No announcement yet.

The Ursini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first Ursini we meet in Awakening speaks and it uses all of the phonemes in the word "Ursini".
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
      The first Ursini we meet in Awakening speaks and it uses all of the phonemes in the word "Ursini".
      I'll have to check on that in the episode. It's on Hulu now.

Comment

infrasounds and ultrasounds ladies.
        Also, they can speak, remember when Telford told one of them the joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
          if someone makes a furling joke i will scream
          Furlings. Sounds Cute and Fuzzy to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lahela View Post
            I do remember something coming out of his mouth like "Eeww.. but not sure if it was right afte he spat out the food.

Comment

Well since Telford gained that knowledge trough connecting with the stasis pod. Spoken words doesn't mean much.
              sigpic
              - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I do remember something coming out of his mouth like "Eeww.. but not sure if it was right afte he spat out the food.
                Before the food, when it first regains consciousness, it speaks.
                sigpic

Comment

I'm sure that is the closest sounding name he could come up with, like translating Chinese names to English and so on, they never cross over perfectly.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                    One of the (5?) characteristics necessary for a civilization are a written and spoken language, IIRC.
                    on earth yes. a civilization needs to have a spoken language, but it doesn't need a written one (oral traditions). as for a alien species who knows.

but now that i think about it, i think it does speak in awakening.
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm just glad they have a name. Anything is better than Boogers!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                        I'm sure that is the closest sounding name he could come up with, like translating Chinese names to English and so on, they never cross over perfectly.
                        Exactly what i wanted to express. Thanks.
                        sigpic
                        - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                          if someone makes a furling joke i will scream
                          The Furlings are out there!

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                            on earth yes. a civilization needs to have a spoken language, but it doesn't need a written one (oral traditions). as for a alien species who knows.

but now that i think about it, i think it does speak in awakening.
                            no the definition of Civilization does require a written language, because record keeping is essential, otherwise you could not progress as far
                            Save Stargate Resistance and Stargate Worlds, keep a part of the franchise alive! and read our blog

Comment

Originally posted by zainea13 View Post
                              no the definition of Civilization does require a written language, because record keeping is essential, otherwise you could not progress as far
                              Not if everyone in the species has perfect memory, who knows? Maybe we are the only species in the universe who forgets things and dosent remember every single thing they ever do or say in horiffic detail?

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                                Not if everyone in the species has perfect memory, who knows? Maybe we are the only species in the universe who forgets things and dosent remember every single thing they ever do or say in horiffic detail?
                                Hm.. it actually kind of seems that way, doesn't it? Either way, you do need a written language.

Comment

Working...
                                X