Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the school computer I'm currently using, the SGU DVD ad automatically plays audio every time I load a page. It's pretty annoying...

Comment

Originally posted by wurlitzer153 View Post
      On the school computer I'm currently using, the SGU DVD ad automatically plays audio every time I load a page. It's pretty annoying...
      Happening again with the Skyline ad.

Comment

Well, I'm still having the problem with the advertisements I reported more than a month ago. I've just permanently enabled Ad-Block.
        A black hole swallowed this sig pic.

Comment

I've also just had a problem with the ads loading. On Google Chrome, earlier, every time I tried to do anything here on GW it would freeze with this add site loading

n4403ad.doubleclick.net

I switched to firefox and it didn't seem to cause a problem.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jper View Post
            Well, I'm still having the problem with the advertisements I reported more than a month ago. I've just permanently enabled Ad-Block.
            wait, why wouldn't you have done that in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Morbo View Post
              wait, why wouldn't you have done that in the first place?
              because it hides the problem, we want it taken care of

Comment

FYI guys,we all want these annoyances to be fixable,but without specific recent screencaps and links,it's often very difficult for Darren to locate the exact ad that's causing your problems.

A lot of the ads are tailored to suit your IP region,keywords in posts ,or are browser dictated.
                (eg : On Yahoo and IE8 and FireFox 3.6 ,I get very tired of seeing the "Yellow Pages" and on GW /other places.I already have the book so I can figure out how to use the services within.)
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I'm sorry to say that, while I read every post in this thread, most of the ad reports I've seen in recent weeks have been either impossible to track down (it's hard to find a specific ad if it's one served by Google Adsense), or easier to let the campaign run its course than to request a change or removal of an ad where the advertiser specifically wanted to be on GW (in the case where the ad is served by our primary provider, Gorilla Nation).

I'm afraid that you won't get any traction reporting ads that would fit the category of "Boy, that's annoying." But if multiple users end up experiencing an ad that is actually interfering with the use of the site, we'll flag it for Gorilla Nation and hopefully the next time they try the same sort of ad, they'll be able to fix the programming issue.

Thanks!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

for those that don't know, getting a screen cap on a window's puter is easy

when the ad is up, hit 'print screen' (upper right, on my lappy it's 'prnt scrn'

then open paint, a free program that all windows computers have(located in accessories) and choose 'file, paste'

that'll paste what's on your screen into paint and allow you to save it as a bit map

then we can see the client and can see if it can be tracked down.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

or if you have vista home preimuim or any version of windows 7 type in 'snipping tool' into the search box on start menu and you can use that

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w.../snipping-tool
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Pages for some reason are now spastically reloading on their own every few seconds unless I manually hit the stop button after every new page I open. Needless to say it's extraordinarily irritating.

I'm on Opera 10.63 Build 3516 running windows vista.

Edit: Update: I seem to have fixed this problem on my own by altering the way my browser loads pages. Still odd that it started happening in the first place though. Not 100% sure if it was add related, but they did seem to be refreshing every time the browser glitched.
                        Last edited by Ouroboros; 02 November 2010, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Please get rid of the headline banner ad for the movie 'Skyline'...every time the mouse runs over it, the ad triples in size and covers half the screen. Pain in the backside that one.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            Please get rid of the headline banner ad for the movie 'Skyline'...every time the mouse runs over it, the ad triples in size and covers half the screen. Pain in the backside that one.
                            then try not to put your mouse over it.
                            https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I was directed here to post the annoying Skyline ad that appears on the top of the page. I attached it, so I hope it works. Not sure how to find the coding for it, since that was advised as well. I have found a "close x" button in the top right of the space ship, but right-clicking on the large ad, and the ad in the bar on the top of the forum, doesn't give a website.

My beef is that it comes up, scares the life out of me, won't go away for about 5 secs unless you click "close x", and you can't click on anything else and nothing works until the ad is gone.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Rushd View Post
                                I was directed here to post the annoying Skyline ad that appears on the top of the page. I attached it, so I hope it works. Not sure how to find the coding for it, since that was advised as well. I have found a "close x" button in the top right of the space ship, but right-clicking on the large ad, and the ad in the bar on the top of the forum, doesn't give a website.

My beef is that it comes up, scares the life out of me, won't go away for about 5 secs unless you click "close x", and you can't click on anything else and nothing works until the ad is gone.

Rick click the ad, go to properties and then copy and paste the URL
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X