This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
    Putting aside my Disappointment for TJ and her baby, this seems like an anticlimactic way to end the Planet Builders + Faith storyline. It feels like it didn't really amount to much at all.
    Funny, but I get the impression that the Planet Builders are the point of Destiny's mission. How can a race that powerful not be related to the message somehow?
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Why would they be? Just because you can build a planet doesn't mean you can build an entire universe. In fact frankly it makes more sense for them to not be responsible for the message.

The Faith Aliens built that star system artificially, and did so faster than it would have occurred naturally. Whoever built the universe however, built every star system. We would not be able to tell they weren't naturally constructed because nature itself would be their method for building things.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        It's the star, not the planet, that is supposedly that old, yet neither can possibly be that old because the ship never would have stopped if they were. That's the entire point of the episode. The planet and star cannot be that old, because they are not supposed to be there.
        I am sorry you lost me there. Do you mean if the star was that old the seeding ship would have stopped. Something to do with the blues, they found the seeding ship and damaged it, let it unable to send data to Destiny. Did we just have a damaged ship in "Awakening". Could be that one?

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
        Which really makes no sense. One, if it were their writing, Rush would have recognized it. Two, if they found it, they wouldn't have just dropped a massive pillar there and left.
        First Rush didn't go to the planet, so he didn't have a chance to study it. Also Rush's knowledge about the blues are quite limited, there is quite a good chance even he studied it he wouldn't recogonize it.

Second they not just left there they do come back and find Caine's crew that's my basic theory. And why would they stay there? It is a nice planet for human not for them, they just build a tower there to mark their property.
        Last edited by SGeff; 29 November 2010, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
          An inmost (in Italian it would be: intimistico) episode. The presence of God and faith is an interesting element, as a question, a problem or an answer. I like this strange alien presence, very close to the ascended Ancients. It is one of the (probably) newest alien race I've seen in Stargate (but I don't know some of the SG1 races).
          I like the great new collaborative spirit exploded on Destiny. With this collaboration I hope that the Destiny's Crew adventures will be more interesting. I have voted with a good 8,5 (because of the 'Lost' - BSG drifts... that I don't like very much)

Comment

Why would they be? Just because you can build a planet doesn't mean you can build an entire universe. In fact frankly it makes more sense for them to not be responsible for the message.
            The Faith Aliens built that star system artificially, and did so faster than it would have occurred naturally. Whoever built the universe however, built every star system. We would not be able to tell they weren't naturally constructed because nature itself would be their method for building things.
            You can drop a stone in a pond, but you can't control the ripples. They might have caused the Big Bang and then let things take their natural course from there. They say that God is in the details, but that might not necessarily be the case.

On the level of story... Destiny's out there looking for what is akin to the meaning of life, the origin of existence, etc. For the writers to just throw in these uber-powerful aliens because it would be cool and not have anything to do with Destiny's mission... that's just ludicrous.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

But if they created the big bang, then then it seems to me like it would be more like if they created not only the stone but also the pond in the first place, and are responsible for all of it's properties. So the pond would only ripple because they made it so water ripples when stones are dropped into it.

I'll admit I can't say for certain that I don't think we'll ever see the Faith Aliens again, but it doesn't necessarily follow in my view that they are responsible for the code that Destiny is searching for.
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

If the aliens found Caine right before or just after he died then they logically should have been able to save him. The Goa'uld and Asgard can revive a person who recently died from an injury.
                From my POV on this, both the Asgard and Gou'ald are actually familiar with our genetic code, and have had many years of messing with us.. So they are more than capable of bring us back, making us better etc. For the Planet builders maybe we are their first 'meeting' of our body genome type, so they had no knowledge on how to make us hole/repair us (caine), and the best they thought to do (copy the body/mind) was just not up to snuff..

Why couldn't the aliens? An since they seemed to want to fix all the scientists anyway, I don't see why they couldn't' want to. And if we're supposed to believe that the aliens genuinely thought that they had fixed them, why wouldn't they come back to check on the crew after the dropped them off? If they were never meant to die, why would they all die in the same way as they did on that planet even when none of the conditions are what they are exposed to anymore.
                Who's to say they could even see what was happening elsewhere? Maybe they are linked to that planet..

Yup. Heck, for all we know maye they didn't even Build the planet, but just transported it (along with the sun) from elsewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by SGeff View Post
                  I am sorry you lost me there. Do you mean if the star was that old the seeding ship would have stopped. Something to do with the blues, they found the seeding ship and damaged it, let it unable to send data to Destiny. Did we just have a damaged ship in "Awakening". Could be that one?
                  Destiny stopped at the star because it did not know the star was in its path. This is because the seeders didn't detect it. The seeders didn't detect it because it wasn't there when they passed by, which was a lot earlier than two hundred million years. The blues couldn't have found the seeder and damaged it, because it would still be there if that were the case. The seeders the Ursini boarded stopped in another galaxy entirely, and didn't even have any hull damage.

Originally posted by SGeff View Post
                  First Rush didn't go to the planet, so he didn't have a chance to study it. Also Rush's knowledge about the blues are quite limited, there is quite a good chance even he studied it he wouldn't recogonize it.

Second they not just left there they do come back and find Caine's crew that's my basic theory. And why would they stay there? It is a nice planet for human not for them, they just build a tower there to mark their property.
                  They transmitted video of the obelisk. Rush would recognize the writing, like he did from Chloe's journal. If they found Caine's group, how exactly did they manage to teleport them all to Destiny? If they could do that, what's keeping them from just attacking Destiny whenever they want?

Face it, the blues aren't responsible.

Comment

Really enjoyed this. It's nice to slowly start to see the big picture being painted. I really think these Faith Aliens will return and play a bigger part in the overall story of Universe.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Visitation was ok, it had some pretty big shoes to fill coming right after malice and i don't think it filled them, visitation is so far the weakest episode of the season.

Comment

I think pathogen is the weakest.. visitation was somewhat better.

Comment

I found this episode to be boring and slow for the most part, it wasn't a bad ep but it wasn't a good ep either, more of an average ep.

The Chloe scenes I didn't much care for except the part with Greer. Didn't much care for the returnees story, the end with Caine and TJ was good though. But one thing I was confused about. We saw on the Kino recording that when the Aliens (I'm assuming it was them with their flash of bright light) showed up Caine was still alive so he didn't die like the others. Does this mean he will be alive in the next ep? I mean if he didn't die on the planet then he wouldn't have died when he came back to Destiny, right?

Another thing that bugged me about the ep was the way Caine was preaching to anyone who would listen. I don't have a problem with folks who are religious, but I don't like getting it rammed down my throat and this was just too much.
                          sigpic

Comment

Could it be the Asgard who brought them all back and transported them to where Destiny was?

Did the Asgard actually all die off? Somehow I think there are still some littered around the Universe somewhere...

I don't recall ever getting closure on the subject of that planet that the group that froze to death, got dropped off on. who did that tall structure sticking up out of the ground belong to..so forth and so on... there are so many loose ends that I think its got to all eventually be answered in some pretty cool ways over the next 5 years.
                            "I'm a writer dammit and I am not gonna take no for an answer"
                            D.I.

Comment

1. Well they have a shuttle back.

2. I had the planeteers down as sleep agents originally.

3. Was as impressed with the religious arguments as Rush was.

4. Greer vs Scott. Didn't see that exchange coming.

5. Chloe's taking a turn for the interesting.

OK ep but a step down from Malice.
                              I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Hmm. Caine et al seem to be philosophical zombies.
                                sigpic
                                More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Working...
                                X