This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by captain jake
    No not the blocks the little dot up next to the persons avatar.
    that indicates 'on line' ' off line' or 'unknown' status for posters
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

In a perfect world - like with no real lives - each mod has an area that he or her are responsible for. However, they are not constrained to any one folder. Reported posts are usually handled on a 'first come, first served' basis. Whomever is online handles it, whatever it is.

We also cover for each other as things come up, vacations, business trips, etc.

sigpic

Comment

Does the adminastration get payed (not the mods)?
        sigpic

Comment

This may be for Darren or Greg. How come the forum has been going down for at least a half hour every day?

Comment

A question about image posting. Mainly, does the 700 rule apply to images behind spoiler cuts? I often post 1024x768 wallpapers behind spoiler cuts and similar sized pictures. example I'm on dialup and I know how annoying it is to have lots of pictures in the viewable part of the post but I've found pics behind spoilers aren't a problem if I don't click the show button. Also whats the vertical limit? 700 across isn't much help if its 5000 down.
            What's the offical line?

Comment

Originally posted by bella
              A question about image posting. Mainly, does the 700 rule apply to images behind spoiler cuts? I often post 1024x768 wallpapers behind spoiler cuts and similar sized pictures. example I'm on dialup and I know how annoying it is to have lots of pictures in the viewable part of the post but I've found pics behind spoilers aren't a problem if I don't click the show button. Also whats the vertical limit? 700 across isn't much help if its 5000 down.
              What's the offical line?
              The vertical limit is "within reason." As far as posting large images under a spoiler tag, that's fine.
              Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by captain jake
                Does the adminastration get payed (not the mods)?
                The Administration is also the Owner so it is up to him to answer this question since it is of such a personal nature
                Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Could a mod please put up the latest Doctor Who episode thread "The Impossible Planet" please, thanks

Edit: Wow quick response thanks again.
                  Last edited by The Signal; 03 June 2006, 11:02 AM.
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                  - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by TameFarrar
                    The Administration is also the Owner so it is up to him to answer this question since it is of such a personal nature
                    It is a bit personal. I'd prefer not to get into it.
                    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Hi, maybe its just no one saw this, or they saw it and forgot about it, but I'd really like an official response here:
                      http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...54#post5360154

Sorry to double post, but it seems that I'm not the only person having problems
                      sigpic
                      Sig from Kat Logan VIA SilverRider

SIX YEARS OF ROLEPLAYING ON GATEWORLD!

Join the Aftermath RP

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                        what madeleine said.

prove to us that it deserves a sub forum. start threads (and don't spam) and if there's enough activity, it will be considered.

I want to start a new thread about the show to hear the opinions of others and so forth. But the 1st thread, 4400 (spoilers), is so general I not sure if I started another thread if it would be considered spamming. For those who are familar with the show, it is about the Lily-Richard-Isabel sub-plot. Is that alright?

Comment

harsh critic, go ahead and start your second thread. jsut make sure to clearly state the topic. something like : the 4400: the Lily, Richard, Isabel sub plot discussion

and that should differentiate it from the ongoing general discussion thread

Colonel Sharp, your question is best answered by Darren or Greg, which is why all of us have let it be. We really have nothing to do with the coding on the forum.

sigpic

Comment

Out of curiosity, can anyone ask for a thread to be removed if it's reached it's conclusion?

Edit: Specifically, what are the guidelines on thread removal, despite the obvious deletion for breaking forum rules.
                            Cogito ergo dubito.

"How happy are the astrologers if they tell one truth to a hundred lies, while other people lose all credibility if they tell one lie to a hundred truths." - Francesco Guicciardini

An escalator can never be broken, it can only become stairs. You never see "Escalator temporarily out of service." It's "Escalator temporarily stairs. Sorry for the convenience." - Mitch Hedberg

Comment

our preference is to not delete a thread. if it's reached its end, people will stop talking adn the thread will drop down

if you have a question about a specific thread, pm me or one of the other mods

sigpic

Comment

Why has a moderator deleted my post actually in a thread about the outages of the forums? I haven't said anything insulting. There were a couple of people who were discussing abour grammar problems but where is my post ?
                                Lord Zedd

Comment

Working...
                                X