Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I subscribe a thread and it gets merged, the thread gets kicked off my subcription list. Is this suppose to happen? How can I prevent it?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
    Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by S.G.C
      Little old thread needs moving, where to...I have no idea

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24736
      done thanks for the heads up
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
        When I subscribe a thread and it gets merged, the thread gets kicked off my subcription list. Is this suppose to happen? How can I prevent it?
        I am not sure if that is supposed to happen, my guess would be that since that thread technically no longer exists it makes sense. I can only suggest that re-subscribe to the new thread. Possibly another Mod will have a better answer
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
          done thanks for the heads up
          No problem Tame

Comment

Threads need to be merged.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=23099
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=24720

Also, when am I going to get off MOD?

Comment

the first has been done, the second is under discussion
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                User titles are currently set in stone -- no changing or deactivating. It's part of the decoration.
                I think it's time for a makeover.

I view it the same as having an avatar you couldn't change or having the line 'Season 9 is great' under your name . Or for those that like S9 having 'Season 9 is terrible' under their name.

But on the other hand, I can understand how hard it can be to change certain things especially with software you didn't create. May I just suggest that this option is put in the file for the next time a major change is contemplated.

Thanks for all your hard work keeping this forun running.
                sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

I think it's inevitable that we make a change to the user title ladder. Based on some suggestions I've seen here I'm thinking that one day we will incorporate some sort of "guild" system using vBulletin's public usergroups, and each will have its own promotions ladder: Goa'uld, Ori, Wraith, Earth Military, etc.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Sci Fi Wire publishes ratings for new episodes two or three weeks after they air. We previously had another source to get them sooner, which unfortunately has dried up.

Comment

So Darren. *poke poke* Is the Ask Joe thread gonna stay sticky forever, or is it gonna be allowed to sink now that Joe's... on hiatus?

Comment

I think it's inevitable that we make a change to the user title ladder. Based on some suggestions I've seen here I'm thinking that one day we will incorporate some sort of "guild" system using vBulletin's public usergroups, and each will have its own promotions ladder: Goa'uld, Ori, Wraith, Earth Military, etc.
                        I like that idea. Good way to start using the groups.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          So Darren. *poke poke* Is the Ask Joe thread gonna stay sticky forever, or is it gonna be allowed to sink now that Joe's... on hiatus?
                          We'll unsticky it eventually. Right now a lot of the latest Q&A in there is still fairly current.

Comment

We'll unsticky it eventually. Right now a lot of the latest Q&A in there is still fairly current.
                            So was the stuff in Martin's thread, but I thought it was un-stickied almost immediately. But hey, whatever. Joe's a living god and Martin's just some schmuck who writes stuff, right?

Comment

Martin's thread was one of four or five stickies at the time. Joe's is now one of only two. I think two is the max number of stickies we like to have in any of the fast-moving sections, unless we can't avoid it.

Madeleine

Comment

Ok, I don't want to seem ungrateful, since technically this means I won, but why did the "last person to reply WINS" thread get locked?
                                Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

Working...
                                X