn't.

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Amazing that the DVD movies will start filming on April 15th-- that happens to be my birthday!

Comment

Okay - let me say that I am sorry I ever made such a comment regarding this interview. It seems clear to me now that a lot of you think I'm an idiot for reading too much into what he said or saw things that weren't there.

However, I really need to address a few things. I do NOT hate MS and find fault with everything he does. On the contrary I am a fan of his (if you don't believe me, check out the Daniel/MS Thunk Thread where I spend a great deal of my time at this forum). No, I don't like *every*thing about him, but I don't out and out hate him.

His comment did strike me funny at first because I took it seriously and thought that, even if it was supposed to be a joke, it was done on purpose to sort of get across any dislike of the character (especially from the way he referred to her as "Carter"). I see now that I am apparently wrong in my assumption and I was jumping to conclusions.

I don't care if he likes one actress over the other, that's his prerogative. If anything I was disappointed because he and AT always seemed to be rather close (Director's Series for Revisions, AT's "Beyond the Gate", and their joint appearance at the Grand Slam con two years ago) and I guess I wrongfully came to the conclusion that they weren't friends (or at least good friends) anymore.

I guess I should have expressed that up front. Instead I came across as a real idiot. I'm sorry I caused so much trouble.

Comment

I really hope that RDA is part of either of the two movies. Here's what I think the subtitle for each movies should be.

Stargate SG1: Sorry we invented the Ori
          Stargate SG1: Another Star Trek time travel movie

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
            Amazing that the DVD movies will start filming on April 15th-- that happens to be my birthday!
            That's cool. I'm just happy to know everyone is signed up for them both, and that we have official dates on filming now. I can't wait to see the SG-1 story continue on past this season.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JessM View Post
              I don't care if he likes one actress over the other, that's his prerogative. If anything I was disappointed because he and AT always seemed to be rather close (Director's Series for Revisions, AT's "Beyond the Gate", and their joint appearance at the Grand Slam con two years ago) and I guess I wrongfully came to the conclusion that they weren't friends (or at least good friends) anymore.

I guess I should have expressed that up front. Instead I came across as a real idiot. I'm sorry I caused so much trouble.
              Aww. For my part, I only objected to the generalization by others that he doesn't know how to talk to the media and that his honesty is somehow a shortcoming. Actually, I agree with you in that he and AT aren't as close friends as they once were. Not because of the Carter comment, which I think was a brain fade, but based on times when he might have mentioned her in response to questions and didn't... Just my speculation, however!

I think it's wonderful he found in CB an actress who made him feel so challenged and motivated. I treasure the people I've worked with for years, but I also love new blood coming in to get us out of our comfort zones and thinking in new directions.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                Aww. For my part, I only objected to the generalization by others that he doesn't know how to talk to the media and that his honesty is somehow a shortcoming. Actually, I agree with you in that he and AT aren't as close friends as they once were. Not because of the Carter comment, which I think was a brain fade, but based on times when he might have mentioned her in response to questions and didn't... Just my speculation, however!

<snip>
                I agree that was a brain fade. Happened to me today. I'v known this woman for years and ordered many things for her. And drew a complete blank. Though at that point the work Mom would have been a problem. Long week.

I noticed the omissions also. But won't go into it. It wouldn't end well.
                No need to make the mods jobs harder.

Suse
                sigpic
                Mourning Sanctuary.
                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Michael seems to suffer from terminal foot in mouth disease and doesn't seem to realize that, what i can only guess he means as a joke, can be interpreted and seen quite differently.
                  He also suffers, in common with virtually every other actor and PTB, from the tendency of certain people to gleefully assume the worst possible meaning behind anything that's said, to never give benefit of doubt, to snark about the teeniest of things and to speculate unkindly about personal matters such as actors' relationships with each other.

C'est la vie, welcome to fandom.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I can't think of a single interview he's given where he hasn't stepped on somenoe's toes somehow, which is really too bad for him because i'm sure it's something that's been an issue now and again.
                    Well of course it's an issue. People blow it up to the skies and make it an issue. I wonder if it would surprise you to learn that stuff like you're saying about MS gets said about AT, CJ, CB, BB, the other BB... everyone who ever gives interviews. Just by different crowds. It's an issue for everyone who gives interviews, because the vultures are always circling and waiting to descend. Different vultures go for different game, that's all.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      but if you continue down the slam amanda path, i will fight back as well. do you really want to hear crap about michael?
                      No pet, that's not how it works: if people defend Actor X with one hand and attack Actor Y with the other, you don't rush to attack X. You simply point out their extreme double standards, defend Y as far as poss, and maybe make a pointed comment about how these things can escalate. (Because you and I both know that escalation happens, if allowed.) You do NOT threaten to do the escalating yourself. It's bad enough when there are 'fandom wars' without people deliberately puffing them up.

Slurs on Amanda (ANY actor) are unwelcome. If you see them, either defend her (him) on the situation's own merit - if you feel able - or report them to a mod. Don't play the "I can diss better than you" game.

Cheers

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle05 View Post
                        I didn't see any "generalizations" that his honesty is somehow a shortcoming. I saw a few people commenting on his "honesty," saying they felt it wasn't always appropriate and he could be a bit more diplomatic; that *they* felt it was something on which he could improve. Just a general opinion on communicaton, I thought. No different, IMO, than someone saying they would *like* an actor to say what he/she really feels, as opposed to giving the party line.

I think it's wonderful he found in CB an actress who made him feel so challenged and motivated. I treasure the people I've worked with for years, but I also love new blood coming in to get us out of our comfort zones and thinking in new directions.
                        Yes, I think it's nice for him as well; good that CB has invigorated his acting. It must be nice to find this in another actor after so many years of playing the same part. I just honestly get a bit tired of hearing him saying it repeatedly in every interview. Enough already sometimes, ya know?

Comment

Okay - let me say that I am sorry I ever made such a comment regarding this interview. It seems clear to me now that a lot of you think I'm an idiot for reading too much into what he said or saw things that weren't there.

However, I really need to address a few things. I do NOT hate MS and find fault with everything he does. On the contrary I am a fan of his (if you don't believe me, check out the Daniel/MS Thunk Thread where I spend a great deal of my time at this forum). No, I don't like *every*thing about him, but I don't out and out hate him.

His comment did strike me funny at first because I took it seriously and thought that, even if it was supposed to be a joke, it was done on purpose to sort of get across any dislike of the character (especially from the way he referred to her as "Carter"). I see now that I am apparently wrong in my assumption and I was jumping to conclusions.

Speaking only for myself (aw heck...I'll speak for everyone)...you didn't come across as an idiot at all. You simply expressed an opinion and it caused no trouble at all.

No need to apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                            i think *my* problem is that i've been in fandom too long, and have heard/know too much. i wish i didn't.

sally
                            So have I and I have also seen both MS and AT together at conventions and trust me Michael regards AT as a very close friend and I am sure he would never say or do anything to hurt or upset her.
                            sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Don't worry about it, hon. Some people will find fault no matter what he says or does. It was a joke, lets just leave it at that. I am sure they are still the best of friends just like always.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W View Post
                                Well of course it's an issue. People blow it up to the skies and make it an issue. I wonder if it would surprise you to learn that stuff like you're saying about MS gets said about AT, CJ, CB, BB, the other BB... everyone who ever gives interviews. Just by different crowds. It's an issue for everyone who gives interviews, because the vultures are always circling and waiting to descend. Different vultures go for different game, that's all.

Exactly! Excellent post, well said.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X