X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jynjyr View Post
    [Mayor's house]

Spoiler:
    Goodwin waved away the hint of apology. "It's never a problem to have visitors. There are 4 guest rooms in that house. You're welcome to one or two."
    Unknowingly, Laura echoed her daughter-in-law, "I don't know what's gotten into Archie recently. He was never the biggest fan of the base but, he was never this surly either. There's a faction in town who blames the military if they stub their toe on a chair."
    She got up and started pacing, "I don't know who's behind it but, if I find out he or she will get a piece of my mind."

[ Mayor's house ]

Blue tipped his head back and stared at the sky. "Brian Hunt."
    Cal's voice overlayed his as she came back out. She sat in her chair and rolled her eyes silently.
    "Brian Hunt," Nick repeated, "I'll bet my life on it. He's an undercover NID agent. He came to the base yesterday and generously proposed that he take over all the communication between Foreston and the Base and 'oversee' operations."
    He rubbed his hands over his face, "I invited him to meet with both of us to discuss this. I'm surprised he didn't get here first."
    Wondering what's happening? Updates for Everything
    sigpic

Comment

[Mayor's house]

"Hunt? Hunt. I've heard that name recently," Goodwin rubbed a finger on her forhead, trying to remember, "Ah, got it. Mike said that Hunt tried to pick a fight at Jack's with one of your former people. Major Rhea - detached from service, so he said."
      That niggling problem solved, Laura relaxed into her chair, "If Mr. Hunt shows up, we can discuss it but, I don't really see a need for a third party to oversee my actions."
      She gave both Nick and Cal a mocking glare, "Athough it would have been nice to know that the base survived the earthquake."

You're never too old to do something goofy.
      sigpic
      Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

[ Mayor's House ]

"Sorry, Laura. Everything was so crazy right after that I didn't think to send a runner," Blue explained, "Sharp and teams headed off world in the F-302's on the trail of a new DHD. About the time we got to get back into the base and got some power, I became," he paused and tapped the side of his head, "indisposed, so to speak."
        sigpic

Comment

[Mayor's house]

"Under guard and in isolation, you mean?" Callista picked up the tale, "I confess, I forgot totally. I got so focused on trying to prove that Janus wasn't a Goa'uld that ...."
          Cal shrugged and hung her head, "I don't know what came over me."

Laura laughed lightly as she leaned over and patted the other woman's knee. "I know what it was, dear. I'm glad you both finally realized it."
          She sat back up and smiled at them, "You're welcome to come for a 'meeting with the Mayor' any time you want."

sigpic

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Jack's Place - Quarters ]

Sarah smiled as she sat upon the bed and lay down. Head touching the pillow and face turned towards the window. She took it all in and let her mind wander. She was tired, very tired from the walk but was intrigued by what was happening in Foreston. She wasn't one for waiting around, she wanted action. She let her eyes close. Waiting for just a bit longer. The bed was soft and warm and so very comfortable...
            Her eyes snapped open, she had been drifting only the edges of consciousness and felt better for the rest. Standing up from the bed she changed jackets and slipped out of her hiking shoes into more comfortable ones. Checking herself in the mirror she left the room and knocked on Zacks,

"Zack! You still there?"
            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
            LOVE HIM-> DT
            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Jack's Place

The sound at the door invaded the peace that had engulfed Zach. He gave a little moan and stretched letting his muscles ripple back to life. He took one more glance at the view and muttered, "Yah, Yah, I'm coming."

He opened the door while running his fingers across the top of his head. He was now stripped down to his Tee and BDU's. His bare feet a little cool from hanging over the rail. He smiled at Sarah in the hall. "Did we have a nice nap?" Taking in her attire he twisted his mouth a little and inquired, "I spose you are ready to go?" He tossed his head back towards the room. "Have a seat on the deck and give me a sec to change. Then we can get going."

He moved to his pack and fished out a bright blue Tee, some jeans, a fresh pair of socks, a black fleece hoody and his sneaks. He wandered into the bathroom with the jeans, the Tee and his shower kit. He finished stripping down, rinsing his face with some cool water in the sink. He dug out his body spray and gave a swift all over spray. Pulling the form fitting Tee over his head he glanced into the mirror. With a grin on his face he pretended to move his hair back into place. Of course with the military cut there wasn't anything to move. He snickered and stepped into his comfy jeans and told himself "Nothing like a good pair of broken in jeans."

Heading out to the deck; socks, shoes and hoody in tow he found Sarah waiting. He sat down in the chair opposite to her and began putting on the rest of his apparel. "So any preference on where to first?"

sigpic
              SCORE!!
              The Babe's Fave Song Tourney ~ Super Sonic Sixties 66/67 ~ Clickie!!

Comment

[Park]

Lance listened intently as Kim explained how she had to 'get away'. When the tears began to flow, he let her walk forward a few paces, but still kept listening empathtetically. After she asked a question that he wasn't sure was rhetorical or not, he paused briefly before replying.

"I'm sorry to hear about the pain you felt, and even more so for the wounds you couldn't heal back home. I'm no genius in these matters, but, I want you to know..." He took her hand in his and looked into her eyes. "I'm going to be here for you, come h3ll or high water. You've helped me to heal so much from my own wounds, wounds I thought I'd never recover from. If I can do the same for you, I'm happy to. But I also know that I can't do it for you. When you're ready to talk about it, if you feel comfortable enough, you've got my ears, and my shoulder if you need it." He swallowed, then continued. "Kim, I'm NOT going to pass judgement on whether or not you ran, and, it doesn't matter if you did. We've all made decisions that led us to where we are now. Not all of mine may have been the best, but they led me to you. For that, I'm extremely grateful. As far as achieving what we set out to do... who's to say we always know what we're really trying to do in the grand scheme, anyway?"

He paused, then took her hand, and they began to walk through the forest paths. "If I ever say too much, don't be afraid to tell me to shut up, Kim. I know I can get longwinded at times."

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

[Mayor's house]

Spoiler:
                  "Under guard and in isolation, you mean?" Callista picked up the tale, "I confess, I forgot totally. I got so focused on trying to prove that Janus wasn't a Goa'uld that ...."
                  Cal shrugged and hung her head, "I don't know what came over me."

Laura laughed lightly as she leaned over and patted the other woman's knee. "I know what it was, dear. I'm glad you both finally realized it."
                  She sat back up and smiled at them, "You're welcome to come for a 'meeting with the Mayor' any time you want."

[ Mayor's house ]

Nick, blushing furiously, buried his face in his hands and mumbled around his palms, "Was it really THAT flipping obvious to everyone but us?"
                  He peaked out from between his fingers, "I really did intend to just come here to explain about Janus, introduce you to him and see if there was anything you needed from off-world for repairs."
                  The man straightened up and held his hand out to Callista, "I suppose you could call this our first date."
                  ~Does that mean that you won't ....?~ Janus was vaguely disappointed at losing the opportunity to learn more about his host.
                  "Bojemoi," the man kept muttering under his breath in Russian. I don't know. That's up to Callista, his voice drifted back into the barely audible range, "I've never rushed a lady in these matters and I'm not going to start now."
                  Last edited by Gen Blue; 08 January 2008, 02:50 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Park

She might have been absorbed in her memories, but that didn't mean she wasn't aware of his presences as he walked towards her. When he spoke she shook herself out of where she was and into the present all while she brushed the few tears off her cheeks.

She looked their joint hands, then back at him. Smiling softly at him as he talked, she took a deep breathed. He was right yet again, Kim admitted to herself, "And mine led to you," she agreed, with a nod, "I'll talk to you about, Lance, right now I'm not ready when I can be ready I can't say when it would be. But I hope it's soon." She didn't want to spoil the mood of their date by talking about the painful past.

Leaning over to give him she kissed on his cheek, "I'm glad your here," she looked at him as she smiled with gratitude.

Then laughed at his question, then made musing sound, "You know that is a good question. I don't think anyone us know the grand scheme."

When he tugged her back along the path, she looked at him with amusement, after he spoke, trying not to giggle as she blocked his path, "Is that so?" she asked as her eyed lit up cheekily, not breaking the eye contact, "And how do you suggest I do that?" she tilted her head in mock thoughtfulness.

Getting a bit of her chest had helped. Maybe telling him more soon would be the best course of action. As he had said she helped him, since she wanted to make this relationship work with him. It was her turn to fully open up.

Last edited by SilverRider; 08 January 2008, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Special Agent Brian Hunt <Mayor Goodwin's House>

Brian casually walked up to the Mayor's house and reached out his hand to check the time on his formal watch which was a silver Rolex with gold trim. In his brand new black suit and hair done Brian looked sharper than ever and the briefcase firmly grasped in his hand only furthered the notion that Brian was all business today. As he passed the side of the house he could hear people in the backyard. Instead of going to the front door Brian made a B-line to towards them. As he approached the porch he could see that the General was not in his usual attire, actually the attire he was in was unusual for anyone.

"Mayor Goodwin! General! I must apologize for my tardiness, it is impossible to get a suit cleaned fast in this town. I ended up having to buy a brand new one. The material is a bit different than a traditional suit but I must confess they are much more comfortable to wear, but i digress...."

Making his way onto the porch Brian looked around for an empty seat that was not in use. Seeing one he had a seat and placed his briefcase squarely on his lap. "If you don't mind I would like to get right to the business. I realize that dinner time is nearing and I wouldn't want to infringe on what is hopefully your leave General" Brian said staring at the colorful shirt
                      Last edited by TheGreatLordGeorge; 07 January 2008, 10:22 PM.

Comment

[ Sarah Whitely - Jack's Place - Quarters ]

Sarah grinned at his appearance, he was stripped down to the bare necessities more or less. He waved her in and Sarah headed towards the balcony to retake Zack's seat whilst he changed. She let the breeze flutter over her face lazily as she took in the view. Zack was soon done and headed over.

"Don't mind." She replied, "Anywheree you want to go in particular? You've been here before. You know the place better than I do."
                        Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                        LOVE HIM-> DT
                        ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                          [ Mayor's house ]

Spoiler:
                          Nick, blushing furiously, buried his face in his hands and mumbled around his palms, "Was it really THAT flipping obvious to everyone but us?"
                          He peaked out from between his fingers, "I really did intend to just come here to explain about Janus, introduce you to him and see if there was anything you needed from off-world for repairs."
                          The man straightened up and held his hand out to Callista, "I suppose you could call this our first date."
                          ~Does that mean that you won't ....?~ Janus was vaguely disappointed at losing the opportunity to learn more about his host.
                          "Bojemoi," the man kept muttering under his breath in Russian. I don't know. That's up to Callista, his voice drifted back into the barely audible range, "I've never rushed a lady in these matters and I'm not going to start now."
                          [ Mayor's house ]

Callista had just taken Nick's hand when someone brazenly walked into the private back yard. She snatched back her hand and moved to stand between the newcomer and the General until she assessed the threat.
                          "Mr. Hunt," she murmured, recognizing him. Shifting over to stand behind Blue, she spotted a pad of paper and a pen on the bottom shelf of the bar. Seating herself on a bar stool, the woman prepared to take notes.

Goodwin pinched her lips but decided not to say anything the intrusion into her private space. Official meetings were held in her office, not on her back patio. Hear him out. It can't take that long.
                          "Mr. Hunt," she said, resisting the hostly impulse to offer him a beverage, "General Blue tells me that you have a proposal to discuss."
                          She decided to let him lay it out in his own words. That way she could tell if Nick's appraisal of the situation was not colored by the military's understandable dislike of the NID.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatLordGeorge View Post
                            Special Agent Brian Hunt <Mayor Goodwin's House>

Spoiler:
                            Brian casually walked up to the Mayor's house and reached out his hand to check the time on his formal watch which was a silver Rolex with gold trim. In his brand new black suit and hair done Brian looked sharper than ever and the briefcase firmly grasped in his hand only furthered the notion that Brian was all business today. As he passed the side of the house he could hear people in the backyard. Instead of going to the front door Brian made a B-line to towards them. As he approached the porch he could see that the General was not in his usual attire, actually the attire he was in was unusual for anyone.

"Mayor Goodwin! General! I must apologize for my tardiness, it is impossible to get a suit cleaned fast in this town. I ended up having to buy a brand new one. The material is a bit different than a traditional suit but I must confess they are much more comfortable to wear, but i digress...."

Making his way onto the porch Brian looked around for an empty seat that was not in use. Seeing one he had a seat and placed his briefcase squarely on his lap. "If you don't mind I would like to get right to the business. I realize that dinner time is nearing and I wouldn't want to infringe on what is hopefully your leave General" Brian said staring at the colorful shirt

[ Mayor's House ]

Nick bristled slightly at the interruption but, in fact, welcomed the change of direction. Gathering his composure and switching to 'on-duty' mode, he settled farther into his chair. "Yes, Mr. Hunt. Every six months or so, I get 24 hours leave. I find that few people look past the shirt to see the person wearing it. It makes for a very nice break."
                            sigpic

Comment

[Park]

Lance nodded as Kim spoke, looking into her eyes. He understood she didn't want to go into certain things and spoil the date. He just nodded his understanding.

When she replied cheekily about his longwindedness, he just looked into her eyes and leaned a bit closer, tilting his head in the other direction. "You're pretty resourceful and creative, I'm sure you'll figure something out," he said with a wink.

Thanks to ShelBel for the sigpics! SUPPORT GATEWORLD ROLEPLAY

Comment

"Mr. Hunt," she said, resisting the hostly impulse to offer him a beverage, "General Blue tells me that you have a proposal to discuss."

Originally posted by Gen Blue View Post
                                [ Mayor's House ]

"Yes, Mr. Hunt. Every six months or so, I get 24 hours leave. I find that few people look past the shirt to see the person wearing it. It makes for a very nice break."

"I am sure it does General, a very well deserved break indeed,”
                                Brian said in a respectful tone while getting more comfortable in his chair. "As I am sure you have undoubtedly heard by now, I am an agent of the NID, the legitimate version to be exact. I was placed here under orders to conduct passive surveillance on the on goings of everyday operations. Upon the Destruction of Earth I ceased my surveillance operations and assumed a more active role in the community. As time went by others and myself grew concerned about the current state of this colony. As time went by our numbers grew and continue to do so today. Most of out concerns have to do with the nearly autonomous nature of the military, that is to say that for the most part it lacks civilian over site and does not have to answer for it’s actions." Brian paused for a moment to take a breath.

“Now, we are not saying that we hate the military, we owe them our lives a couple of times over. It is just that we do not feel comfortable with the current state of affairs. If history has taught us anything is that when the military of a nation grows too strong it tends to take over. I am not saying that you would do that General, but if you wanted to it would certainly be possible, and that leaves alot of people worried around here”

(((OOC- What is Foreston's population?)))

Comment

Working...
                                X