No announcement yet.

Repair Bot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can see the bot pootering around on top of the dome when Tj shows Caine their repaired dome room for the first time.

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
      Just found the following image, appears they made the floor alot deeper than it was previously.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__...stiny_leak.jpg
      Hmm...

The room looks to be different, but we really only saw glimpse of it in the pilot, plus it was a lot darker. Minor differences won't bother me, and the dome room is still awesome.
      sigpic

Comment

perhaps its a different dome altogether, the sheer size suggests that there could be a smaller dome, although i havn't seen the outside of destiny enough to notice it..

Comment

Originally posted by Forgottensmoke View Post
          perhaps its a different dome altogether, the sheer size suggests that there could be a smaller dome, although i havn't seen the outside of destiny enough to notice it..
          Oh yes, I had totally forgotten that Destiny had another dome we completely missed. Must be on the ship's underside, of course!
          ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

I'm sorry to upset you so much. The newer dome is so much more larger then the original dome and as 'Kirmit' said only after seeing the newer dome did he get a grasp of how large destiny really was, whose to say there isn't a smaller dome not so noticeable.

Comment

Originally posted by MattSilver 3k View Post
              Oh yes, I had totally forgotten that Destiny had another dome we completely missed. Must be on the ship's underside, of course!
              It not on the underside, look in the back ground an you can see the pyramid.

Comment

The dome it's self doesn't look any bigger at all to me. The difference is in everything beneath the rim of the dome, especially the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesjos View Post
                  The dome it's self doesn't look any bigger at all to me. The difference is in everything beneath the rim of the dome, especially the floor.
                  Yeah, it actually looks like the floor dropped out a level, or the wall raised up a level. That's the only difference I really see.

Comment

I am in complete agreement, a ship this size would have many repair bots in order to maintain the ship properly. Also, if there were only one and it should malfunction, who would repair it? It makes no sense at all that the Ancients would have constructed just the one repair bot for the Destiny. After all, this series isn't The Highlander and there can be only one.

Comment

Originally posted by KlaxxonBlue View Post
                      I saw that. It's very impressive how much plant life they have going now.

The ship is coming together nicely.
                      Im hoping we'll get some more shots of the dome toward the end of the season to see it flourishing with plant life or all sorts that they've gathered from various planets
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Maybe the floor can move up/down.

Comment

I think in the 2nd shot with TJ and Caine they've gone down the stairs to a lower level, which is why the walls appear to be higher.

The thing about the robot, and why I think there's only one, is that you apparently have to program it manually. Otherwise it would've already been working for the last million years and the ship would look brand new. If it were fully automated, then I can see why you'd have a whole swarm of them. But if each one has to wait hours, days, or even weeks for instructions from the ship's inhabitants, then there's really no point in having a whole bay full of them just sitting there.

I still think they should have at least two, though, so they could fix each other. Maybe the robot's systems are simple enough to be maintained by hand?

Comment

Looking at the picture again I noticed something... the flower beds fit too well to be a shoe in. So, I guess this is the writers explanation for the dome. It was meant to be the botanical all along unless they've found something to make flower beds that fit perfectly into the space like that.

Comment

Originally posted by dgh64 View Post
                              I think in the 2nd shot with TJ and Caine they've gone down the stairs to a lower level, which is why the walls appear to be higher.
                              The scale of the steps kinda throws it all off though. I think they used the exact same dome but they've made everything underneath it smaller to look like the space underneath is much bigger. You can tell there isn't just some optical illusion going on since in one picture the wall on the gangway is tall enough to have doors (and has doors) while the other is not.

Comment

Hey, just thought of something... maybe they're standing on the opposite side. Maybe that wall with the doors just goes part way around, like a big C, and on the other side the dome goes all the way down to deck level. So the picture is just taken from the other side of the room.

Comment

Working...
                                X