Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
    Spoiler:
    eli screwing a hot chick within an episode of meeting her ? i cant even imagine it..

bloody hell what are writers at ?

Comment

so many nerds in here seem to have a axe to grind with hot women dating nereds because they don't have one.

seriously Eli is a math genius with social skills he's out going, caring, brave. he's just not got much game with the ladies. He's not your typical WOW/Linux geek.
      Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Just pointing out to the folks who suggest that Chloe did not use Eli: go back and look at "Divided".

Chloe very obviously used Eli's feelings towards her to distract him long enough for certain objectives to be reached. I believe this is to what folks are referring when they say she "used" him. Otherwise, I believe she has always been quite up front with him in their day to day relationship.

regards,
        G.
        Go for Marty...

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksy View Post
          so many nerds in here seem to have a axe to grind with hot women dating nereds because they don't have one.

seriously Eli is a math genius with social skills he's out going, caring, brave. he's just not got much game with the ladies. He's not your typical WOW/Linux geek.
          I'm cheering him on. I wonder if they'll actually show any skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocksy View Post

The same social skills that kept him home for a month solving the Drakara puzzle on Stargate Worlds?

haha sure bud
            sigpic

Comment

He's got social skills, you've only got to watch him interact with the crew to see that. He a big gamer/math/hacker/cool nerd, not a sleeveless jumper nerd.
              Jack O'Neill - "Hammond is insisting SG-1 needs a sociopolitical nerd to offset our overwhelming coolness."

Comment

Originally posted by dacooker View Post
                The same social skills that kept him home for a month solving the Drakara puzzle on Stargate Worlds?

haha sure bud
                he really really wanted to know what happened if he beat it

Comment

Eli is just the first guy that didn't want to kill her at the first opportunity. So I think it's sincere. Not that she's not going to end up using him at some point for something. (what girls don't?)

-----

Now a Ginn and Chloe fight, that might be interesting. If only to see Chloe in LA leather. And Ginn out of it.

-----

Nothing wrong with being a fat nerd. In some cultures it's a sign of wealth and prosperity. And in our current culture, it's the rule, not the exception, to be a little *cough* healthy.

And at my age, dating a single girl of similar age (40-ish), if she's skinny, then what's wrong with her? 15 kids and not enough food to go around? Sickly and just can't keep food down? Out right poor and can't afford food? Or just a real mean and driven person who's never going to think good of you until you're just as mean and driven as her? Or just a really high metabolism and will eat you out of house and home and never gain a pound doing it. You want a mate with a little meat on them. In terms of mother of my children, better odds of carrying the kid to term. Without a lot of mental aingst for looking different for 7+ months. With a skinny date, you're out the door before the sun rises. You know she's gonna be in a mood or something if you stick around. With a not so skinny girl, you stick around, who knows, you might get breakfast out of the deal.

Comment

I can't speak for everyone, but I mainly find it unrealistic because she jumped him, and it happened so fast. I have never seen nor heard of any nerd that looks like Eli, be jumped that quickly. It heavily reeks of her using him; now that, I have seen. Plenty of women who use a nerd's vulnerability to get back at a boyfriend, or get favors. Or perhaps just rebound.

People, this is why you don't jump into bed with someone immediately, if you're planning any long-term relationship. You know why we have words like "easy" or "slut"? There are very good reasons why. You want any chance with someone, you take it nice and slow. It works wonders for building solid relationships. Take it from me, who did jump into bed too early with quite a few women, and lost relationships because of it.

So, unless she's using him, or they intend to show a failed relationship, it's just plain bad writing. Sure, I'm glad he's getting some; but that's not all there is to life, and it's definitely going to hurt him down the road. Then again, some might argue the experience will be good for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth View Post
                      Ginn can use me anytime. I don't believe it, I think she's a 'good guy'.
                      ^^ This, she is the hottest thing on board Destiny at the mo (aside from TJ who's pretty hot herself).

Comment

Well, from a pathogen perspective. Eli is the SAFEST lay on Destiny. Not to imply safe, given his mom and that whole lugging wounded and bleeding Chloe around for a few eps thing.

Comment

Eli is cute and he's sweet and he's funny, even if he seems awkward at times; and if Ginn really was drooling over his mathmatical ability before she even met him, I can see her as really going for him the way she did. I may not be a total fan of this ship (especially at how fast its progressing) but I can understand it. I've always liked guys that most people wouldn't consider totally hot; and I actually like geeky/dorky guys. Looks aren't everything.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pipi View Post
                            I'm cheering him on. I wonder if they'll actually show any skin.
                            I don't want to see Eli's ass!

Comment

Originally posted by BadOnion View Post
                              I don't want to see Eli's ass!
                              The only male ass (or any ass for that matter) we've seen thus far is Greer as I recall. I think you're safe on that count. Unless I'm forgetting something.
                              Spoiler:
                              Given the sneak peek ends with Wray walking off, Eli will probably be fully clothed when he actually appears in the episode. Probably.

Comment

I would like to see the situation turn around and have Chloe on the other side of things. It would be a refreshing story arc to see her character take notice of Eli and feel a little regretful, at least.

Comment

Working...
                                X