No announcement yet.

Eli is being used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah she's using him. Notice how she distracted him when he started talking about how the battle simulations were taking up a lot of computer resources? Maybe she's been secretly running some programs of her own that she didn't want him to notice?

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
      Yeah she's using him. Notice how she distracted him when he started talking about how the battle simulations were taking up a lot of computer resources? Maybe she's been secretly running some programs of her own that she didn't want him to notice?
      Their rooms don't have computer consoles and they're guarded non-stop. She couldn't be doing anything.

Comment

I think there was a line that it had been about two days since they started working together.

Remember, this isn't "hot female wants to bonk male nerd." It's "hot female NERD wants to bonk male nerd."

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
          Their rooms don't have computer consoles and they're guarded non-stop. She couldn't be doing anything.
          She did it when she was with Eli. Must have been easy to distract him and plant something in the system.

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
            I think there was a line that it had been about two days since they started working together.

Remember, this isn't "hot female wants to bonk male nerd." It's "hot female NERD wants to bonk male nerd."
            exactly, and he's not "Math Boy" to her, he's Eli and Eli gets pretty damned interesting as this show goes on
            sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Originally posted by Specter177 View Post
              I'd counter with: Not a realistic one. Nerds have social hangups. Anyone who has actually been a nerd in school, knows what I'm talking about.

Comment

Go Eli! It's your birthday!

I was quivering with nerdy glee at seeing Eli going for and getting the hot nerdy goddess that is Ginn.

Using him? I don't think so. She seemed very genuine and up front in her attitudes... even when the LA were invading Destiny she seemed quite genuine, caring more about the technical problems on Destiny then the power struggle.

If there would be an instance where she uses him, it's likely to be that her fellow LA will pressure or blackmail her into it. I just don't see her voluntarily twisting him around her little finger and backstabbing him after the failure of the LA to seize Destiny.

Now if only they'd dedicate a little more time talking nerdy to each other. Oh yes... **fans self**

Comment

I should clarify: This is what nerds see in their fantasy: "OMG! A hot woman coming on to me, and I barely have to do anything to earn it!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                    I should clarify: This is what nerds see in their fantasy: "OMG! A hot woman coming on to me, and I barely have to do anything to earn it!"
                    You say that like it's an affliction unique to nerds.

Consider the scenario in base terms.

A physically attractive female you've been working with for several days, whom a friend has noted as having crushed on you in the first ten minutes, sees you in an intensely vulnerable position. You share a lot of the same interests, have good chemistry and are part of a set of limited choices for the foreseeable future. She can kiss you, not care, or put you down / use / abuse you.

Given this basis, what is the natural progression of events from here?

Comment

In my experience, people ("nerds" in particular), tend to put pretty girls on a pedestal.

From Ginn's POV, she may very well have hit the jackpot. This is a guy who's work she admires, obviously a nice and sincere guy, who's treating her well and likes HER, and doesn't see her as a commodity or a tool for some plan of universal domination.

Depending on her background (led to believe it's not a good one, possibly for her personal level of self esteem), she may be the one who can't believe HER luck...

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                        Im not suggesting she's a murdering savage but that she's using him like chloe did in season 1. If its real then blimey...no one makes out within minutes of meeting a stranger.
                        Umm, it happens all the time. Also she was a "fan" to begin with BUT I think it's fishy too and don't trust her yet.
                        Last edited by Skiznot; 03 November 2010, 09:33 AM.
                        I love SGU and I even like the other two SGU prequel shows

Comment

Originally posted by Razor One View Post
                          You say that like it's an affliction unique to nerds.
                          Heh, obviously no, it's not unique to nerds. I would argue it's more common, since nerds lack the social skills and so REALLY have to try to get a woman, as well as a lot of luck. Most normal men can put in a token amount of effort and get a woman interested in them, or have a woman interested in them from the get go. Nerds rarely, if ever, get that instant attraction.

Consider the scenario in base terms.

A physically attractive female you've been working with for several days, whom a friend has noted as having crushed on you in the first ten minutes, sees you in an intensely vulnerable position. You share a lot of the same interests, have good chemistry and are part of a set of limited choices for the foreseeable future. She can kiss you, not care, or put you down / use / abuse you.

Given this basis, what is the natural progression of events from here?
                          See, the "crushed in the first ten minutes" doesn't fly with me as a nerd. I've never had that. Every women I've dated, I've had to really work for. We get friend-zoned so easily, and it's difficult to climb out of that (although possible; I've done it a couple of times). I've seen it happen with many of my nerd friends.

So what you're describing is what happens to "normals" and not nerds.

Let me be clear, that from the moment I heard a spoiler about Eli and Ginn, I was rooting for it. I waned to see it happen. I just wanted to see it happen realistically. Similar to Scott and Chloe, that although I didn't want to see it happen, I would have at least preferred to have it happen realistically.

Unless, of course, they are deliberately going down the "FAIL" path for both these relationships.

Comment

Originally posted by spaceship View Post
                            She did it when she was with Eli. Must have been easy to distract him and plant something in the system.
                            She was alone all of once, and all she did was look at his documentary. For example, if I were sitting right next to you and tried to mess with your computer, you can be sure whatever I did would be ridiculously minor, and you would almost assuredly notice. Destiny's computers are even more complex, so Eli would see if she tried anything.

Comment

I don't think she's using Eli. When she was alone on the computer the only thing she did was look at Eli's documentary, to learn more about him. I think she was impressed by him before meeting him, and started developing feelings for him after they started working together. She seemed genuinely sad and touched when she was watching his video. Given that she doesn't really want to be part of the LA, she'd probably be happy to work with us, especially since no one is going to try to kill her if she makes a mistake. So I don't see why she'd have any ulterior motives for making Eli think she was interested if she wasn't. The best thing she could get out of it would be limited computer access, because even with having a crush on her, Eli wouldn't let Ginn do anything that would endanger the ship or the crew.
                              sigpic

Find your Destiny

Comment

I don't think she's using him. He's trying to adapt to this new and incredible situation and trying to get over Chloe and she's just looking for some comfort and support from someone with whom she has a lot in common.Just remember that she is used with LA kind of guys, mindless brutes without manners or scruples, and Eli's kindness and smarts must really be something new for her. She just discovered a humane man
                                "Gegen diesen Idioten muss ich verlieren!" (A. Nimzowitsch)

Comment

Working...
                                X