No announcement yet.

Eli is being used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really? It is just a kiss, don't be that surprised, nobody would kiss the nerd?

Happy for Eli
    Spoiler:
    sad Ginn will go soon. Those actress contract really give away the spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
      Im not suggesting she's a murdering savage but that she's using him like chloe did in season 1. If its real then blimey...no one makes out within minutes of meeting a stranger.
      In the conversation between Eli and Greer, we find out that he's been watching them work together (over many hours) for 2 days. So the kissing happened on the third day. Unless I misheard them...

Also, Chloe never used Eli. Enough with the "If you are an attractive woman in a relationship with an attractive male and do not immediately break it off to reciprocate a nerd boy's crush on you, you are an evil person USING said nerd boy" talk in every thread.

I mean no offense, but come on, once you get out of high school, the "popular" chicks, jocks, emos, nerds, stoners, and folks from every other crowd lose their labels and become co-workers, neighbors, and friends. The "you're not invited" HS parties become "everyone better show up or you're getting flack on Monday" work parties where you have sex with the sort of girl who rejected you in high school and all of your animosity and bias towards attractive women is forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SGeff View Post
        Really? It is just a kiss, don't be that surprised, nobody would kiss the nerd?

Happy for Eli
        Spoiler:
        sad Ginn will go soon. Those actress contract really give away the spoilers
        Spoiler:
        If they don't get it on before she departs, then Eli would be like nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu; and Greer would be slapping him around going, you fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth View Post
          Ginn can use me anytime.
          Eli, is that you?

Comment

I totally expected her to start messing with the computers when Eli ran after Greer. And my first thought when Ginn asked him about the Kino pictures was "what was he just talking about, and why is she trying to distract him from it?" But she seems genuine. I want their relationship to be safe from deception and complications. We'll see if I get what I want...
            sigpic
            Teal'c: "Appearances may be deceiving."
            O'Neill: "One man's ceiling is another man's floor."
            Daniel: "A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell."
            O'Neill: "Never run with...scissors?"

Comment

i think she's sincere. she's the abused girl, not the abuser

Comment

I really think (and hope) she's sincere too. I'm actually hoping they make her a regular...maybe Young can officiate the wedding
                When the time comes to utilize Earth's best weaponry against an ailen threat. The weapon that will ultimately prove to be Earth's best will be the Zatnikitel
                Zatnikitelman

Comment

Originally posted by Zatnikitelman View Post
                  I really think (and hope) she's sincere too. I'm actually hoping they make her a regular...maybe Young can officiate the wedding
                  no, that is Rush's is job

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    If they don't get it on before she departs, then Eli would be like nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu; and Greer would be slapping him around going, you fail!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                      Ahhh, the clip was awesome.

Comment

at first it kinda seemed like she might me. when she was all excited to start working... But then she saw that video and I think she picked up on the set up. And then when eli started to leave and think "man, this failed" she realized that and kissed him to show him he didn't fail and give him some faith in himself and liking her. So I don't think it was fake..

But I did like when he was like "Well I've been thinking about Ginn!" haha, and that was completely off topic
                        Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

I hope they dont scratch her off the show like they did to Riley...
                          Some of my favorite characters are from the LA and i hope they stick along for the full lenght of the show.

Comment

I think she has genuine feelings for Eli
                            Spoiler:
                            She seemed geniunely touched looking at the kino when he was talking about his mother. She'll probably not survive for later episodes, though

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                              Im not suggesting she's a murdering savage but that she's using him like chloe did in season 1. If its real then blimey...no one makes out within minutes of meeting a stranger.
                              That never happened. I think you'll find that their are people who kiss the second they meet someone. Ginn is from a completely different culture then what we are use to. And then thier was the part of seeing Eli's vulnerable side
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Setting aside the question of whether I think he's being used... the crew, and Greer in particular, are being pretty damn stupid about this. Just like Chloe did with Scott, Ginn is latching onto Eli waaaaay too soon. That HAS to send up some red flags.

Here's a hint to the writers: Real lasting relationships are developed over time, guys. There's a reason why passionate relationships usually fail. Unless, of course, this show is all about failed relationships, which means Eli and Ginn is doomed to fail along with Scott and Chloe, in which case, great job, guys! Well, they didn't have any experience writing relationships in SG-1 or Atlantis, so I suppose it's natural they are gonna fumble badly here.

Also, hot female that instantly wants to bonk a male nerd? Well, I suppose, since this IS science fiction. Then again, she only has a contract for a few episodes, so they needed to make it quick, and probably hoping Ginn's sexiness distracts the viewer from noticing the unrealistic aspects.

Personally, I don't think she's using him, which makes her performance all the more awkward and unrealistic. But I don't see it lasting, either. I suppose the bottom line is, at least he is going to get some, but I wonder how that will affect him in the future. They say that "tis better to have loved and lost, then never to have loved" but that's not entirely true; sometimes it's worse.

Ah well, at least she sees his better side, and is willing to be better to him than Chloe was. Once you get into a relationship, friends tend to find their other friends neglecting them, and now that Eli has Ginn, perhaps Chloe will find herself ignored enough that she'll think about it. At least it's obvious that the only three people that are visiting Chloe, are Rush, Scott, and Young. If she's a friend at all to Eli, she has to wonder why he hasn't come. Then again, if Eli isn't much to her, then she won't wonder at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X