Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know which threads you're referring to,but when "Probies'" or other moderated users' posts appear in general discussion threads,they carry the electronic time-stamp data of the time the posts were queued by the person,not the time at which they were actually cleared by a Moderator.
    We can't guarantee instant clearance,but we try to get those posts through as quickly as possible.

In the game threads it's always been the case that players can accidentally miss a page or pick up from the wrong list when they copy/paste.
    ( Done it myself and sorted it out in-thread years ago.)

Generally speaking,the mods leave the Add ,H& H and word games alone because of the sheer volume and speed of play there,plus we know other players catch errors and sort things out less formally ,but if there's a specific thread that's been disrupted,let us know via report or pm and we'll take a look .
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

I know about Probie posts appearing later. The ones I'm referring to are posts by long established members. Look here http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...3#post13501853 at the post above mine today by Bluray and then on the 15th by Cold Fuzz. I've missed a whole page of voting myself as well but this thread has only just started so it seems very odd.

The other thread I was talking about was this one http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...rviews/page305. Flyboy's post (no 6089) was the post I was replying to. Posts no 6091 and 6092 were not there when I replied but magically appeared later. It looks like I was ignoring a couple of people who had already answered the question

Anyway, I'll keep my eye on it Baggie & report anything further I see.

Comment

Originally posted by Blencathra View Post
        I know about Probie posts appearing later. The ones I'm referring to are posts by long established members. Look here http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...3#post13501853 at the post above mine today by Bluray and then on the 15th by Cold Fuzz. I've missed a whole page of voting myself as well but this thread has only just started so it seems very odd.
        Human error on their part,that's all.Seeing the game's running fine now ,no harm done.

Originally posted by Blencathra
        The other thread I was talking about was this one http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/2...rviews/page305. Flyboy's post (no 6089) was the post I was replying to. Posts no 6091 and 6092 were not there when I replied but magically appeared later. It looks like I was ignoring a couple of people who had already answered the question
        Teddy'd edited his post,and then Flyboy answered.No vbb glitch or mod intervention involved.

Thought : could be your browser had a hiccup and was still holding the slightly older view of that thread while you were creating your post.

I've sometimes found I should've done a ctrl f5 or checked via Post preview in *this* thread because a different Mod had already answered a question while I was typing.

Originally posted by Blencathra
        Anyway, I'll keep my eye on it Baggie & report anything further I see.
        Thanks!

Comment

^ As a folllow up re the Game threads,I've just posted this to the Stargate Fun/Games section list of Game Rules ,as a request/reminder to all players :

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Reminder to all Gamers :

One thing to add in here ,because it's something that will help the games run more smoothly : PLEASE check you've picked up and copy/pasted the correct list when you play in the H & H ,Vote Games and any other relevant threads.

The Mods really would prefer to keep this section and the other game threads throughout the Forum as fun and "Un-modded" as possible.

At the same time,please don't feel offended or singled out if your posts/tallies are corrected in the threads by other players or a Moderator.

Thanks,everyone!
          The Guidelines for the Stargate Fun/Games threads and the more general list of game rules are both "stickied" in the Fun/Games section should anyone wish to check any details out.

Comment

Originally posted by Girlbot View Post
            Will there be a theme weekend this month?
            Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
            Yep!
            Details will be revealed soon.
            Did I miss it?
            sigpic

Comment

no, I went on vacation and got busy and never got around to coming up with one.
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

okay no problem. I think taking a month off is a good thing
                sigpic

Comment

I had good intentions, even had a theme, just lack the time to come up with anything. It was supposed to have been this last weekend, but I wasn't even near the internet friday to change them.

So sorry folks, no theme for september. real life reared its ugly head.

sigpic

Comment

color me disappointed
                    sigpic

Comment

These things happen.

Better luck next time round.We have some nice ideas in the pipeline and that's all I'm saying at this point...

Comment

Can the episode 205 thread be unlocked in the Grimm forum please? The episode ended a few minutes ago. Thanks.
                        "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Thank you!
                          "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

You're welcome

sigpic

Comment

In any case, it'll be Halloween soon!
                              sigpic

Comment

Is it premissable to get out on screen names changed for Halloween?
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X