Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wraith Worshippers Anonymous - Introduction, Joining And Inactivity, Rules, OOC Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Draco-Stellaris View Post
    AAAAAH! I have a job! I have a job!

Went to a job interview on Tuesday and was invited back for a sample of my working speed and knowledge today... and they want me to work for them! I'm going to work as a digital media designer again, and as an illustrator!

It'll be a part-time job so I can still care for DS junior in the afternoons. I won't be online then as often as I'm now, of course, but I'll still be able to be here in the late afternoons to evenings.

Aaaah! I still can't believe it!

Congrats DS! It sounds like a wonderful job for you
    sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much, everyone! I'm so glad I got the job!

Comment

Now that DS has accepted her congrats, I have a little (potential) news too...

We got a sudden and unexpected chance to view a rental cottage last week - it's rural, about a 10 min drive from the city - an old mill that;s been refurbished and beautifuly decorated inside with big double French doors in the livingroom that lead out to a paved patio. It;s gorgeous.

We've decided to go ahead with the application for it and put the flat on the market. We're going for rental because we couldn't even begin to consider buying such a lovely property in a semi-rural setting.

We should find out by next weekend if we've been accepted for tennancy of the cottage, so fingers crossed everyone, please - we need your good vibes!
        sigpic
        Thanks to Draco-Stellaris for the gorgeous Todd avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Todd's Pet View Post
          We should find out by next weekend if we've been accepted for tennancy of the cottage, so fingers crossed everyone, please - we need your good vibes!
          I'll keep my fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you. I hope you get it because it sounds wonderful.
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks, C! *hugs*

I;m hoping the checks are just a formality - I probably should be more worried about being able to get our flat sold so we can clear our mortgage and loan and be able to pay the rent on the cottage! My parents have offered to help out with the cottage rent if the flat is slow selling, which is great of them.

I spent ALL of today cleaning the flat for the agency guy visiting tomorrow to value it. I;m EXHAUSTED!

Have you got piccies of your granddaughter's visit? Hope you get the chance to see her agaon soon *hugs*
            sigpic

Comment

I;m hoping the checks are just a formality - I probably should be more worried about being able to get our flat sold so we can clear our mortgage and loan and be able to pay the rent on the cottage! My parents have offered to help out with the cottage rent if the flat is slow selling, which is great of them.
              There's always checks for renting places - references tend to be another requirement.

It really is great of your parents to offer help with the cottage.

I spent ALL of today cleaning the flat for the agency guy visiting tomorrow to value it. I;m EXHAUSTED!
              *Hugs*.

Have you got piccies of your granddaughter's visit? Hope you get the chance to see her agaon soon *hugs*
              I haven't got piccies because I don't have a camera. I'll ask my son if I can use a couple off his I took off FB when he and his family get back from visiting friends.
              sigpic

Comment

*fingers crossed for TP*
                The worship of Talos is strictly forbidden!

Comment

I hope it will go well for you, TP!
                  My videos
                  My art
                  sigpic

Comment

Belated congrats DS. I`m happy you got a job. I hope you will be happy in your new work.

Fingers crossed TP.

Today I had pause in my work 2 hours and I went to shopping gallery and I heard Addict fav song from Gotye. That means he is popular in Germany.
                    sigpic

Comment

@ Bajka: Yay! Go Gotye! He's a delight, so I wouldn't be surprised if his songs spread around the world like wildfire, especially this one.

@ TP: That sounds exciting!!! I really hope you get the cottage. I'll send every good vibe I have your way
                      sigpic

Comment

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]
                        The holidays were fantastic. We had amazingly fine weather and did lots of stuff like swimming, hiking and going up into the Alpes by cable car.

A couple of piccies:
                        Great pics, and I love the one of castox sunbathing
                        I made a Fillyz plushie during the holidays - she has already seen him topless.
                        Love Fillyz's plushie too
                        Originally posted by Leeta View Post
                        I thought I'd share a kind of funny story.

I went shopping earlier today and there was a guy around my age, who parked his car up the road as I was walking. He had some custom paintings on it and on the doors it said 'Puddle Jumper'. It made me smile especially since the colour of the car was the same as the puddle jumper in Atlantis. I kind of wished I could of asked him if he was an Atlantis fan because it made me smile.
                        I want one!
                        AAAAAH! I have a job! I have a job!

Went to a job interview on Tuesday and was invited back for a sample of my working speed and knowledge today... and they want me to work for them! I'm going to work as a digital media designer again, and as an illustrator!

It'll be a part-time job so I can still care for DS junior in the afternoons. I won't be online then as often as I'm now, of course, but I'll still be able to be here in the late afternoons to evenings.

Aaaah! I still can't believe it!
                        Congratulations! I'm so happy that you have found a job being able to do something you enjoy
                        *sends hugs*
                        Now that DS has accepted her congrats, I have a little (potential) news too...

We got a sudden and unexpected chance to view a rental cottage last week - it's rural, about a 10 min drive from the city - an old mill that;s been refurbished and beautifuly decorated inside with big double French doors in the livingroom that lead out to a paved patio. It;s gorgeous.

We've decided to go ahead with the application for it and put the flat on the market. We're going for rental because we couldn't even begin to consider buying such a lovely property in a semi-rural setting.

Good luck with the application! On a purely material note: make sure it has decent internet access... we live in a rather rural area and have very slow broadband speeds. Some areas around here don't even have braodband at all and still have to make do wil dial-up

Comment

Just to add a little update for anyone interested: Although I've had a couple of tough weeks health-wise it's meant I had tome to create a 3D Craig, as well as Aurora... and a PA (Craig's request ). I'm finding it difflcult to make PA look anything like me, so I suppose she will have to be considered an idealised, somewhat modified version of the real me. I'm still putting the finishing touches to Aurora, and i have to map out Craig's tattoos, but I'vbe already done a couple of preliminary renders of my two boys and am rather pleased with them

On a random note, I went to Lincoln yesterday. The castle and cathedral were open for free since it's a heritage week, and there was also a Steampunk weekend going on. I've heard of Steampunk before but never really knew what it was. The costumes some of these people were wearing were amazing, and some of them incredibly detailed. Unfortunately I was with my parents and we had to move on quickly so I could only get one blurry pic of a woman in a lovely victorian-gothic style dress
                          nyways, while looking it up on the internet a little while ago I found (for Dr Who fans) this (some of you may have seen it before, i don't know):

Comment

@ rora'sPA. I love the Steampunk Dalek.
                            sigpic

Comment

@PA and Bajka: Thank you! *hugs*

@TP: *sends lots of posive vibes* I'll keep my fingers crossed for you! The description of the cottage sounds wonderful!

Comment

Thanks for all th epositive vibes, folks *hugs*

PA, love the steampunk Dalek and glad to hear you've had time for your art - I'll look forward to seeing the finished item. I sure hope your health picks up soon *hugs*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X