Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small warning ... I don't do stuff like this well (forum grieving) so I will just hide until it is over. This place is for me an escape from real life, and I understand what has happened has affected everyone so much, but for me there is a time where enough is enough...

RIP Weedle.

(it's only because I myself have suffered so much too in my own life (lost both my parents to cancer ages ago but it still feels like yesterday every day of my life and stuff like this brings back old feelings that I still haven't dealt with) - and that is why I said what I said - sorry if I come across as being insensitive or disrespectful to some.)

*gone until things turn fun in here again*

Comment

It's ok Ryn I understand. Mum and Dad feel the same way, Mum lost both my grandparents within a year of each other and neither of them are dealing very well. They didn't know him, but through GW we're all kind of family and we kind of bond with each other. I'm sure Grant would understand, I know he'd have a smartassed comment to say to us all.

I'll be back on Monday night from New Zealand, I leave on Sunday night. So I guess he would want us to keep going and have fun, his sister Leanne said that would be his wishes.

Comment

All true what you say, but I also wish to leave his Tyrone in game as a memory about him. I don't want him to be assigned forcefully by you or me or Ryn, but a volunteer would pick him up.
        Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

That would be a nice tribute to him V. We need a recruitment drive. As it is the main core of us are doing a fair bit now. I would do it, but I'm stretched as it is. He was also doing Colonel Reynolds as well. But we can let him slide for now and promote Beck. SG3 would be a two man team, it would be up to Foley and ReIndeer then to make NPC's for the remainder of their team.
          My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
          sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

We'll try to recruit new members somewhere on Welcome thread after Monday.
            Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Maybe have Reynolds have a temporary reassignment

Comment

We can do that, but can you handle SG3 on your own as well as Cam? If we reassinged SG3, that means we'd have move ReIndeer's character as well. There is two possibilities.
                1/ Place Sgt Redd with SG1 or
                2/ Move him to Medbay with Doctor Hayden

It depends on you Alan, if you can keep both Beck and Cam going, then it's your call.
                My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
                sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Originally posted by puddlejumperOZ View Post
                  We can do that, but can you handle SG3 on your own as well as Cam? If we reassinged SG3, that means we'd have move ReIndeer's character as well. There is two possibilities.
                  1/ Place Sgt Redd with SG1 or
                  2/ Move him to Medbay with Doctor Hayden

It depends on you Alan, if you can keep both Beck and Cam going, then it's your call.
                  Well actually I think what is more likely from an SGC perspective is that they would reassign both of them to SG-1. Beck is a newbie and would not be trusted in command and this Sergent fella......is just a Sergent and I cannot recall SGC giving command of a team to a non com. So they would temporarily reassign Beck and Redd to SG-1 while Reynolds got better...which would be us looking for someone to play his part.

Comment

It would be ok for Beck and Reynolds, but ReIndeer's character should be left on the Hammond, to have him go back to the SGC would in effect render him unused. If ReIndeer would like, I can assign him as Dad said, to Medlab with Beth, Emma and Dr. Bean.

I would like at some stage to have Colonel Reynolds and Beck active, if any of you have any friends interested in RPG's please invite them over. We need someone to fill Grant's void. I don't want his wonderful contribution to our game wither.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueRanger View Post
                      It would be ok for Beck and Reynolds, but ReIndeer's character should be left on the Hammond, to have him go back to the SGC would in effect render him unused. If ReIndeer would like, I can assign him as Dad said, to Medlab with Beth, Emma and Dr. Bean.

I would like at some stage to have Colonel Reynolds and Beck active, if any of you have any friends interested in RPG's please invite them over. We need someone to fill Grant's void. I don't want his wonderful contribution to our game wither.
                      Well I made a post recently...before all this...with Beck. So it is easy to activate him jsut have him jump in.

Comment

How about, something happens in that mission, and Weedle's charrie Ascends? Would be a fitting tribute, methinks. And give you guys more fodder to play with.

Comment

I thought of that. Vad wanted to keep 'Tyrone' alive in Grant's memory. I would like to, but I don't know of anyone who could play his cheekiness as well as he could. We can talk more about it after Monday. He will be laid to rest at 11am New Zealand time, which is 3am GMT Monday morning. I will be back in Sydney at 2PM, and home around 3. So I should be able to tell you all how things stand and what his family would like to see happen. I don't know if the Moderators will allow it, but his sister told me one of his older brothers would like to take over his GW account. But it wouldn't be for a little while.
                          Last edited by RogueRanger; 17 September 2010, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Okay, well, wish them all the best.

Comment

i think that his brother coming on here would be a brilliant idea Mel, we'd love to have him
                              sigpic

Comment

Yesterday when things seemed so dark Pookey lifted me up into the sky. She told me that Weeds would be up there now in Heaven organising an RPG, with the Angels as NPC's. I figured that Jesus would play Jack O'Neill and thought God would be Hammond. But I realised how happy Grant would be, because he would actually be able to play with General Hammond himself. Weedle you're in good company with Mr. Davis up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X