This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YappiChick View Post
    When was the height of your Stargate fandom? (Or is it right now?)
    2003 and 2004, I guess. I spent a lot of time at the forum, made lovely friends, went to cons, wrote fanfic, was staff at a Stargate online magazine and most of all couldn't wait for the next ep to come out as I really enjoyed the show!

Comment

Originally posted by ames View Post
      Who is/was your fav 'secondary' character on SG1?
      Major Davis, simply because Colin Cunningham is such a terrific and genuine guy.

Comment

do you ever regret closing threads?
        Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
        sigpic

Comment

very few

most of them get closed for a good reason
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by tombombadail View Post
            do you ever regret closing threads?
            So far I can't think of one that I have regretted

as Sky said there are always good reasons for it
            Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

What is your favourite flavour/colour of Jello?
              ...awaiting inspiration...and time/energy/know-how!

SanctuaryWorld - Enter the New Reality
              ames on facebook
              ames on LJ (codename "bluejelloqueen", of course! )

Comment

Green of course. We all know it's GREEN!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy View Post
                  Green of course. We all know it's GREEN!
                  Bluest green I've ever seen. So much so I doubt its greeness entirely.
                  Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Originally posted by uknesvuinng View Post
                    Bluest green I've ever seen. So much so I doubt its greeness entirely.
                    It's a good thing that your computer skills don't hinge upon your ability to see colors.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

orange jello
                      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

do you remember your first day as a mod? if so how was it? did anything significant happen?
                        sigpic
                        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                          do you remember your first day as a mod? if so how was it? did anything significant happen?
                          My first day as a mod I posted in the "Ask the Mods" thread and another poster yelled at me saying only mods could post there. I was amused.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Actually I don't remember a thing about that day, so probably nothing significant happened. It was a quiet time in the Stargate fandom when I became a mod, so I was eased into the duties gently

Comment

I spent my first official day reading how the Mods had been dealing with all the different issues so I had an understanding of how they would want us to handle things. Then I went out and read through threads since it took a few more days for the *report post* emails to find me.
                              I asked a TON of questions and did a lot of signature PMs
                              Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem
                              to add to what Jumper said....i have a related question

were you nervous about being a mod at first having all theses new options to learn and play with??
                              The new options and such were pretty easy to learn...doesn't mean I didn't mess up now and again. I know there were about 5 posts (full thread at that time) I was trying to move and ended up making the whole thread disappear. I did PM the thread starter and apologized...thank goodness that was the first and last time I did that (crosses fingers) and that there were only 5 posts in it. However, it was a lesson learned in that first week and as you can see I have never forgotten it so I make sure to take my time doing things

I was more tentative in dealing with people since I was fairly well known as just a *nice* person and I didn't want anyone to think I was overcome with *Powah*...now of course I abuse anyone who will let me

Comment

I've heard a little bit about it from sky, i think, but what really happend on the forum the day SG1 was cancled
                                Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles.

Spoiler:
                                Originally posted by ebethman
                                Look to the last page to find one of those strange little posts that no one sees at the end of a page. They are a strange creature. Denied attention from other posts they banned together. By day they are simple, unassuming posts. By night, they solve crime. One of them is called frank. He likes marbles. He has twelve of them. Each has it's own unique binary code which is related to several characteristics. Size. Colour. Public speaking ability....
                                Originally posted by Bray
                                *Bray wins*

Sorry RM....Game OVER!

And eBeth....you're weird

Comment

Working...
                                X