No announcement yet.

The Ursini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Im liking that we finally have name for some aliens... also how tptb are portraying the part of the universe that Destiny is in... how its kinda like the wild lands... drones going around destroying things, ship graveyards, wars between aliens etc
    I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
      like a dozen seed ships all attached to eachother and destiny? would make an awesome combat vessel if all seed-ships are at full power and share the shields
      Yeah, I think it'd be a fantastically cool sight

Comment

Another cool thought would be bringing a bunch of them back with us to the Milky Way if we ever got home...

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
          Well Im liking that we finally have name for some aliens... also how tptb are portraying the part of the universe that Destiny is in... how its kinda like the wild lands... drones going around destroying things, ship graveyards, wars between aliens etc
          And that's how it actually is. If an outside observer passed through our galaxy when the Goa'uld were in power or Pegasus with the Ancients fighting the Wraith, it would be the same thing. We would ask the help of the more advanced race to help us fight the Goa'uld. To them, they'd be like "what are those drone thingies" about the replicators. (I am NOT saying that the drones in SGU have anything to do with any type of Replicator )

Comment

Originally posted by LeonK View Post
            Yeah, I think it'd be a fantastically cool sight
            Definitely. I'd pay to see that. You never know; the seed ships may be capable of docking with one another while docked to Destiny.
            Last edited by sgc; 01 December 2010, 05:14 PM. Reason: comma splice Dx

Comment

According to Telford, from the knowledge he gained while connected to the pods, the aliens "call themselves the Ursini."

From the speech we've heard from them, it doesn't seems as if they could even make any of the sounds that make up that name. How can they call themselves something they cannot even speak?
              sigpic

Comment

maybe they have a language, we just didn't see them speak. he also said there history is told from inside the pods, so maybe there language is normally not spoken out loud.
                sigpic

Comment

Did we hear them speak? Must watch Awakening again.

Maybe that's just Telford's close approximation to something they said that he couldn't say.

Comment

The word ursine, which means bear-like, is derived from the Latin ursus, which means bear. Bears are brown and so are the Ursini. Bears are also...furry too.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sounds like Furlings to me....

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
                        The word ursine, which means bear-like, is derived from the Latin ursus, which means bear. Bears are brown and so are the Ursini. Bears are also...furry too.
                        if someone makes a furling joke i will scream
                        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          maybe they have a language; we just didn't hear them speak. he also said their history is told from inside the pods, so maybe their language is normally not spoken out loud.
                          One of the (5?) characteristics necessary for a civilization are a written and spoken language, IIRC.

Comment

Pronouce the work Sino....did you say Syno or Seeno...

words can be pronouced different ways by different people, i assume the same happens with aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
                              Pronouce the work Sino....did you say Syno or Seeno...

words can be pronouced different ways by different people, i assume the same happens with aliens.
                              It depends on your language, and where you are from, so that must apply to aliens. I assume that that is a fair assumption .

Comment

A other solution is that they simply told Telford a name that they thought he could pronounced.

Comment

Working...
                                X