Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello again! I don't know if that's got it or not but I can certainly see my sig pic on FF after I uploaded it into my Media section. I don't recall that being the done thing back in the day on the old GW setup but it seems to be working now so if someone here could tell me what they're seeing then it would be much appreciated.

Speaking of media uploads and the old GW...back then there was a limit on how much we could add. Is that still the case or is it pretty much carte blanche now?

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
    K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
      Hello again! I don't know if that's got it or not but I can certainly see my sig pic on FF after I uploaded it into my Media section. I don't recall that being the done thing back in the day on the old GW setup but it seems to be working now so if someone here could tell me what they're seeing then it would be much appreciated.

Speaking of media uploads and the old GW...back then there was a limit on how much we could add. Is that still the case or is it pretty much carte blanche now?
      I'm seeing your sigpic just fine... if it's the Doctor Who one with "returning later in 2021 starring Jodie and Mandip".

I think I ran into a limit, or someone else did but I do think there's still a limit.

Also, I gave up on the sigpic a long while ago when I tried to change it and all I got was a big fat "computer says no" and nothing visible. Might try it again some day.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

I'm seeing your sigpic just fine... if it's the Doctor Who one with "returning later in 2021 starring Jodie and Mandip".

I think I ran into a limit, or someone else did but I do think there's still a limit.

Also, I gave up on the sigpic a long while ago when I tried to change it and all I got was a big fat "computer says no" and nothing visible. Might try it again some day.
        Yes! Wonderful! Glad its back up and running! Thanks for the confirmation!

After the GW update I'd assumed that signature pic uploads were a thing of the past and a function no longer supported. But I wholeheartedly recommend trying to get your sig pic back up. I had to switch it on first which enabled the writing in there but then it was just finding the best way to get the pic seen and that was via upload to my media section in my GW profile. Using a URL from Flickr did not work. I hope you'll give it a go and have success with it.

If it's true about there still being a media upload limit then that is a shame, but it's still workable.

BTW...liked your Little Britain reference.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD,THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
        K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Originally posted by Alan View Post
          BTW...liked your Little Britain reference.
          It's a big favorite of mine, and many of my colleagues.

I program automated processes so yeah... I sometimes even use it as an exception message when something goes wrong.

Comment

Okay, oddity happening... I logged into the main site and wanted to post a reply to a comment which I was unable to do so tried it as a comment to an article but that also didn't work. Kept getting the notification: Nonce is invalid... or some such.

Any ideas?

Comment

Very strange! Both that wording in the notification and in not being able to post over there.

Which article were you trying to reply to? I replied to the article about Stargate being taken off US Streaming services as a test - post, and it's awaiting approval.(Vanished when I refreshed that page.)
              I didn't hit any error codes or messages via FF latest version and Win 10.

Will forward all this onto Darren.Can you see if you can take a cap of that message?
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                Very strange! Both that wording in the notification and in not being able to post over there.

Which article were you trying to reply to? I replied to the article about Stargate being taken off US Streaming services as a test - post, and it's awaiting approval.(Vanished when I refreshed that page.)
                I didn't hit any error codes or messages via FF latest version and Win 10.

Will forward all this onto Darren.Can you see if you can take a cap of that message?
                I shall try... if I can recreate it. No promises.

Comment

Thanks and good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                    Thanks and good luck!
                    Not fast enough for a screengrab so one screenprint later...
                    NonceIsInvalid.png
                    I don't see the Lemming avatar which is visible above where I write a new comment, which I tried as well... but gave me the exact same result: Nonce is invalid.

I did a quick google search for the error and found that it has something to do with wordpress and caching issues. I have set my browser settings to delete all cookies and data when I close my browsers.

I just cleaned out the browsing data so maybe that might help... *refreshes page* ...nope, still an invalid nonce but the comment was posted... heh...

Anywho... it seems to be resolved with a clean out and a refresh. However, I'll leave it here for reference.

Comment

Weird! I am not sure where the error is coming from, but I just flushed the cache on the server side as well.

Let me know if it persists consistently, and I'll see if Greg can figure out anything.
                      GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                      The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                      Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

How do you rank up, Like to Master Sergeant or smth

Comment

Can I see if anyone here wants to join my Stargate Discord or does that count as against the rules?

Comment

What Forums Software do you use for this website?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash View Post
                              How do you rank up, Like to Master Sergeant or smth
                              Make posts.The more you make,the higher you "rank up" so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Cash View Post
                                Can I see if anyone here wants to join my Stargate Discord or does that count as against the rules?
                                Create a thread for it in Stargate Fandom and see how it goes.

Comment

Working...
                                X