Repair Bot!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Destiny View Post
    This is probably nice too, I hope we see the dome more often. Is it a set, or backgroundpicture/CGI?
    I'm thinking it's mainly CGI at the moment, but I think the basic ground and some of the walling is a set.
    SyFy: "Are you SGU fans done asking for a third season?"
    SGU Fans: "WE'LL NEVER BE DONE!"

SAVE SGU! SGU CAMPAIGNS ARE UNITING AT SG:UNITE!
    ACTION PLAN TO GET SGU SEASON 3!

I have gotten 15 people hooked on SGU. How many more can you get? ‎
    Spoiler:
    *beep*
    Young: "What the hell was that?"
    Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

I've just compared the dome from season 1 ep 2 to season 2's ep 9 and the dome is definitely deeper now. It has many more stairs too. A good move though, makes it much more interesting.
      I'm wondering where the light for the plants is coming from - the lighting on the side doesn't seem nearly sufficient. Perhaps these plants don't require a lot of sun light.

(PS, sorry to double post, I cannot edit my posts yet - I guess because I am new to the forum, also I am waiting for my previous comment to be approved too.)

Spoiler:
      *beep*
      Eli: "It's Destiny letting us know it finished assembling the simulation. Either that or pi is done."

Comment

Originally posted by Mozzza View Post
        I've just compared the dome from season 1 ep 2 to season 2's ep 9 and the dome is definitely deeper now. It has many more stairs too. A good move though, makes it much more interesting.
        I'm wondering where the light for the plants is coming from - the lighting on the side doesn't seem nearly sufficient. Perhaps these plants don't require a lot of sun light.

(PS, sorry to double post, I cannot edit my posts yet - I guess because I am new to the forum, also I am waiting for my previous comment to be approved too.)
        Perhaps the dome itself can produce light, which would be cool, the repairs has not been completed yet so that function might of been ready to activate. Or perhaps they have yet to install the lights into the dome yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Holmes View Post
          Actually, it's not that much of a stretch to believe that the shield is attenuating the light to less-than-lethal levels. Remember that when they ejected the Kino behind the shuttle, it only transmitted as long as it was out of the direct sunlight. As soon as it was lit, it got zapped.
          With metamaterials, it could be quite easy in the future to produce glass which is clear but lets just enough light through to enable the person to see clearly into space as normal view
          Last edited by knowles2; 25 November 2010, 09:45 AM.

Comment

Seeing the dome in 'Visitation' is the first time I've got a good feel at how big destiny is.

Comment

its funny how the first time the robot is mentioned is in "Faith", and this a the sequel of that episode, however it is used in "Sabotage" too.
              Currently sad about SGU's cancellation, trying to do the best i can to save the franchise

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                Perhaps the dome itself can produce light, which would be cool, the repairs has not been completed yet so that function might of been ready to activate. Or perhaps they have yet to install the lights into the dome yet.
                Well I suppose it could, but you'd think they'd make that more obvious if it does produce some wavelength. That's true, maybe it requires repairs. I don't know where they'd get the lighting from, if they were to install any, though.

Spoiler:
                *beep*

Comment

Destiny's able to produce new Kinos. Destiny obviously needs more than one repair bot. Destiny probably is able to produce more repair bots as needed.

Therefore there is something obvious that Eli and Rush are missing:

Send the repair bot to repair the repair bot factory! Or the other repair bots, at least!

Von Neumann machines! Destiny will be back up to 100% by the time they drop out of FTL. Just as long as they dont go all Skynet on you, you're fine

Comment

Originally posted by ColdZero View Post
                    Anybody else catch the repair bot working on the hydroponics dome?
                    *sigh* And I was really wishing that The Dome would be used to settle disputes on the ship (like between Young and Rush) the old-fashioned way: Two men enter. One man leaves.
                    sigpic

Comment

There's gotta be more than one repair bot too... and like someone else said, they should've encountered them not found them in a storage bin.

Since the Ancients also had to eat they need to find whatever the Ancients originally intended to use for their hydroponics bay as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
                        They seriously underestimate the intensity of a star on this show. Even if the shields protected the ship from the heat, the pure photons of light would incinerate anything standing next to a window. The shield is shown to be transparent (not opaque) so the light would get through and transfer enough energy to cook anything organic instantly. The movie "Sunshine" does a good job showing this effect. As you get closer to the Sun the light becomes unbelievably intense, trillions upon trillions upon trillions of photons impacting the surface per centimeter. It would be hilarious if next time Destiny refueled all their food went up in flames.
                        Heat is light. It's all photons of various wavelengths.

If the shields can keep out the infrared photons (heat), then it can keep out the higher-energy visible photos to the extent that it doesn't kill the crew.

Comment

They could turn off the gravity in that room and have fun floating around. Anyone want to play tag with James?

Comment

Calling it: The dome'll get shot up in next week's episode.

Park: "Dammit. I put a lot of work into that thing."
                            ~ When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take back the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN! ~

~ Burning people! He says what we're all thinking! ~

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                              Didn't notice the bot the first time around. Such a little trooper, always on the job. Now it just needs to be powered by liquor so it can visit the bar.
                              I will rewatch it later, but i know i didn't see the bot.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Yeah, the ship gets banged up some more in the next episode just as they started to repair some of its damaged areas....such a waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X