X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    how about the family thread: Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill appreciation thread
    And the discussion thread: Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill discussion thread

That way people can still discuss in the family thread since it is also appreciation...
    Perhaps the addition of the word 'only' to the discussion thread wood make it more clear?

Comment

then again, you can appreciate what you're discussing and discuss what you appreciate
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        then again, you can appreciate what you're discussing and discuss what you appreciate
        Are you just trying to confuse me Sky? It's not difficult

The whole crux of the matter really is to distinguish between the two threads, so I'm just saying that adding 'only' to the discussion thread title wood have that effect.

But you knew that didn't you? You're just bored and thought you'd make fun of me

Comment

would i do that????

the point of my confusing statement is.....into the appreciation thread, some discussion will happen, and in the discussion thread, some appreciation will happen......but it will be up to members to moderate themselves and keep what's appropriate in the right threads

you wanna pic spam? post a link saying 'hey, we're pic spamming in the appreciation thread' and that's all the topic is in the discussion thread

you're having a good discussion and want some more input, drop an invite in the appreciation thread and invite people over

sigpic

Comment

That all sounds great, and I'm sure we can handle that

So it's just a question of naming the threads accurately so that new people can find what they want We can also mention to newbies coming into each thread that the other exists, and explain the difference

Comment

by a margin of 38 to 12, the decision was to keep the two threads separate.

As soon as i can consolidate the title suggestions, i'll be putting up a poll so that people can vote for the titles they want.

What we will be doing is renaming the family thread and the discussion thread.
              thanks, sky. i thought it would go this way, seeing the numbers.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

right now i have these four titles as suggested for the two threads

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
                Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread
                Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill All things ship thread
                Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill ship discussion only

Does anyone have any other suggestions?

sigpic

Comment

right now i have these four titles as suggested for the two threads

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread
                  Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Thread
                  Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill All things ship thread
                  Sam Carter and Jack O'Neill ship discussion only

Does anyone have any other suggestions?
                  i'm liking these. i do prefer the / in there because it gives a more definite shippy vibe.

oh, we can keep the 'sam' (as opposed to 'samantha') in there and it won't effect the search function?

how about:

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Ship Discussion Only

a question: would a newbie or regular fan, who's not a fan of this ship, realize the second thread isn't for them to debate in?
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

one suggestion we had for the non-ship thread was 'jack o'neill/sam carter, discussion for the non shipper'

could do the second thread 'sam carter/ jack o'neill discussion for the shipper' (that should fit, i'll need to test, if it's too long it can be sc/jon shipper discussion)

sigpic

Comment

one suggestion we had for the non-ship thread was 'jack o'neill/sam carter, discussion for the non shipper'

could do the second thread 'sam carter/ jack o'neill discussion for the shipper' (that should fit, i'll need to test, if it's too long it can be sc/jon shipper discussion)
                      But isn't the first thread the family thread and then the second one would be the discussion only thread that's still a sam/jack ship thread...so arent we still dealing with 2 ship threads? oh the confusion I think what majorsal is trying to say is how will someone whos not a fan know that those are two pro ship threads?

or are you suggesting that name for the disscusion only thread?

My Fanfiction My Sam/Jack vids (yahoo) My LJ
                      Thanks everyone for my b-day icons and sigs!
                      Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

how about for the second thread:

Sam Carter/Jack O'Neill Shippy Discussion Only
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I don't really want the 'only' in there. this isn't more pro and anti

if shippers can go into the non-ship discussion and discuss, non shippers can come into the ship thread and discuss.

And, before folks get worried about having to 'defend' their point of view, when was the last time you experienced a troll attack? There is a very real 'live and let live' amongst most SG-1 fans, and I can't see that suddenly changing

sigpic

Comment

I don't really want the 'only' in there. this isn't more pro and anti

if shippers can go into the non-ship discussion and discuss, non shippers can come into the ship thread and discuss.

And, before folks get worried about having to 'defend' their point of view, when was the last time you experienced a troll attack? There is a very real 'live and let live' amongst most SG-1 fans, and I can't see that suddenly changing
                            uh, <snip>

but i see what you're saying. i didn't realize the shippers could go into the non ship thread and debate with them. i wasn't going to, because they deserved their own place (to not have to defend) like we do. but, going with the vision statement... if they come and tread on my shippy glee, i'll just put them on ignore.

when i said 'only', though, i meant only discussion in the second thread.
                            Last edited by Bagpuss; 25 March 2009, 07:32 PM. Reason: No names..no pack drill.:)
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

there have been some shippers that have gone into the former anti ship thread to discuss thier issues with the ship. not a 'i think you're wrong to not like ship' but more of a 'yeah, i like it but i have issues with this part as well' discussion.

as to the threads, like they've been in the past, if there's some discussion in the family thread, no harm, no foul. if there's some pic spam in the discussion thread, no harm, no foul.

a little ot is fine. it's when the OT goes on and and on that it's a problem.

sigpic

Comment

there have been some shippers that have gone into the former anti ship thread to discuss thier issues with the ship. not a 'i think you're wrong to not like ship' but more of a 'yeah, i like it but i have issues with this part as well' discussion.

as to the threads, like they've been in the past, if there's some discussion in the family thread, no harm, no foul. if there's some pic spam in the discussion thread, no harm, no foul.

a little ot is fine. it's when the OT goes on and and on that it's a problem.
                                Not me! No! I stay away from the anti thread.

I come to Gateworld as a stress reliever...not a stress creator.

Comment

Working...
                                X