Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Oxfords

Jack's Bar

Simon entered Jack’s bar to find it reasonably crowded on Satureday night. Tucked in his arms was his nine month old daughter Claire Lily. Who seemed fascinated with the flow of things at Jack's. Her reactions varied over the Saturdays they came here, but her excited twist of month was still there. Her brown eyes were wide as she stared at the stage.

Something over there seems to have caught her attention. Simon let his eyes follow his daughter’s and caught Blue in a bright shirt; he chuckled as he understood why she looked at the man keenly. He gave her a light bounce to distract her, only to be rewarded by a big grin. Melting at the sight of the smile he looked at his wife who watched them with amusement as she poked him to get moving. Taking up an empty table, he watched Debra take a seat. Knowing his daughter wasn’t going to sit while the music was in the air. He allowed Claire Lily to stand as he held her.

He watched as she bounced on her legs, and moved her mouth with the rhythm of the music. Simon shared a look of delight with his wife, who busted out laughing. Enjoying watching his daughter dance Simon joined wrapping his free hand over the tiny one as he winked at Debra.

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
      [ Mayor's house ]

Laura tossed a look to Ambina. "Mr. Hunt, I kept this nugget of information to myself for total of 2 hours. I don't call that untrustworthy. What was I supposed to do? Lock the General in the bathroom and call an emergency meeting at his first word of confirmation? That's a touch over-reacting, isn't it? Especially since, if the symbiote had been a Goa'uld, Nick wouldn't have made it out of the base alive," she paused for emphasis, "By his own standing order."
      She waved her hand toward the window, "I think that the only people who will have a problem with that will be those Mr. Cooper directs to have a problem with it." Non politcal, my @$$. He's out to leach anything he can from anyone he can.

"My apologies then Mayor. I was under the impression that you had known from the beginning. I guess it was too much for me to assume that the military would inform you immediately over a matter this controversial and important." Brian too paused for dramatic effect.

"I do however resent your insinuation towards the very citizens you serve. People react the way they do because they act on what they believe. To insinuate that anyone follows Kevin Cooper blindly is an insult to their free will."
      Last edited by TheGreatLordGeorge; 03 February 2008, 12:28 PM.

Comment

[ Mayor's house ]

Goodwin sighed and said, "Why is it so difficult to make everyone understand that the General and I do NOT live in one another's pockets. Whether Blue remained in command of the base or not is not my decision. It's not the decision of the townspeople of Foreston. It is the decision of the senior staff and officers over there. Quite rightly. If they tried to interfere in town government, people would scream their heads off. Also quite rightly."
        The woman sat wearily in her chair, "Nick did me the courtesy of telling me what happened in person and brought me the reports."
        She waved again at the window to the street, "I'm not insinuating anything about the townsfolk. It's human nature. By their own free will, some people will follow blindly where another leads. No matter what path that person follows. Read your history, Mr. Hunt. Hitler, Stalin, Rev. Jim Jones, Seth Fargough. Luckily he was stopped in time. People followed them, Mr. Hunt, blindly."
        Laura checked the clock, "It's getting late and you have a long walk ahead of you tomorrow. Forgive me if I don't see you out. Good luck with your new position."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
        sigpic
        Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Foreston ]

Sarah didn't flinch from his touch but nodded at him. Before a woman sat herself firmly in front of her. Raising her eyebrows she turned her attention to the stage. However this didn't stop her from catching some of the conversation and mentally stored it for future use. The sombre mood of earlier had certainly lifted.

She finally left and Sarah could do nothing but laugh. Especially at Zach's expression. Zach offered a rain check on the conversationa and Sarah gratefully accepted. She calmed down and resumed her attention to the stage.
          Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
          LOVE HIM-> DT
          ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
            [ Jack's Place ]

Spoiler:
            Callista sang along strongly, unconsciously swaying to the beat of the music. "That's where we wanna go ....," she turned to watch her fellow singers and garbled the next words in surprise.

"To Martinique, that Monserrat mystique
            We'll put out to sea..."

Cal tried to tug her hand free, startled at realizing it wasn't Nick singing next to her. What the heck is he trying to do? There's people in here who would be willing to kill him because of Janus. Deciding the best camouflage would be to keep on as though nothing was wrong, the woman kept on singing.

"Port Au Prince I wanna catch a glimpse ..."

In the blink of an eye, Nick was back. During the saxaphone interlude, the furious woman dug her thumbnail into his wrist in warning. Forcing a smile, she finished out the song with the rest.

(( Not leaving the stage until Ryn, Xym and SR post. ))

[ Jack's Place ]

Blue winced at the sharp jab to his wrist but kept on going, "Everybody knows ... A little place like Kokomo"

~We're in trouble.~ It wasn't a question.
            Ya think?
            ~I don't want Callista any more mad at me.~
            Nick looked at the mark on his wrist. Ooooo, trust me on this. I don't think she's going to be mad at you.
            ~I don't want her mad at you either.~ Janus gave a mental sigh. ~I shouldn't have asked. That was a stuipid thing to do.~
            Probably. I'll just add it to the long, long list of stupid things I've done before.

(( circling in the holding pattern ))
            Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
            sigpic

Comment

[Eddie's house]

Eddie answered the door groggily, as he hadn't expected anyone to stop by and he was still a bit tired from the trip to the base. When Leo informed him that Jack wanted him at the bar, he asked the man to come in for a minute while he cleaned up.

Pouring Leo a cup of coffee, Eddie quickly hit the shower and threw on some casual clothes, black corduroy pants, leather belt, and a blue/grey tunic, topped with his leather jacket. Lacing on his trusty Doc Martens boots, he came back into the kitchen. "So what's the emergency at Jack's, Leo?"

Leo looked at him and spoke calmly, "I'm not sure, Eddie, there's some base personnel there, and I know you're good with them, with what happened last night maybe he wants you there. Maybe he's afraid of the karaoke being too painful. He didn't say, he just said get you there now, and you know that look he gives when he's dead serious."

Eddie chuckled. "I got you, Leo. Though I won't be drinking any beers tonight, just coffee and ice water or tea, I had a long day making a delivery to the base." He smiled as he remembered the hug Jaime had given him. "Let's not keep the man waiting." Heading out the door and locking it, Eddie hustled to the bar at a fast walk, leaving Leo to catch up with him.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[Jack's Place]

McKinnon hit the stage with Blue, Calli, Kim and Jeanie, and was more than happy to just handle the lower harmonies on the chorus. He was surprised that he was able to relax, and just enjoy the song. They weren't a match for the original Beach Boys, but they were doing fine, nothing they were singing sounded offensive to the ears. He noticed Calli grab Blue's arm at one point, but dismissed it as a reminder that he was still the base CO even with the electric hawaiian shirt he was wearing. He smiled at Kim, putting a hand on her shoulder, encouraging her to relax a bit more. While he was looking at the woman he loved, he caught a movement out of the corner of his eye, and when he glanced over, he recognized Oxford from earlier in the day. Making eye contact, he gave a slight nod and smile at the man then joined back in for the next chorus, following Blue's lead, though this time he started to look at the crowd a bit more, trying to get a read on them.

Comment

[ Jack's Place ]

They finished up to a nice round of applause. Cal was happy to see that even some of the non-earth people had gotten caught up in the tune. Non-earth people. She tossed a narrow eyed look at Blue again and, after giving the audience a quick bow, escaped the stage.
                  The woman swept by the table where she'd left her half-glass of beer and carried it back to the bar. Thumping it down on the wood, she told the barmaid, "I'll be back for that."
                  Cal ducked down the hallway that led to the kitchen, the restrooms and, more importantly, the outdoors. At a fast walk, she made her way to the shadows of the tree line and waited, tapping her foot impatiently.

You're never too old to do something goofy.
                  sigpic
                  Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

[Jack's Place]

Eddie opened the doors to Jack's just as the final notes of "Kokomo" by the Beach Boys died away to rather loud applause. Apparently the military folks who were singing had done a pretty good job. He sauntered over to the bar and waited for Leo to let Jack know he was there. He noticed Brihanna sitting at the other end of the bar. Judging from her attire and demeanor, she was pretty obviously on the prowl. He felt sorry for whoever her intended victim was. ((sorry ainty, had to do it ))

As the singers left the stage, he did a double take. The General was wearing what had to be the most, for lack of a more suitable term, obnoxiously patterned Hawaiian shirt he'd ever seen. He shook his head and smiled. With what Blue had to go through, he deserved the chance to unwind. He'd only heard good things about the man, despite the prattlings of that sniveling weasel Brian Hunt and his cronies. He'd gladly have the General's back, right or wrong, than see someone like Hunt gain any more power than what he thought he had already.

Comment

[Jack's Place]

McKinnon smiled at the applause, then followed Blue and Calli off the stage. Apparently Calli was not pleased about something, but he figured it was between her and Blue. "It was a pleasure singing against you sir, you too, Calli." he said quickly before guiding Kim over to the bar for another drink, completely oblivious to anyone else in the bar.

Comment

[Jack's Place]

As the song ended, Jeanie took a deep breath. It had been a lot of fun, and the wrap-up was, too. She smiled watching the town- and basefolk interact. Then frowned seeing Cal disappear. She had noticed the earlier glare at the General, but hadn't known what that was all about. It didn't make sense there, and it left her puzzled for quite a bit.

She sat down on her customary bar stool, which just happened to be the one next to Brihanna Simmons. Jeanie all but groaned. It was the last person she'd wanted to sit next to, but Fate in all its wisdom had declared it so. Still, the woman was a valued customer of the Wilman General Store and thus Jeanie knew she had to play her best diplomatic cards.

"How did you like it?" She asked Brihanna in her best, friendly manner. "I grant you it was a bit old, but it was good fun." She smiled and gladly sipped from a non-alcoholic drink Jack had slipped her across, knowing she sometimes got thirsty after singing. Being totally focused on the performance of herself and the other singers, she'd completely missed Brihanna's earlier show.

Comment

((*swings pocket watch back and forth* You do not remember this being on Atlantis, you do not remember this being on Atlantis. ))

When they left the stage, Sorrel watched the woman leave the stage. She'd been wed long enough to recognize a talking-to in the works, to who she didn't know.

But she got up, draining her wine and taking a few deep breaths. This required strength of voice, and even if nobody'd died, by the shimmering light, she was going to do it right.

The master of musics, what a Tau'ri would think of as a DJ, started the background instrumentals. And she sang.
                          Beyond the night, a rising sun
                          Beyond the night, the battle’s won
                          The battle’s won

Fear and shame now in the past
                          Pain and sorrow gone at last
                          Gone at last

Sorrel paused, catching her breath during the long instrumental break. At a burial, this was when the mourners brought foods and gifts the deceased would take on the journey. Before settling in on Gaia, they'd held a mass ceremony for everyone who'd been lost. She hadn't sang it, of course, their two real Singers had done that. And the instrumental break was about over.
                          Circle renewed, peace will be found
                          Beyond the night, on sacred ground

River flows led by the wind
                          First new breath, her journey begins
                          Our journey begins

When the last of the instrument track faded off, she curtsied the applause and stepped down from the stage. She picked up her glass and headed back to the bar. But two would be it, she still had to walk home.

Sorrel, Proprietor - Sorrel's Clothes and Jewels
                          "Che idiota fa una cosa del genere! Gli americani non pensare cose del genere?!"
                          " 'Idiot' and 'American' I think were cognates? I'm going to assume you're not talking about me so we can work together better."
                          Ambassador Isabelle Cooper-Oxford and Lt. Col. Stephen "Steve" Hamrick ~ "Discoveries"

Discover a … New Galaxy

Look for a … New Adventure

Find a … New Mythology

Comment

<<Brihanna Simmons ~ on the prowl at Jack's>>

As the group came to an end Brihanna went over to change her song request. She was almost blown over by Blue's woman as she evacuated the stage. Blue was chatting with Blondy as she moved towards him. Then Jeanie moved into her way. "Yes, yes, just lovely Jeanie," she said with a cheesey smile. In all the confusion Sorrel had taken the stage. She figured it gave her time to get things in order. "You know Jeannie you have a wonderful voice. It is wondeful that you allowed the others to take the lead." She watched past her shoulder as she saw Blondy trying to move towards the bar with the frump. "Excuse me but I am up."

She moved by and in a swift move had tucked her hand around Blondy's elbow taking a firm grip. She whispered into his ear,"Please sir, I couldn't help but notice how your talents had been wasted on the stage just now. I really need a partner on this next song and I think it will showcase your voice." She caught glimpse of the frump's green eyes on fire behind him. "You won't mind will you sweety, you know in the name of base, town goodwill." She gave a sweet and innocent smile and a bat of the eyelashes.

She pulled Blondy closer and began to drag him to the stage. She picked up the two microphones she had left properly placed and passed one to him. Before he knew what was happening Brihanna was announcing to the crowd, "We here at Foreston are fortunate to have the bases' fearless leader entertaining us this evening. I think we should give a round of applause and gratitude to General Blue." She nodded in his direction and started clapping, arm still entangled in Blondy's. "So in the nature of goodwill, a little duet if you will." She smiled at the Blondy, "This fine officer has agreed to a merger of sorts." She smiled with her highly glossed lips. Turned to indicate it was ok to start the song.

((she made me do it!!))
                            Last edited by aintright; 04 February 2008, 09:15 PM. Reason: oops ... some editing ... missed sorrel on stage!! :eek: teehee!!:p
                            sigpic
                            SCORE!!
                            The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[ Jack's Place ]

Nick acknowledged the applause with a nod of his head and a wave as he strolled from the stage.
                              ~Are you going after Callista?~
                              Of course. I'm not going to add stupid to stupid. I'll go in a few minutes so its not too obvious, I hope.
                              He stopped at the bar, taking a few sips of the glass of water still sitting there. Blue waited a moment until Sorrel finished her song. He didn't want to be so rude as to leave in the middle of a memorial.
                              As the Palarian woman approached, he bowed slighly, "Very nicely done, my lady. You honor those who have gone before."
                              Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
                              sigpic

Comment

Jacks' Bar

Feeling his hand on her shoulder Kim relaxed and joined in the singing. She was glad it was only the lower harmonies not the actual song. Enjoying herself till the end of the song, she happily followed Lance of the stage as she noticed Oxford too.

As she took the steps down the stage stairs Kim blinked in bemusement at Cal's quick exit, then let her gaze to Blue, unsaid question written in her green eyes.

Kim hadn't had a chance to comment on Blue's singing before Lance scouted her over tot he bar, she laughed as she leaned her elbows on the bar bench, she looked at Lance as he motioned for the drinks. Before she could utter a word, she saw a very eager raven haired woman approached. Something about her seemed off as the woman made a beeline for McKinnon.

Kim send the woman a ice cold look as she whispered in Lance's ear, when the blue eyes meet hers for a quick look, Kim send the woman fiery look and a tight grinding of her teeth. Jealously was never on top of her list and she made sure it she didn't have a reason to be jealous. But this woman was going to push her limits to the max.

Giving a snort as the unnamed woman used the town/base relationship as a excuse, Kim opened her mouth to reply but the dark haired woman had already dragged Lance off who looked equally helpless as her.

Kim was so close to going over and punching the woman's nose, over her sweet smile and 'good relations with the base crap' she was pulling. Forcing herself to stay where she was in the spirit of the 'good relations', Kim smiled tightly at the raven haired who had dragged Lance away.

Tapping her foot impatiently at the woman, making sure it wasn't too obvious to Blue. It was meant to be their night, what the hell was that woman doing in the middle of it. It hadn't failed Kim's attention that the blue eyes smart mouth, female had totally ignored her and had only given the attention to Lance. Not only the other woman had been rude, but down right on a ego trip.

Taking few deep breaths she took a seat on the bar stool and took a look around the place for a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X