No announcement yet.

sub-level 10, Generators.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adria started and a look of suprise came over her face. "I am sorry but yeah I realy didn't get a good night sleep and I have been takeing tylonal left and right for my ankle." Adria took her coat of and put it behind her head like a pillow puting the intar in her bag and slowly drifted off.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Rachael look at Captain, "Go ahaed, I actually need to head up to my quarters to grab my lap top. I will be back in a few minutes."

Rachael took another drink of the tea than headed to the stairs.

<Quarters>
      sigpic
      Sig made by NAD - THANK YOU SO MUCH

August 27, 2011 official Teslen ship day....mark your calenders.

Comment

<Quarters>

Rachael arrived back at the generator room it was now at 25% complete. "Good, one quarter of the way there."

She grabbed the clip board with the notes from the gym room than took a seat opposite of Captain Johnson, and opened up her own laptop. It had a fully charged battery plus a spare in the case. She strated to look at the power layout of the base, to try and figure out what things they can power up with out the main generators.

Rachael started to make notes on what would be powered and what needed clean power.

Back up generators power these systems:

1. Emergancy lights, so once the back up are on line no more flash lights.
        2. All the doors, so key cards can be used again.
        3. Infirmary, includes main infirmary and other specific areas plus most of the equipment.
        4. Science lab server.
        5. Base ventilation systems/oxygen supply (The naqudah generator supply power to it now can be removed after it back ups on line.)

Main Generators
        1. Gate system, anything that has to do with the gate other than the DHD.
        2. Main servers, except science lab server.
        3. Data center ? (Does this have its own back up power.)

Rachael leaned her head back against the her stomach started to growl, she than realized she had not eaten since sometime yesterday. She set down her lap top and grabbed her bag and got out an MRE and began to eat it.

She glanced up and the other computer it was now at 30%, "Well that is taking its sweet little time."

((OOC- would this be an accurate assesment of the power distrubition system, correct me if I am wrong or if I missed something. I figure I am going to have her replace some fiber optic cables, with in the back ups. ))
        sigpic

Comment

Adria woke at the doctors return. "Oh hi" adria said and then turned over. This could be more comfirtable adria thought but when she herd the wraper of the MRE she turned over and sat up "35% done well atleast thats some thing. Hey happen to got anymore of those" Adria continued motioning to the MRE.

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Rachael pulled another one out of her bag and threw it over to Adria, "Here you go. Did you have a nice nap?"
            sigpic

Comment

(( You're good on the assessment. Yes, some cables will have to be re-run from the back-ups. ))
              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
              sigpic

Comment

((OOC- thanks Blue. I just don't want to get confused again on what powers what around here. What about the communications array where is that located? Should probably go check that out.))
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                  Rachael pulled another one out of her bag and threw it over to Adria, "Here you go. Did you have a nice nap?"
                  Adria caught the MRE and oppend it. "yeah thanks for letting me" then she glanced at the computer 40% done. "Man this computer is taking its SWEET," she stressed the word, "time."

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

"Yes well, I would rather it takes its time than turn the generators on and them blow up." Rachael said with a smile. She than went back to her lap top.
                    sigpic

Comment

Rachael had been staring at her laptop for about an hour, she glanced up at the diagnostic, "Well its at 80% now, it should only be another forty minutes, possible less."

Rachael leaned her head back against the wall and closed her eyes, she knew she could not sleep, but her eyes were tired of staring at the computer screen. She relaxed her mind and began to search through the memories of the Ancient Alex in her mind. She took a deep breathe than let it out.

Her mind began to wander through the memories that she had seen thousands of times before. She always felt comfront when she look through the eyes of Alex.

Her mind stopped at the memory Alex in a small ship above earth.

A smile emerged on Rachael face as she saw the blue marble in the sky, even though she knew it was not the earth she grew up on she still loved seeing that image in her mind. She just froze that image in her mind as she passed the time until the diagnostic was done.
                      sigpic

Comment

Rachael held onto the image of earth in her mind, but eventually it faded and other memories surfaced to her conscious mind. She had been sitting there for about an hour when she opened her eyes and look at the computer it was at 98% complete.

She stood up and walked over to the generator, she turned and said to Adria, “It’s almost done, 99%, the moment of truth is upon us.”

The analysis reached 100% and a dialogue popped up,

“Would you like to review the reports?”
                        Yes or No

She clicked yes and the report popped up, she look at the screen it had several sub-reports she had to review. Rachael began to look through them one at a time, “So far so good, one report left to go.” The power supply report was last, she clicked on it and looked through it, and her expression did not change much. “Well we only one minor problem before we can get these up and running, two of the fiber optic cables were fried during a power surge. It looks like back-up 3 section 3.”

She walked over to the generator, “Well sections 1 and 5 are on the top, she knealt down on the ground, here is section two. She got down on the ground and look under the generator, found section 3.” She stood back up and walked over to her bag and picked it up, “Figures it had to be the section that is hardest to get to.”
                        She took a drink of some tea; it was hot but still good. She stood there holding her bag for a second, than turned to Adria, “I don’t have any fiber optic cables in here, I think there are some in the data center, but no one is there now.”
                        She pulled out her radio, <radio> “Dr. Ezekiel to Jamie Taylor,” <radio>she waited for a response.

After she got one, <radio> “I wanted your permission to go into the data center, I need to get a role of fiber optic cables. “ <radio>

((OOC-PA-feel free to back track.))
                        sigpic

Comment

"Sweet" adria said. SHe got up and read the reports over the Doctors shoulder.

After Rachel found section 3 adria had no choice but to laugh. "yeah its ironic since we just sat all that time now we have to work. And as for the cable i dont cary it in my pockets so yeah we have to get it out of the data center."

Adria waited till Dr. Ezekiel had finished talking over the radio and then said. "I will go over by the data center and wait for someone to come with the key what do you think?"

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Originally posted by max_omega View Post
                            She pulled out her radio, <radio> “Dr. Ezekiel to Jamie Taylor,” <radio>she waited for a response.

After she got one, <radio> “I wanted your permission to go into the data center, I need to get a role of fiber optic cables. “ <radio>
                            (( X-post from Control Room ))

[radio] "Roger, Dr. Ezekiel. I'll send someone down with a key." [/radio]

(( Jaime is sending down Lt. Finch with the key for the datacenter, since only Jaime and her IT team have security card access to it. Make sure you fill out the visitors sign-in/out log for the room and the necessary inventory paperwork on your cables. I hope you've got all the needed equipment to make the cables you need; trust me, fiber is difficult to work with and you need lots of special stuff. It sure ain't like making ethernet/computer cabling, that's for sure! ))

Comment

Racheal waited for Jamie to respond, <radio>"Thanks Jamie." <radio>

She than turned to Cap. Johnson, "Go and get the a six foot long cable, and grab the tool box that says REA, engineering. Be sure to sign the sign in sheet in your name, and put my name as your supervisor. ANd mark what you take out."
                              sigpic

Comment

<<From Control Room>>

Finch arrives at Level 10 worked up and energized having just double timed down 8 Levels worth of stairs.

"Dr. Ezikiel?!? Anybody home down here?"

Walking around a corner he nearly bowls right over Adria. Backpedaling a step or two to get out of her personal space he tries to calm himself down before he hurts someone, or himself.

"So sorry, Jaime sent me down with the data center key, said the people working down here would be needing it. Oh and she also wanted me to remind you to sign for anything you take out."
                                Lieuteneant Nathaniel James Finch
                                Alpha Site Base Chaplain
                                Ancient Studies / Cultural Anthropologist

Please excuse our appearance, this sig under renovation

Nathaniel James Finch~~~Support GateWorld RP

Comment

Working...
                                X