• Show
Clear All

welcome newbies
    Last Movie Watched
    X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
    Life is Strange

Comment

Hello, I'm a longtime lurker (I always stop by on Saturday morning to read the post-episode stuff) but just signed up.

I got into Stargate when I first saw the movie in the mid 90s but didn't get showtime so I only watched occasionally syndicated episodes until it moved to sci-fi. By now though, I think I've seen them all at least once. Also because I've read this forum quietly for a while (creepy eh?) I'll state up front a few opinions so everyone can get a short hand on where I stand.

1) While there were definite flaws in SG1 9/10 I really liked the season and was sorry to see it canceled.

2) I am a huge fan of the McKeller-ship and consider the closest thing to a realistic romantic relationship Stargate has ever had among its regular cast. As a corollary of that, I rather like Keller though it took them a while to get consistent with her.

3) I found Atlantis largely boring in seasons 1-2 and stuck with SG-1 but got into it more in season 3 and have watched since then.

4) I'm pessimistic about Universe but am willing to give them a shot I just wish they could get some new writers in there.

Hmm, I think that's the major issues of the day. Well, thanks for having me.

Comment

Greetings SSJPabs!

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
        Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

greetings newbies! *frying pan dissappearsand is replaced by a tray of warm milk and cookies* im so glad that our little....tiff didnt scare you away from posting you'll see this a lot in offtopic

if you guys ever need help with the forum of course the mods and a friendly poster are always on hand to help you
          sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by SSJPabs View Post
            Hello, I'm a longtime lurker (I always stop by on Saturday morning to read the post-episode stuff) but just signed up.

I got into Stargate when I first saw the movie in the mid 90s but didn't get showtime so I only watched occasionally syndicated episodes until it moved to sci-fi. By now though, I think I've seen them all at least once. Also because I've read this forum quietly for a while (creepy eh?) I'll state up front a few opinions so everyone can get a short hand on where I stand.

1) While there were definite flaws in SG1 9/10 I really liked the season and was sorry to see it canceled.

2) I am a huge fan of the McKeller-ship and consider the closest thing to a realistic romantic relationship Stargate has ever had among its regular cast. As a corollary of that, I rather like Keller though it took them a while to get consistent with her.

3) I found Atlantis largely boring in seasons 1-2 and stuck with SG-1 but got into it more in season 3 and have watched since then.

4) I'm pessimistic about Universe but am willing to give them a shot I just wish they could get some new writers in there.

Hmm, I think that's the major issues of the day. Well, thanks for having me.
            Hi hi and welcome! *smiles* Hope you have fun!
            sigpic

Comment

*wanders in*

Oooo, I think I've been here before.... *ducks from Muh's flying carrots*
              Hmm, I think the Flying monkeys got to me, the purple ones...

Hey new people!
              sigpic

Comment

welcome one and all
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                  *wanders in*

Hey new people!
                  Did you have to mention the flying monkeys. *runs off screaming*
                  no means no, and so does pepper spray
                  Sig by The Carpenter
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
                    Watch out! The yellow ones steal your internet connection!

Comment

Originally posted by Alteran of Atlantis View Post
                      Watch out! The yellow ones steal your internet connection!
                      *finds a yellow flying monkey chewing on her cable* SO YOUR THE ONE THAT-! *starts strangling the monkey* IMMA RIP YOU A NEW-

carry on people
                      sigpic

I'm not dead. Yet.

Comment

Originally posted by susanne View Post
                        *finds a yellow flying monkey chewing on her cable* SO YOUR THE ONE THAT-! *starts strangling the monkey* IMMA RIP YOU A NEW-

carry on people
                        YOU FRAKKIN MONKEY!!!! I AM GONNA KICK YOUR-

Oops. Evil rant is over.

Comment

carry on people

Oops. Evil rant is over.
                          *rescues a flying monkey* Poor flying monkeys. Persecuted for what they are. You guys should stop persecuting them and learn to appreciate them for what they are. *eats the monkey* Delicious.
                          Meh...

Comment

Originally posted by michellec24_7 View Post
                            *wanders in*

Hey new people!

carry on people

Oops. Evil rant is over.
                            Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                            *rescues a flying monkey* Poor flying monkeys. Persecuted for what they are. You guys should stop persecuting them and learn to appreciate them for what they are. *eats the monkey* Delicious.
                            Wow, the plague that is flying monkeys. *shakes her head*

*sees Livestock eat one and blinks repeatedly. Not entirely sure if she should try it, or be grossed out*
                            sigpic

Comment

*tap tap tap* Is this mike on?
                              Attention Newbies
                              Contrary to what you have been told, this forum is for those of us who are :
                              1.a few fries short of a happy meal
                              2. rowing with one oar in the water
                              3. up the river without a paddle
                              4. couldn't find there way out of a paper bag
                              5. A half a bubble off level
                              6. a few sandwiches short of a picnic
                              7. Not playing with a full deck
                              8. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer
                              9. Wheel is turning but the hamster's dead
                              10 As sharp as a marble
                              11.Could get a parking ticket, handle their own case in court and end up on death row.
                              If you fall into any of these categories. welcome you will fit in quite nicely, the rest of you better just leave your sanity at the door, cause it will annoy us if you don't. enjoy the forum and caution: watch out for the cookies
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Livestick View Post
                                Livestick, you have disturbed me on sooo many levels...

*tap tap tap* Is this mike on?
                                Attention Newbies
                                Contrary to what you have been told, this forum is for those of us who are :
                                1.a few fries short of a happy meal
                                2. rowing with one oar in the water
                                3. up the river without a paddle
                                4. couldn't find there way out of a paper bag
                                5. A half a bubble off level
                                6. a few sandwiches short of a picnic
                                7. Not playing with a full deck
                                8. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer
                                9. Wheel is turning but the hamster's dead
                                10 As sharp as a marble
                                11.Could get a parking ticket, handle their own case in court and end up on death row.
                                If you fall into any of these categories. welcome you will fit in quite nicely, the rest of you better just leave your sanity at the door, cause it will annoy us if you don't. enjoy the forum and caution: watch out for the cookies
                                True dat!

Comment

Working...
                                X