• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...What's the noodle of doom?

Comment

Originally posted by firefly827347 View Post
      ...What's the noodle of doom?
      It's Skydiver's weapon of choice. Mine is the paddle. And of course they're both equally deadly, so beware...!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        be lucky you've never been on the receiving end.
        lol

*prays*
        I think you are right....
        sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Hey all! There are many great threads to play with the mods, but this thread is meant for serious forum inquiries. Please do not chat in this thread.

Thanks!
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Two question...I have reached 1000 post, can I change my Avatar? Second...for what reason there is just one Daniel Avatar? There are 4 Mitchell, 4 Vala and 2 Jonas even -!?!?!- WHY?????
            sigpic
            Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Nope, custom av's don't become availabile until some mysterious mark above 1800-2000 posts (it's a combination of # of posts and the time you've been here).

As for why no more Daniel avs...... er, no idea, perhaps because he's such a popular character his is one of the avs you can only get at the higher post level - I think a similar thing is true for Jack - such are the mysteries of Darren's mind

Comment

Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                Nope, custom av's don't become availabile until some mysterious mark above 1800-2000 posts (it's a combination of # of posts and the time you've been here).

As for why no more Daniel avs...... er, no idea, perhaps because he's such a popular character his is one of the avs you can only get at the higher post level - I think a similar thing is true for Jack - such are the mysteries of Darren's mind
                I have gone on bonus maine characters and I have found a lot of Daniel, and now I have changed my Avatar!!!!
                sigpic
                Sig made by slizzie1986

Comment

Hi i am not sure where to ask this so i will ask it here.

Why no Asgard character Avatars? I looked all throughtout Allies and main characters and saw none!

Am i looking in the wrong place or are there infact NO asgard avatars. If so why not? You have random characters from single epsiodes in the allies section but not everyones fav little grey Guys?

As it would make sense for me to have a decent Thor Avatar since my name is MechaThor!
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

i believe that there are asgard avavtars, they are just available once you have more posts

or...somewhere around 2000 posts, you'll be eligible for a custom av, and you can have an asgard one then
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I have a question which is, granted, rather trivial. I'm just curious.

When a person votes to rate a thread, can they vote more than once in the same thread? The board seems to allow multiple votes, but I don't know if the votes (over the first one) actually count towards the overall rating.

Thanks

Comment

not really
                        you vote once.

but, from how i understand it, the more you post in the thread, with your rating, the more that rating counts, if that makes any sense

the rating system is an average of all posts.

so, say there are 10 posts in a thread. 5 with 5 stars, 5 with no stars. the rating would be 2.5 stars because it takes rating per post divided by the number of posts.

so if 7 of the 10 people vote 5 stars, then it'll be 4 stars, and if 9 or 10 of the 10 vote 5 stars, it'll be five

(give or take of course)

so technically, you only vote once. but every post you make in that thread with your rating coutns towards the average
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I would guess that if the system allows you to vote more than once for a particular thread, you are probably changing your one vote each time.
                          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Does a thread require a certain number of posts or is there a minimum posting requirement before your ratings show up? I'm asking, because I tried to rate a thread and got a message saying my vote had counted and nothing showed up. Is rating threads enabled in the B5 forum? I have been able to add my vote to threads which already have a row of stars.

On a related issue, I can't seem to be able to give rep points to anyone, i. e. nothing happens when I click on the green squares. I did try the FAQ but it didn't help.

Is this a firefox issue?
                            Last edited by maneth; 10 September 2007, 12:51 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

If you're the first or second person to rate a thread, nothing happens. The rating gets stored, but no actual stars are granted yet. There's a minimum number of posters who need to rate a thread before it gets its stars.

If you rate a thread and your rating is the same as everyone else has already given it, or similar (if you want to give it five stars and it currently has four) then your individual vote won't make much difference. And even if you want to give a dramatically different vote from the current rating, if a lot of people voted to give it its current rating, you're unlikely to notice any effect by your vote. It's the maths.

And Rep Points? Don't click on the green squares. Click on the weighing scales icon just above the green blocks.

Madeleine

Comment

What mod day is it today???? i forgot what Tuesday was

Comment

Working...
                                X