• Show
Clear All

Done!
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post

and as Alan said: thanks for running a nice and clean forum for us
      I second...er, third that!

And on that subject, is there a way to look back at my posts to see if I've used wording that goes against GW policy against profanity? While I sometimes say words I shouldn't when I'm alone or with people I know won't be offended by it, I've developed a habit of using ****** in place of the bad words so others won't be offended (let's face it. some characters would use those words and I don't want to put them out there for everyone to read) and because my nephews are online and I don't want them to see or hear them from me. It's also my habit to use ****** in my writing for the same reasons.

Also, is there a way to set a profanity filter?

Comment

Originally posted by FanGirl View Post

And on that subject, is there a way to look back at my posts to see if I've used wording that goes against GW policy against profanity? While I sometimes say words I shouldn't when I'm alone or with people I know won't be offended by it, I've developed a habit of using ****** in place of the bad words so others won't be offended (let's face it. some characters would use those words and I don't want to put them out there for everyone to read) and because my nephews are online and I don't want them to see or hear them from me. It's also my habit to use ****** in my writing for the same reasons.

Also, is there a way to set a profanity filter?
        I suppose you could use the Advanced search engine to go back through your posts,but that mightn't find what you're looking for.
        There's a "Search thread" button in all threads too,but again,that could take a long time if you wanted to recheck all your old posts to and beyond the first 200 per thread.

Bleeped stuff's usually ok as far the GW Profanity filter's concerned anyway,and isn't a rule breaker in itself.The context is the key part.He doesn't want the place filled with strong language.

There's an example of what Darren allows here :(Link)

Is that the kind of filtering you had in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          I suppose you could use the Advanced search engine to go back through your posts,but that mightn't find what you're looking for.
          There's a "Search thread" button in all threads too,but again,that could take a long time if you wanted to recheck all your old posts to and beyond the first 200 per thread.

Bleeped stuff's usually ok as far the GW Profanity filter's concerned anyway,and isn't a rule breaker in itself.The context is the key part.He doesn't want the place filled with strong language.

There's an example of what Darren allows here :(Link)

Is that the kind of filtering you had in mind?
          Not sure. But thanks. Awaiting a response from my detractor. He's Down Under so it might be a while.

Comment

Righto.

Comment

Who can add a poll to a thread and how do you do this?
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Mods/Admins can create Polls.However,they're created on a case-by-case basis.

You haven't said which thread you're referring to yet ,so this is general advice:

Use the Report feature in the opening post of the thread you want us to add the poll to,then type the options you want included into the pop-up box that appears.

We'll take a look once the e-mail goes through,and either create the Poll or get back to you if there are any problems.

Comment

Brilliant, thanks Bagpuss. It's for the Sam and Jack ship discussion and appreciation thread 2.0 .
                  Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                  If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Not sure. But thanks. Awaiting a response from my detractor. He's Down Under so it might be a while.
                    So I heard back and it seems that he had something else in mind when he sent the PM.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                      Brilliant, thanks Bagpuss. It's for the Sam and Jack ship discussion and appreciation thread 2.0 .
                      Under discussion.

So I heard back and it seems that he had something else in mind when he sent the PM.
                      Glad that's resolved.Thanks for letting me know!

Comment

Mmmm..not sure if it's my computer, it's cache or GW playing up, but I don't seem to be able to "edit" my posts atm...also I have to keep refreshing the page before I can actually post a reply...

Anyone else experiencing the same problems? ..

Deeds xx
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

This has come up a few times from others in recent months.

I'm guessing you're on one of the newer versions of Windows 8 (?) and running Chrome?

Simply clearing your cache,cookies and browser might clear the problem ,and if not: check your apps,plug-ins and add-ons.A reboot can often clear a lagging program too.

Let me know how you get on.

Comment

Okies..have repeated myself in a PM to you about this too....

It wouldn't let me edit the PM either....will be doing a good old clear out tomorrow on the comp...

Deeds xx
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                              This has come up a few times from others in recent months.

I'm guessing you're on one of the newer versions of Windows 8 (?) and running Chrome?

Simply clearing your cache,cookies and browser might clear the problem ,and if not: check your apps,plug-ins and add-ons.A reboot can often clear a lagging program too.

Let me know how you get on.

Clearing the cache seems to have worked...(hence the quote)

xoxo
                              sigpic

Comment

Glad it's fixed and all's well again!

Comment

Working...
                                X