• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ben Cotton (SGA)

http://www.denofgeek.com/Reviews/236...vd_review.html

Scar 3D DVD review
    Craig Snell

Craig settles back for a slasher pic that leaps out of the screen...
    Published on Apr 16, 2009

A few months ago, I had the pleasure of seeing My Bloody Valentine in 3D at my
    local cinema. Having not seen a 3D film at a cinema for a long time I looked
    forward to it and, to be honest, I wasn't disappointed. A few months prior to
    that, SCAR, which was also in 3D, came to the local multiplexes. Unfortunately,
    where I live we have only just had a 3D cinema open (thank you, Showcase!) so I
    never bothered to watch it seeing it was just a routine slasher movie and, going
    by advance word, not a good one. However, this morning SCAR landed on my door
    mat complete with a set of 3D glasses. I popped the disc into my player and sat
    back…

Joan keeps having flashbacks to when she survived Bishop. It's from there we get
    to see her back story and learn why she is so troubled. Bishop is played by an
    actor unknown to me called Ben Cotton. Cotton has appeared in a serious amount
    of TV including Battlestar Galactica, Bionic Woman and Stargate: Atlantis. He
    plays Bishop with a sadistic edge but towards the end of his appearance he comes
    across a bit too cartoony and not evil enough. Although I do like his hat. When
    the bodies start turning up, Joan is suspected of the killings.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Michael Shanks

http://www.scifitalk.com/profiles/bl...ks-gives-solid

Michael Shanks Gives Solid Support To Gail O'Grady In Living Out Loud
      Posted by Tony Tellado on April 17, 2009 at 11:00am
      View Tony Tellado's blog

I am always a bit apprehensive about tele-movies that deal with a husband or wife getting a serious disease. However Living Out Loud is about Breast Cancer, and this one hit home as a dear friend of mine is battling this terrible disease with a resolve similar to Gail O'Grady's character. Gail turns in a stellar performance as Emily Marshall, a music teacher who finds that she has breast cancer. Her character arc traces the disease and its treatment. She does a stand-up job and even gets to sing. She truly shows that she can do more than sit behind a desk like on NYPD Blue.

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

SG1 - Shanks - All Headline News: 'Living Out Loud':

At All Headline News:

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

Hallmark Channel Gives Free Mammograms And Movies For Moms In May

April 17, 2009

by Anthony Jones - Celebrity News Service Contributor

Miami, FL (CNS) - Hallmark Channel is giving viewers a whole week of mom-themed movies for Mother's Day, as well as a chance to give free mammograms to women around the world from their website. The free mammogram support is just a click away at the Hallmark Channel website, but Hallmark hopes to have viewers clicking to it everyday beginning May 2nd for "Mom-O-Rama" week, which includes the premiere of their latest original movie, "Living Out Loud."

"Living Out Loud" stars Gail O' Grady and Michael Shanks ("Stargate SG-1") in a film about a woman with dreams of being a singer who is diagnosed with breast cancer and the toll it takes on her family. The film has its world premiere on the channel on May 2nd.

... Sat, May 2 (9/8c) "Living Out Loud" starring Gail O'Grady and Michael Shanks ....

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
        SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
        Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Kevin Grevioux – STARGATE

http://www.superheroflix.com/news/NE0Bc224pXx526

excerpt:

To call Kevin Grevioux a fanboy or a comic-book geek would almost be an
          understatement. But to look at him, and especially hear him speak (his
          incredibly deep voice makes Barry White sound like he was kicked in the balls),
          you'd probably think more along the lines of linebacker than fanboy. Grevioux,
          whose personal comic book collection is said to be in excess of 10,000 issues,
          is most definitely a fanboy though, and he's been taking it to the next level on
          both the silver screen and on the comic book shelves.

Grevioux had toiled in smaller roles in films and television while writing his
          own screenplays. While working as an extra on Stargate, he met a young prop
          assistant named Len Wiseman….

REST AT LINK ABOVE

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

GAVIN HOOD

http://www.africamatata.com/index.ph...mid=91&lang=en

Gavin Hood the African Behind X-Men Origins: Wolverine
          Thursday, 16 April 2009 06:12

X-Men Origins: Wolverine is a Hollywood movie starring Hugh Jackman who plays
          the character Wolverine, a mutant with iron claws. The director of the movie is
          Gavin Hood, a South African from Johannesburg who is also an actor, a
          screenwriter and a producer. The lawyer turned movie director was an overnight
          celebrity with his 1998 directorial debut The Storekeeper which was nominated
          for an Academy Award. Gavin Hood has acted in many South African television
          shows and on the well known Hollywood's "Stargate".

REST AT LINK ABOVE

Comment

Michael Shanks

April 17 2009

[reposting with permission]

From Monday next week (US time) an online Q&A form will be posted on Michael's official website, Michael Shanks Online, through which you'll be able to send Michael a question or two... or three.

Check Michael Shanks Online for further details:

http://www.michaelshanks-online.com/news/index.shtml

And please feel free to post this announcement to any website, list or forum.

Thank you!

MSOL Admin

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
              Thursday, April 16th reminder

Jamie Ray Newman and Michael Welch in the sci-fi themed CSI, 9pm, CBS
              Grace Park also appear in that episode and Ron Moore and Kate Vernon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jjit View Post
                Grace Park also appear in that episode and Ron Moore and Kate Vernon as well.
                Grace Park had a brief cameo. Ronald D. Moore and Kate Vernon also made an appearance.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Robert Picardo

SciFiNow Magazine (issue 27 - p48/49) talks to the veteran Star Tek and Stargate actor about his career in film, the end of Atlantis, and a little known JJ Abrams film coming out in May
                  Last edited by Madwelshboy; 18 April 2009, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                    Robert Picardo

SciFiNow Magazine talks to the veteran Star Tek and Stargate actor about his career in film, the end of Atlantis, and a little known JJ Abrams film coming out in May
                    Which issue?

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                      Which issue?
                      My bad, issue 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        My bad, issue 27.
                        Thank you.

Here's the link for the SciFi Now Magazine site.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

When I first heard about Stargate Universe, I was hoping that Richard Dean Anderson would make a guest appearance. As week went by, I kind of lost hope that it would happend.
                          I'm so glad to hear that he will make several guest appearances

Comment

Originally posted by RealmOfX View Post
                            Christopher Heyerdahl to appear in New Moon

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....9&postcount=40
                            haha. I'm soo excited.
                            sigpic

Comment

SG1/SGA - Jace Hall Twitter Update Apr 19 '09 - Chris Judge/Joe Flanigan:

At Jace Hall's Twitter site:

did some Jace Hall Show nonsense today with Joe Flanigan of Stargate Atlantis. Funny stuff. Be sure to look for that upcoming episode...

about 20 hours ago from web

The Jace Hall is apparently web based at:

http://www.crackle.com/c/Jace_Hall

and at HULU: http://www.hulu.com/jace-hall

And then at Nic Aragon's Twitter site (who is associated with the Jace Hall Show):

W/ Joe Flanigan at the HD Films Office, Im not sure if that is the Stargate Atlantis suit that joe is wearing. http://twitpic.com/3mxzd

40 minutes ago from twhirl

And at the HD Films FlickR site, three photos with Christopher Judge at the Stargate:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hdfilms...n/photostream/

Last edited by morjana; 19 April 2009, 07:30 PM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - Upcoming appearances for Cast/Guest Actors:

STARGATE ATLANTIS

BEN COTTON

Sat. Apr. 25 10:00P TNT - Walking Tall - Also co-stars Kevin Durand, Patrick Gallagher, Eric Breker, Ryan Robbins, Michael Adamthwaite, Tom Scholte, Aaron Douglas, April Telek, Ty Olsson, Mike Dopud
                                Sun. Apr. 26 1:30P TNT - Walking Tall

JOE FLANIGAN

Wed. Apr. 22 11:00P LMN (Lifetime MOVIE Network) - A Reason to Believe
                                Repeated Thur. Apr. 23 3:00A

CHRISTOPHER HEYERDAHL

Tue. Apr. 21 8:00A ENCRM - The Invisible - Also co-stars Desiree Zurowski, Kevin McNulty, Laara Sadiq, Panou and Don Thompson
                                Fri. Apr. 24 7:30A ENCOR - The Invisible

TORRI HIGGINSON

Mon. Apr. 20 10:00A SCIFI - Stephen King's Storm of the Century
                                Mon. Apr. 20 12:00P SCIFI - Stephen King's Storm of the Century
                                Mon. Apr. 20 2:00P SCIFI - Stephen King's Storm of the Century

DEAN MARSHALL

Thur. Apr. 23 10:00P SCIFI - Eureka - ‘Here Come the Suns’

PAUL MCGILLION

Wed. Apr. 22 5:00P LMN - A Cooler Climate - Also co-stars Winston Rekert, Jerry Wasserman, Gerard Plunkett, Doug Abrahams, Christina Jastrzembska, Michael Kopsa, Andrew Kavadas and G. Patrick Currie
                                Wed. Apr. 22 9:00P LMN - A Cooler Climate
                                Thur. Apr. 23 9:00A LMN - A Cooler Climate
                                Sat. Apr. 25 7:00P SCIFI - Beyond Loch Ness - Also co-stars Don S. Davis, Carrie Genzel, Neil Denis

UPCOMING FOR Paul: Mon. May 18 9pm FOX - 24 ‘Day 7: 6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m.’ - Also co-stars Carlo Rota (guest starring on Stargate Universe)

KIRBY MORROW

Thur. Apr. 23 1:00P LMN - Playing to Win: A Moment of Truth Movie - Also co-stars Teryl Rothery, Malcolm Stewart
                                Fri. Apr. 24 5:00A LMN - Playing to Win: A Moment of Truth Movie

DAVID NYKL

Fri. Apr. 24 12:00P SCIFI - Merlin's Apprentice - Also co-stars Garwin Sanford, Duncan Fraser, Andrew Jackson, Mark Gibbon, Alexander Kalugin, Garvin Cross, Andrew Kavadas

JEWEL STAITE

Sat. Apr. 25 2:30P USA - Serenity - Also co-stars Morena Baccarin, Adam Baldwin
                                Sat. Apr. 25 5:00P LIFE - Widow on the Hill

KAVAN SMITH

Tue. Apr. 21 5:00P LMN - Nightmare at the End of the Hall
                                Tue. Apr. 21 9:00P LMN - Nightmare at the End of the Hall
                                Wed. Apr. 22 9:00A LMN - Nightmare at the End of the Hall

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X