• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kavan Smith (Major Evan Lorne) interview - follow the link below

http://scifiandtvtalk.wordpress.com/...-major-impact/

Comment

Originally posted by AZSGA View Post
      Stargate Universe is currently filming in Alamagordo, NM. They are having a BBQ tonight so people can meet the cast and crew. It's at the Comfort Inn if there is anyone close that could take pictures. Here is the Film Board link. It looks like they will be shooting through May.
      http://www.nmfilm.com/in-production....te%3A+Universe
      Cool! Thank you for the information.

Here's the address of the Comfort Inn - 1020 W Sands Blvd, Alamagordo, NM.

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
      SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
      Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Shanks - Living Out Loud - Repeated Fri May 8:

'Living Out Loud,' the made-for-TV movie starring Michael Shanks and Gail O'Grady, is repeated on The Hallmark Channel on Friday, May 8th at 9pm. This movie was filmed in BC, Canada and there are some other familiar faces in the cast, including:

Lorena Gale (SG1's The Curse), Jessica Amlee (SGA's Childhood's End -- she looks similar to Amber Tamlyn), Alex Ferris (SG1's Citizen Joe), Patrick Gilmore (who's guest starring in SGU), Calum Worthy (SGA's Childhood's End), and Leanne Adachi (SGA's Ghost in the Machine).

Also, co-star Babs Chula is a multi-cancer survivor.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - Guest Actors in Mother's Day Eureka Marathon May 10 '09 on the SciFi Channel (US):

From SciFi.com's schedulebot, a Mother's Day 2009 Eureka Marathon has been scheduled for May 10 '09:

09:00A ALL THAT GLITTERS - Guest stars include Sonja Bennett (SGA's Coup D'etat), Niall Matter (SGA's Tabula Rasa and Be All My Sins Remember'd), Chris Gauthier (SG1's AoT and SGA's Trinity), Steve Makaj (SG1's Col. Makepeace) and Stargate SG-1's Michael Shanks

Michael Shanks from 'All That Glitters'

10:00A A NIGHT AT GLOBAL DYNAMICS - Guest stars include Barclay Hope (SG1's Col. Lionel Pendergast)

11:00A BAD TO THE DRONE - Guest stars include Jonathon Young (SGA's Runner and Remnants), Kirsten Robek (SG1's Divide and Conquer) and Barclay Hope

12:00P WHAT ABOUT BOB - Malcolm Stewart (SG1's The Cure) and Woody Jeffreys (SGA's The Lost Boys & The Hive)

1:00P BEST IN FAUX - Guest stars include Holly Dignard (SG1's Inauguration & Lost City, Part 1 and SGA's Before I Sleep), Gabrielle Rose (SG1's AoT), Lexa Doig (SG1's Dr. Lam)

Salli Richardson-Whitfield, Lexa Doig and Colin Ferguson from "Best in Faux"

2:00P I DO OVER - Guest stars include Chris Gauthier

3:00P SHOW ME THE MUMMY - Guest stars include Chris Gauthier, Zak Santiago (SG1's Evolution Parts 1 & 2), Adrian Hough (SGA's The Brotherhood)

4:00P PHASED AND CONFUSED - Guest stars include Chris Gauthier and Jody Racicot (SG1's Sight Unseen)

5:00P HERE COME THE SUNS - Guest stars Chris Gauthier and Stargate Atlantis' Dean Marshall

6:00P FROM FEAR TO ETERNITY - Guest stars include Chris Gauthier, Barclay Hope and David Richmond-Peck (SG1's Orpheus and SGA's Harmony)
          Last edited by morjana; 03 May 2009, 01:00 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGU - Saul Rubinek/Justin Louis (mentioned) - Toronto Star: A franchise with a distinct maple:

At the Toronto Star (Toronto, ON, Canada):

(Please follow the link for the complete article.)

A franchise with a distinct maple flavour

May 03, 2009

by Rob Salem

Without Canada, there might not have been a final frontier.

Most people, Trekkie and civilian alike, are aware that original Enterprise captain William Shatner originally hails from Montreal. Some may even know that the late James "Scotty" Doohan is not in fact a Scotsman, but was born in Vancouver.

But the Canadian connection only starts there. Here's a somewhat selective guide to Canadian contributions over 43 years to the various Star Trek series and movies:

... Episodic veteran Leslie Hope, the late Teri Bauer of 24, played the mother of series regular Kira Nerys on a time-travel episode of Deep Space Nine. Durham County's Justin Louis once played a living tree [Voyager's 'Once Upon a Time'], and Tom Jackson an alien sage, both on Next Generation.

Saul Rubinek [SG1's Heroes Parts1 & 2]stepped in as a last-minute replacement on a Next Generation episode that was originally supposed to guest-star diminutive David Rappaport (The Wizard) until his suicide in 1990. Canadian-raised Matt Frewer (Max Headroom) similarly replaced Robin Williams for an episode of the same series. (The reverse could be said of Geneviève Bujold, who bailed on the Voyager role of Katherine Janeway just one day into shooting.) ...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Michael Shanks - TV Guide Online: 'Living Out Loud' - TV Hot List:

At TV Guide Online:

(Please follow the link for the complete column.)

Tonight's TV Hot List for Saturday, May 2, 2009

... Living Out Loud

9 pm/ET Hallmark

Gail O'Grady stars in tonight's original movie as high-school music teacher Emily, whose cancer diagnosis causes her to re-evaluate her humdrum routine. Drawing inspiration from a spunky patient (played by Babs Chula) she befriends during chemo treatments, Emily reconnects with her passion for singing and writing music, a dream she put on the back burner while raising her kids. Her family, meanwhile, is left to adjust to Emily's shifting priorities and must find new ways to connect to each other and follow their own dreams. —Brie Hearn

At Hallmark Channel, a high resolution photo of Michael Shanks and Gail O'Grady from the movie.
              Last edited by morjana; 03 May 2009, 10:06 AM.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/SGA - Allison Hossack - NEW Movie: ‘THE GAMBLER, THE GIRL AND THE GUNSLINGER’ - July 11:

Airing on The Hallmark Channel on July 11 at 9pm, ‘THE GAMBLER, THE GIRL AND THE GUNSLINGER,’ co-starring Dean Cain (the gambler), James Tupper (the gunslinger) and Allison Hossack (the girl) (SG1's The Cure and SGA's Poisoning the Well).

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - SciFi TV and Talk Blog: Kavan Smith Interview:

At SciFi TV and Talk Blog:

(Please follow the link for the complete interview.)

Kavan Smith - Major Impact

by Steve Eramo

As an actor, when playing a recurring role in a TV series, the last thing you want is to receive a script and read that your character is among those trapped in a building that is collapsing on top of them. That, however, was the fate that befell Stargate Atlantis‘ Major Evan Lorne in the year four finale The Last Man. Luckily for him, he and Dr. Rodney McKay, together with Colonel John Sheppard and Ronon Dex, were discovered alive and well in the fifth season opener Search and Rescue, much to the relief of actor Kavan Smith a.k.a. Major Lorne.

... In the aforementioned The Last Man, Smith relished the opportunity to share the stage once again with Hewlett. Both actors spent some time behind prosthetics as a portion of the story takes place in an alternate timeline where their characters have aged a number of years.

... “Acting with the latex is challenging in that your face doesn’t move as much,” continues Smith. “You’re not as able to manipulate your facial muscles, but what it does, though, is really slide you into the character. You look in the mirror and you’re like, ‘I am old, there’s no question about that. I’m a 65-year-old man. That’s what they [the viewers] are going to see and I don’t have to act that way because I look it.’ I feel bad for some of the guys on Atlantis who do the full prosthetic masks when playing Wraith or other aliens. It’s four hours in make-up in the morning and then a couple of hours at night to get it all off. When you have a break you can’t really sleep because you can’t put your face down, put weight on it or things like that..."

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1/Sanctuary - jPod - Available online at WB.com:

jPod, the '08 Canadian TV series, is now available at the WB.com.

The cast includes: David Kopp (SG1's Proving Ground and The Sentinel), Sanctuary's Emilie Ullerup, Colin Cunningham (SG1's Maj. Davis), and guest stars include Ryan Robbins (SGA's Ladon Radim and Sanctuary's Henry Foss), Jessica Steen (SG1's Dr. Elizabeth Weir), Marilyn Norry (SG1's Scorched Earth).

Peter DeLuise also directed two episodes.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SGA - David Hewlett - Film Threat: 'Cube' Movie Review:

At Film Threat:

(Please follow the link for the complete review.)

CANADIAN CLASSICKS: CUBE

by Mariko McDonald
                      (2009-05-04)

Cube [1996]
                      Director: Vincenzo Natali
                      Writer: Vincenzo Natali, André Bijelic, Graeme Manson
                      Starring: Julian Richings, Maurice Dean Wint, David Hewlett, Wayne Robson, Nicole de Boer, Nicky Guardagni, Andrew Miller

... Although the idea for "Cube," a sort of Kafkaeque survival horror film with shades of Beckett and a healthy dose of dark humour, had been brewing in Natali's brain for some time, the rough draft of the script, which was co-written by his then roommate André Bijelic, was nowhere near ready. A third writer, Graeme Manson, was brought in to tighten things up, and mutual friend, David Provika, who holds a PhD in statistics, was engaged to handle the math. That's right: it's a mathematical horror film. Only in Canada, indeed.

The plot of the film is deceptively simple, and I feel it is fair to say it is a testament to Natali's abilities as a filmmaker that it works as well as it does: 6 people wake up in a sterile room with no idea why they are there or how they got there in the first place. There are doors in the walls and the floor and ceiling that lead to other rooms. Some of the rooms contain deadly booby traps. Some do not. The six strangers decide to join forces to find a way out, although whether things are better or worse on the outside of the "cube" remains to be seen.

The first person we encounter in the cube is Alderson (the always fabulous Julian Richings), but unfortunately we do not get to know him for long before he falls victim to a razor wire grid that appears from nowhere to dice him into neat little, well... cubes. Having properly set the tone for what is to come, we move on to our real protagonists: Quentin, the righteous cop (Maurice Dean Wint); Worth, a cynical architect (perennial Natali favourite and childhood friend David Hewlett); comely student Leaven (Nicole de Boer); free clinic doctor Holloway (Nicky Guardagni); and legendary French escape artist Renn (Wayne Robson)...

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

SG1 - Battlestar Blog: Fulvio Cecere Interview:

[NOTE: Fulvio Cecere guest-starred on SG1 as Col. Davidson in Family Ties and Dominion.]

At Battlestar Blog:

The Cylon Interrogator Speaks

Battlestar Blog is proud to bring you another exclusive actor interview! This time we have Fulvio Cecere, who BSG fans will remember as Lt. Thorne in the season 2 Pegasus story arc. In addition to Battlestar, Fulvio's been in a great number of shows and movies - click here to check out his impressive IMDb page.

Late last year I asked community members to submit questions for our Q&A, and Fulvio was finally able to answer them -- So a big thank you to everyone that sent in a question, and thanks to Fulvio for such great answers (and special thanks to Michelle for helping to set this up). Enjoy!

... I've enjoyed your appearances on three of my favourite shows - Battlestar, Stargate, and the X-Files. Any outstanding memories you'd like to share from any of these shows? Thank you!

... Stargate - While sitting on the Bridge of the Odyssey, I kept thinking, so this is how William Shatner felt on Star Trek. Plus as an actor, it's pretty cool to order a crewman to engage and fire! I also remember many of the cast kept telling me that I was the only Commander of the Odyssey that didn't die!

Again, thank you to all of the community members who submitted questions for this interview, and a big thanks to Fulvio! Everyone please visit his official website at http://www.fulviocecere.com/

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Robert Patrick

From Twitter

@scifitalk New Podcast with Robert Patrick (SGA). Live show tonight at http://tinyurl.com/5u2b6z at 8:00PM EST. Visit www.scifitalk.com

Comment

Stargate Atlantis - UGO: Sean Rogerson Interview:

[NOTE: Sean Rogerson guest starred on Stargate Atlantis' 'Travelers' as Nevik.]

At UGO:

May 4, 2009

Harper's Island Interview: Sean Rogerson - Booth "The Nerd"

Posted by LilHil

... Hilary: So you were cast as the "nerd" and I see some nerdy highlights looking over your bio, Stargate:Atlantis, Supernatural...what's up with that?

Sean: See here's the thing. On all those shows you mentioned, I'm always the killer. I think the closest character I ever played to Booth was probably on Supernatural. He was kind of a hypochondriac but he was super creepy. He picks a girl up on a date and ends up attacking her. He's like this nervous guy like Booth who ends up being this total creep. On Stargate I'm one of the bad guys who kidnaps somebody and ends up keeping him hostage. On Blood Ties, I'm this mass murderer who's in jail, so yea I end up playing the killer.

... Hilary: So I have one last question for you, which I've been asking everyone, only because all you guys are Canadian and I don't know what's up with that by the way...yea, why is everyone Canadian on this show anyway? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Sean: Well all the shows we were just talking about, Stargate, Battlestar, they're all filmed here in Vancouver. There's a ton of us up here!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate/Star Trek - Jonja: Robert Picardo/Ethan Phillips Video Interview:

At Jonja.net:

Interview with Voyager Co-Stars Phillips & Picardo

Written by Cybermonk

Sunday, 03 May 2009

... Watch our video interview with this duo and then join us in the forums where we might be persuaded to tell you about some bits that ended up on the cutting room floor.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Stargate / Star Trek - ScreenGeeks: Robert Picardo/Ethan Phillips Audio Interview:

With many thanks to Jonja.net for the heads up!

At ScreenGeeks:

StarFest Interview: Ethan Phillips and Robert Picardo

Posted by Dave
                                April 20th, 2009

We may as well start at the beginning. Our first interview at StarFest was with Ethan Phillips and Robert Picardo. The original plan was to interview them seperately, but we knew that getting them together would result in glorious chaos. We weren’t wrong.

Download Link

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                                X