The Ursini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
    First of all, not a big fan of the name, just the sound of it doesn't really do anything for me.

Secondly, why didn't Telford and the aliens just write text in Ancient to communicate with one another?

I had hoped the Seed ship would return and we'd have more ships traveling with us through the series, Destiny building itself it's own fleet would be pretty spectacular tbh.

Other than that what do you guys think of their involvement in the series so far, their look, and their place in this episode etc. etc.
    The reason that they most likely didn't is because I do not believe that Telford is proficient in Ancient. And basic understanding doesn't equal fluency.

Maybe. I like the Ursini, I was unsurprised by them bringing them to the battlefield, and I do hope that we get to see some more of them in the future.
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
      Just to be clear, these are not the Furlings?
      if it was and they are losing to drones then that's pretty sad
      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Daniela View Post
        Just to be clear, these are not the Furlings?
        If these "Ursini" are not the Furlings, then I'm gonna say the blues/smurfs are!

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
          If these "Ursini" are not the Furlings, then I'm gonna say the blues/smurfs are!
          The Furlings were allies of the Ancients. Why would they try to steal Destiny or transform Chloe? The Ancients would NOT interact with such creatures. Besides, they are nowhere near advanced enough to be allies of the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
            The Furlings were allies of the Ancients. Why would they try to steal Destiny or transform Chloe? The Ancients would NOT interact with such creatures. Besides, they are nowhere near advanced enough to be allies of the Ancients.
            The whole Furling thing is a joke of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
              The whole Furling thing is a joke of course.
              I know . I want to meet the Furlings. Oh well, it'll never happen until the next Stargate series.

Comment

Originally posted by sgc View Post
                I know . I want to meet the Furlings. Oh well, it'll never happen until the next Stargate series.
                I want to meet the Furlings too, I don't care if they don't meet some people's expectations.

Comment

Uhhh and? This is an unrelated thread..... This is about the possibility of refugees, that is about the race in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
                    I had hoped the Seed ship would return and we'd have more ships traveling with us through the series, Destiny building itself it's own fleet would be pretty spectacular tbh.
                    Multiple ships flying together would be quite cool. Would expand the opportunities for the occupants.

But really, I'd want them all to connect, and form an ancient version of Voltron!

Comment

I liked the Ursini—even if they did double-cross the Destiny crew. I like what they bring to the show, which is very similar to what the Blues bring to the show: Truly alien aliens and not more transplanted on some other planet by the Ancients or the Goa'uld.

Edit: I just remembered a bit of Latin from many years ago. The word ursine (bear-like) is derived from the Latin word ursus. The Ursini are brown so I supposed that makes them...bear-like.
                      Last edited by Cold Fuzz; 01 December 2010, 12:02 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Mmmm, space meat.

Comment

even if they did double-cross the Destiny crew
                          there's a good chance we would double-cross them.

But really, I'd want them all to connect, and form an ancient version of Voltron!
                          like a dozen seed ships all attached to eachother and destiny? would make an awesome combat vessel if all seed-ships are at full power and share the shields

Comment

I think the Ursini are pretty awesome. Poor guys though, those drones are absolutely slaughtering them, hardly losing any ships in the process. Did you see that simulation ( Too bad they didn't show it in full but intercut it with a shot of Eli and the guys looking at it, I wanted to see the Ursini ships explode )? The drones made 1 pass and those 5 big ships were all gone! Poor Ursini..

Comment

so is this the new big bad race they are talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by jedc28 View Post
                                so is this the new big bad race they are talking about?
                                I think the Ursini are supposed to be our allies, and the drone aliens the enemy.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X