This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lexijo View Post
    Hi Mods!! I'm new here, and it's been a VERY long time since I've posted on any board, anywhere so I kind of forget how it all works (that, and I'm fairly techie illiterate). That being said, I have a couple of questions ~ 1) I tried to edit my profile, but it says I can't (maybe 'cuz I'm new?) and 2) I attended the Mpls Stargate convention and would love to share some of my pix with the board, but don't know how. Any help would be very appreciated . . . thanks :-)
    probies, which is what all new members are, can't change their profile...we had spammers using the profiles to spread their junk, so it was locked out.

as to posting pics, ask in the members helping members thread, I'm sure someone there can give you a hand with a how to
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      i know if you google it, there's an Ancient font, but I have no idea if they meant to have a word in the graphics or if they're just there cause they look neat. That's a question for Darren (site owner)
      here's the link - exclusively from TheSciFiworld.net!
      And I think the wallpaper says Gateworld - I will have to go through and translate through most of the gibberish again

Comment

Thanks! I'll get "hunting" :-)

Comment

lol, thank you. ya i translated it and most is gibberish. the only real word i found was "world". but thanks again, General Jumper One

Comment

Hi again! Just curious how one goes about editing a post. Is that something that I can do once I've posted a certain number of items? The reason I ask is I goofed a link to one of the pictures I posted in the Mpls Convention thread (#282) and it doesn't go anywhere. I thought I'd fix it, but that's not an option. Help?

Comment

unfortunately, yes. We had to take away that privilege for probies because spammers were getting their posts cleared, ,then were going back and editing them to put their junk links in.

For your post, please report it (the little triangle down in the lower left corner) and tell the mods what link is bad and what it needs to be edited to, and we'll edit it for you.

It sucks that we have to do this, and we know it's a pain, but persistent spamming has made us have to take this step.

sigpic

Comment

Can a mod please move my thread, "If you had the Time-Jumper...", to the Fun and Games Section. Please.

Comment

Done.
                  sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

next time please use the report post feature. If you post your request in this thread, y ou're at the mercy of whichever mod has time to read it and then do the task, if you do the report post feature, we all get an e-mail and we can do it more quickly.

thanks

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                        unfortunately, yes. We had to take away that privilege for probies because spammers were getting their posts cleared, ,then were going back and editing them to put their junk links in.

For your post, please report it (the little triangle down in the lower left corner) and tell the mods what link is bad and what it needs to be edited to, and we'll edit it for you.

It sucks that we have to do this, and we know it's a pain, but persistent spamming has made us have to take this step.
                        Thanks so much for the tip . . . I'll go do that

Comment

Just a heads up - VB 4.0.4 patch will be applied later today which should fix a large number of faults with templates/IE bugs and so forth.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg View Post
                            Just a heads up - VB 4.0.4 patch will be applied later today which should fix a large number of faults with templates/IE bugs and so forth.
                            Including the search function that hasn't been working since we started using VB4?

"Absence of Evidence is not Evidence of Absence"

Comment

well the upgrade is done - you'll need to test the search for yourself to determine if it is working or not as I was unaware of any issues with it.

Comment

I can't reach any profiles including my own. I keep getting this message.
                                Fatal error: Class 'vBCms_Route_List' not found in /home/gwforum/public_html/member.php on line 567
                                http://youtu.be/mXiMpdrapgg(Lazlo's latest movie "Space Captain"http://orionspace.info/index.php Lazlo's home
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X