Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Chrome and get the lag when it does happen. Right now the forum is fine, so it must be one of those things that comes and goes.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
      They aren't on probie and deleted some of their own posts.
      ( I think she must have thought they hadn't gone through?)
      Ah, deletion... didn't think of that. Thanks!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey, Does anyone know how to gain reputation? is it through making tons of posts or getting likes?

Comment

Originally posted by Cash View Post
          Hey, Does anyone know how to gain reputation? is it through making tons of posts or getting likes?
          Reputation giving/recieving hasn't been possible since the forum upgrade last year.I think Darren would like to re-customise the feature but so far - nothing from vbulletin to help him achieve that.
          Making a ton of posts wouldn't have made any difference,anyway,and good posts stand out whether you get a point or not.

The "Likes" and e-mails don't gather any real bonuses either.All you get is an e-mail letting you know someone liked your post,and you could probably judge your post was popular if it got lots of likes.

The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The reputation feature has been abused in the past but gotta admit... giving out greens during festive periods was fun! Do miss that feature, to be honest.

Comment

At first it was interesting to see green bars, & see if they increased. (And I never did work out why they increased for me, if they did).
              But with this new version of the forum we all had the full 10 bars, & only 'mouse-over' would reveal a 'rank'
              I went from being a popular member of the SGC to having my pick of the jobs at the SGC (I think)
              But I never asked what the jobs were so I could pick one.
              So of late the bars meant nothing, & now they are all white they could be considered racist, & maybe should be black & white (or white & black) alternately.
              Or to be all inclusive. Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo and Violet. And maybe add Black, White and Brown to make up the 10 bars.

I am not being serious, I think Darren & Greg have enough on their plates trying to fix the forum glitches without worrying about the bars. But it was amusing when they worked as intended.
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

I just figured the reps were disabled, when I noticed the green color missing, until main issue was sorted out and fixed.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

The whited-out rep bars might be a broken template - or could be vbb overruling the display.It hasn't been removed by Darren or Greg.

I tried out the Likes on you guys' posts.Doesn't look like that's working either ,or that could be another lag.

I miss the Season's Greenings too,but I'm also all for equality,so I suppose if it's gone,it's gone.

Anyhoo...I've e-mailed Darren to let him know about the most recent glitches,code errors etc.
                  ( See the other thread you guys have been posting to - ie the one about the forum updates to vb5.)

Comment

Update: we think the rep display white-out and some of the other lags are a problem with the Server.The other issues are vb bugs/glitches.

Greg will suss it out I'm sure.

Comment

Of Greg needs more Unicorn tears and twine... I have some lying around, I think. Twine for sure, the unicorn tears might have just run out.

Comment

Poor Unicorn.*sets up a saline drip to rehydrate them*

Comment

Hi! I'm not sure if this is the right thread for bug reports, but I haven't been able to edit posts for a day or so, and various navigation buttons aren't working (eg: clicking "next" on a thread does nothing, some settings buttons don't do anything, etc). Is there an update going on, or other bugs that you guys are aware of? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
                          ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss
                            Poor Unicorn.*sets up a saline drip to rehydrate them*
                            Look like we are going to need a whole more drips of saline. I would like to second LiliJ's post that editing text is not possible, that the next-button is not functioning, neither are the pagenumber-buttons. Also, unable to login with Firefox or Chrome (the latter I already mentioned), but FF is new as of today.

Comment

As you can see, text lay-out comes out like a block of text so I'm going to put the next bit in quotes to keep it from getting lost inside a lot of letters:
                              Each time I hit post reply, I'm send this page and get the following notification: https://forum.gateworld.net/create-content/text ---- {nodeId:16726092}
                              When I click back and return to the page, the post did go through.

Comment

Thanks,Lili and FH. Passed all this and the problems reported in the GateWorld Software Upgrade thread on to Darren,plus the latest stuff I've noticed testing other threads etc. I had a more elaborate post in mind but I give up!

Comment

Working...
                                X