Eli is being used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
    I can't speak for everyone, but I mainly find it unrealistic because she jumped him, and it happened so fast. I have never seen nor heard of any nerd that looks like Eli, be jumped that quickly. It heavily reeks of her using him; now that, I have seen. Plenty of women who use a nerd's vulnerability to get back at a boyfriend, or get favors. Or perhaps just rebound.

People, this is why you don't jump into bed with someone immediately, if you're planning any long-term relationship. You know why we have words like "easy" or "slut"? There are very good reasons why. You want any chance with someone, you take it nice and slow. It works wonders for building solid relationships. Take it from me, who did jump into bed too early with quite a few women, and lost relationships because of it.

So, unless she's using him, or they intend to show a failed relationship, it's just plain bad writing. Sure, I'm glad he's getting some; but that's not all there is to life, and it's definitely going to hurt him down the road. Then again, some might argue the experience will be good for him.
    I don't want to point out how great guy Eli is. Just remind you, when Greer encouraged Eli, Eli replies "just because I've been worked with her two days?" Time passes fast in Destiny, they just didn't show the tag "XXX days after".

In fact, the latest spoiler showed "Visitation" happens over a year after "Faith". The time gap between episodes could be huge, average 1 month. So it isn't that fast as you suggested. Besides Eli should learn some lessons from the last relationship, more actions and less waiting.

Comment

I joined forum just to say this!!!

She isn't from earth xD

Comment

Following coolhwip, Hidly, Julie's character from Mad Men, also had a fling with Harry Crane, who bares a striking resemblance to Eli. Just, you know, some pointless information.

Comment

Originally posted by xtatik222k View Post
          I would like to see the situation turn around and have Chloe on the other side of things. It would be a refreshing story arc to see her character take notice of Eli and feel a little regretful, at least.
          I hope not. Chloe has matured and just wants to be BFF with Eli. Not every relationship has to be intimate. She should be happy for him as a friend that he has found intimacy and or love. Kinda reminds me of Chuck, Elli rooting for Chuck to get some. Now that is a strange relationship.

Comment

Just bear in mind the whole picture before judging Ginn, she grew up on an LA world, we heard the stories of that place, i dont think young grils or woman are held in much regard unless they are born into it like Keeva, now she is with a group of people that value and respect woman as much as men, Eli, doesnt push her away and act like vengeful dick when Wray puts her to work with him, he for want of a better word, embraces Ginn, they go over some numbers he is respectful towards her, and tbh, she isnt the typical LA employee, she is more like like Eli herself, math skills doubtful on social interactions, slightly reserved, i dont think her confidence is all that much either - but she stopped fighting the rules imposed on the remaining LA and accepted them and worked for what she wants as her opportunity OUT of the LA, now she's flexing her individuality and i do not begrudge her for it.

Hell, we may see the same thing happening with Varro and TJ before too long, just bear in mind, emotionally, Eli and Ginn are kids compared to any other people aboard Destiny.

N.C

Comment

Well, she likes mathematics and guys who love their mom, but can she appreciate classic scifi and movies...?

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                Well, she likes mathematics and guys who love their mom, but can she appreciate classic scifi and movies...?
                She's been in Supernatural before so tick the box for classic sci-fi

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by blackluster View Post
                  She's technically an alien! So she's living a sci-fi life not watching it. That should be enough to satisfy any space nerd.

Comment

If I was Eli, I would be quite content to be used by Ginn. She is very nice! If she comes out and does a Maxim cover she may take the mantle of Miss Destiny from soon-to-be-smurfette Chloe.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith

bloody hell what are writers at ?
                      Wow, rush looks like some kind of bad ass viking space marine in that pic.

As for Ginn she's cute and clever and technically an alien so he can sort of live out his Kirk fantasy. Every true nerd's got one.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                        If I was Eli, I would be quite content to be used by Ginn. She is very nice! If she comes out and does a Maxim cover she may take the mantle of Miss Destiny from soon-to-be-smurfette Chloe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                          Wow, rush looks like some kind of bad ass viking space marine in that pic.
                          green, for that image alone
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

I sincerely hope he's not being used, because I like Ginn and I like Eli and both my mom and I commented after the episode aired "it's about time Eli got someone to moon over other than Chloe!" Eli deserves some real romance on the ship and Destiny offers limited options for a geek like him.
                            That is just my two cents.

Comment

If a cute red-headed tech girl like Ginn showed even the remotest interest in me, someone should have a camera ready 'cos I would be so nervous and embarrassed I'd probably bump into things and have definate speech problems...

Anyway...glad to see Eli being happy for once, as I'm sure the whole Chloe situation was getting him down...I mean at the end of last season after huckling Chloe into the elevator (but if it goes sideways is it still technically an elevator??) and that wonderful "We're not saying the L-word" scene and then the bit in Cloverdale when he thought he'd finally lost her...not to mention the emotional upheaval with his Mum...all that stuff has to weigh on a young man.

So for Ginn, a self-confessed Eli fan, to see that emotional side of Eli on the documentary and then react to it is, to my mind, not only plausible but well deserved.

In the parlance of my native tongue: "Gaun yersel', wee lad!!!"

As to him being used...no, don't think so...it all appeared genuine to me.

This, however will not stop TPTB slipping that in (fnar, fnar) as a plot device but I'm sure it'll be one of those scenes where its against Ginn's better judgement and it'll be emotional and heart-rending with possible blood...Oh, well.

And thanks to VampireWraith for the clip...loved it.

Comment

And why, when I was reading this thread, was my internal music track throwing up "White and Nerdy" by Weird Al??!?!

Soooooooo funny!

Comment

Working...
                                X