Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had several threads just VANISH off the news page with no indication of where they went. Why did that happen and why is there no notice? It used to be when threads were moved you'd have a few days of 'it's been moved to....'

It's becoming increasing frustrating as links I bookmark no longer work and fans were participating in some interesting chats.

PS I would have asked a moderator except I have no idea who did it.
    Last edited by prion; 13 July 2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
      Is there a hiccup causing folks to bounce to the GW main site or is there something funky with the comp I'm using.

I manually typed in the addy for the forum and wound up on the main site. I clicked on the forum link and got the forum page, but when I typed in my name and password, I got bounced to the main site again. Took a few tries before I could successfully log in.
      I am guessing this was a glitch of the moment...however if it continues to happen let us know and we will make sure Greg is made aware of it.

Just PM any one of us with details of exactly what is happening and we will pass that along

If anyone else is experiencing this same issue please PM us as well.

We don't need a bunch of messages here saying you are fine nor do we need a bunch telling us they have the same problem.... a PM will surffice
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Originally posted by prion
        I've had several threads just VANISH off the news page with no indication of where they went. Why did that happen and why is there no notice? It used to be when threads were moved you'd have a few days of 'it's been moved to....'

It's becoming increasing frustrating as links I bookmark no longer work and fans were participating in some interesting chats.

If these are news threads you are alluding to then they are probably being merged and alot of the time we pull the *This thread has moved* for a cleaner look in the *News Folder*.

My suggestion to you would be to look first if the *Topic* does have a thread and see if possibly your thread was merged into it and if you posted in the thread ...look at your profile and then click on *all posts made by....you* and see if you can't click on one of your posts in that thread and then make a note of the thread's new location.

Unfortunately we just do not have the time to notify each and every person of a thread merge.

Housekeeping is what it is and we do try to keep the more High Traffic areas neater and stream-lined and sometimes that means you have to do a bit more looking for a thread that only had one or two posts to begin with in it.
        Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

they didn't disappear. they were merged in with the news thread...where there were identitical posts about them just by another author
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
            they didn't disappear. they were merged in with the news thread...where there were identitical posts about them just by another author
            Hopefully this won't get erased, but it would be appreciated if the move was noted because I, like many other fans on this board, do not read every single post (I finally found it). Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
              Unfortunately we just do not have the time to notify each and every person of a thread merge.

Housekeeping is what it is and we do try to keep the more High Traffic areas neater and stream-lined and sometimes that means you have to do a bit more looking for a thread that only had one or two posts to begin with in it.
              Just a suggestion, I don't know how many threads are moved/merged a day, but would it be possible to create a thread that only the moderators could post to that lists 1 line for each action.

xxx thread moved to yyy thread
              Abc thread removed for moderation.

That way people could check and not bother the moderators. Of course not everyone will but it might cut down the inquiries.
              sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Hopefully this won't get erased, but it would be appreciated if the move was noted because I, like many other fans on this board, do not read every single post (I finally found it). Thanks.
                I will repost my answer to you since I did address the issue you are alluding to

If these are news threads you are alluding to then they are probably being merged and alot of the time we pull the *This thread has moved* for a cleaner look in the *News Folder*.

My suggestion to you would be to look first if the *Topic* does have a thread and see if possibly your thread was merged into it and if you posted in the thread ...look at your profile and then click on *all posts made by....you* and see if you can't click on one of your posts in that thread and then make a note of the thread's new location.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm
                  Just a suggestion, I don't know how many threads are moved/merged a day, but would it be possible to create a thread that only the moderators could post to that lists 1 line for each action.

xxx thread moved to yyy thread
                  Abc thread removed for moderation.

That way people could check and not bother the moderators. Of course not everyone will but it might cut down the inquiries.
                  I will repost my answer to the above poster for you as well

since this addresses your question as well

see bolded part

Comment

The server got over-busy a few days ago. Therefore, do you guys (and by that, I mean Greg) think the site is ready for the season premiers?

Comment

i'll let you know in about 13 hours

sigpic

Comment

So far so good...

Another question: what's the "Fan Reviews" section? Or is there going to be an official announcement regarding this later?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                          Another question: what's the "Fan Reviews" section? Or is there going to be an official announcement regarding this later?
                          I'm going to hazard a guess and say it's a section for fans to post reviews.
                          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well...yeah.

But what about the episode threads themselves? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, are these reviews presented as such, and not just small blurbs saying "this ep rox!!!!/sux!!!!"? Because technically all of the posts in the episode threads are reviews, some just more detailed or coherent than the others.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15
                              So far so good...

there will be clear and defined guidelines in the first post of the thread.

in a very small nutshell, the review thread is just that, a place for folks to post thier review of the episode.

it is NOT a place to discuss the episodes. It is NOT a place to discuss the reviews.

John Doe watches Flesh and Blood. He sits down, types up a review and he posts it. If it meets the guidelines of the thread, the mods will approve it and it will be visible. If it does not, it will not be approved and will go away.

sigpic

Comment

Is my sig breaking any spoiler rules? I dont think the pictures give anything away.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X