Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hehehe - *pictures Baggie with waggling eyebrows* I'm still operating without MY computer...no Photoshop, just my husband's antiquated programs...arght! going through PS withdrawal ... how can I make pictures of my favorite mods without Photoshop???? *desperate*
    sigpic

Comment

i haven't the capabilities of my computer to take screenshots while I'm on my husband's ancient laptop, but here's the url for where takes you http://www.westernunion.com/usa?loca..._deskDMT_spgbd
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        Thanks for reposting the ad-pic!

The rest of the post was general info about how Darren needs specifics to forward to the Ad people.

Basically the more he can find out-the better the chance of the ads being dropped so they don't keep interfering with our view of threads or control buttons.
        Y'welcome.

I don't have a problem with the ads, per se. Just the ones that expand until you can't see anything else and have to take extra steps to get it out of the way so you can achieve your goal. Plus, I deal with Western Union all day every day at work. I don't need an over-sized reminder when I'm not working.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          hehehe - *pictures Baggie with waggling eyebrows* I'm still operating without MY computer...no Photoshop, just my husband's antiquated programs...arght! going through PS withdrawal ... how can I make pictures of my favorite mods without Photoshop???? *desperate*
          I'll see if I can coax the little bugger out and *snap!* Bob's your uncle.

Comment

I guess Bob's not my uncle today. Will keep trying.

Comment

Per the request, I've attached a screen cap of the WU ad, as well as the flash code.

Link to Source Code doc.

Edit: Oh, and here's the open code:

function dclkToObject(id) {
              if(document.layers){
              return (document.layers[id])?eval(document.layers[id]):null;
              }
              else if(document.all && !document.getElementById){
              return (eval("window."+id))?eval("window."+id):null;
              }
              else if(document.getElementById && document.body.style) {
              return (document.getElementById(id))?eval(document.getElementById(id)):null;
              }
              }

function dclkFlashWrite(string){
              document.write(string);
              }

function dclkFlashInnerHTML(htmlElementId,code){
              var x=dclkToObject(htmlElementId);
              if(x){
              if(document.getElementById||document.all){
              x.innerHTML='';
              x.innerHTML=code;
              }
              else if(document.layers){
              x.document.open();
              x.document.write(code);
              x.document.close();
              }
              }
              }
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Thanks,everyone!

While that ad loads,do you see a code that runs along the foot of the forum page?
                Usually it's a long line of letters and numbers .There should be a piece that says "googleads","doubleclick" or whichever server's loading the ad.
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thanks,everyone!

While that ad loads,do you see a code that runs along the foot of the forum page?
                  Usually it's a long line of letters and numbers .There should be a piece that says "googleads","doubleclick" or whichever server's loading the ad.
                  Don't see the ad load...it's just pops up as soon as you get into Gateworld. Maybe someone else might have some better luck.

And now a Jeep ad is doing the exact same thing......though that one says you have to click it on...I did not click it on..as I had just logged back onto GW.....so hopefully maybe that one was a glitch on my end.
                  sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

In the cap for the WU Ad,I noticed there's an option that ( theoretically) allows you to click the X to close the ad.Is that not working?

Comment

In the cap for the WU Ad,I noticed there's an option that ( theoretically) allows you to click the X to close the ad.Is that not working?
                      In my experience that works. It's not so much that the ad exists, I don't think, but that it loads and takes up your screen whether you touch it or not.
                      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Here's the link:

http://www.westernunion.com/usa?loca..._deskDMT_spgbd

Comment

Yes, there is an X that lets you close the ad. The issue that most are mentioning is not the X that lets you close...it's the issue that the ad just shows up and takes over the whole screen without clicking or scrolling on anything. It just shows up when it happens to be the next ad in the sequence...you can close it out but you shouldn't have to if you didn't choose to make it bigger.
                          sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Yes I know.Most ads stay closed till clicked : this one doesn't.

Hopefully Darren will be able to to get the ad removed at source on the basis of what everyone's posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                              Yes, there is an X that lets you close the ad. The issue that most are mentioning is not the X that lets you close...it's the issue that the ad just shows up and takes over the whole screen without clicking or scrolling on anything. It just shows up when it happens to be the next ad in the sequence...you can close it out but you shouldn't have to if you didn't choose to make it bigger.
                              Agreed!!! I've even made certain that my cursor is out of the way and it still does it.

Comment

It's the ad's marked "rollover", they trigger as soon as your cursor *touches* them, and often your cursor will be at the top, in the middle of your screen, hence the "auto-launch"

I swear If I see and hear another ad for Eysium (which is the AU default ad) I will SCREAM.

Yes, I can adblock, but adblock pretty much "non-tags" me for a possible revenue stream for gateworld.
                                I don't mind being a "possible", I loathe being a "EAT THIS MONKEY!!"
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X