The Ursini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ursini = Sneaky little ****ers.
    Bless the Maker and all His Water. Bless the coming and going of Him, May His passing cleanse the world. May He keep the world for his people.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kaeb;12123700]First of all, not a big fan of the name, just the sound of it doesn't really do anything for me.

Secondly, why didn't Telford and the aliens just write text in Ancient to communicate with one another?[//quote]

IIRC in Awakenings, he said he is familiar with the language enough to do work.. Just cause i know enough of basic to work with, does not mean i could use it to communicate to someone else.. And what is to say THEY know enough for it to have worked..

Originally posted by Kaeb View Post
      I had hoped the Seed ship would return and we'd have more ships traveling with us through the series, Destiny building itself it's own fleet would be pretty spectacular tbh.
      Not bad. My only Q was how long have they been on the seed ship?

Easy. They defeat these drones, then the Ursini take them to their homeworld. Lots of supplies should be there. Get Destiny all patched up, then they part ways.
      I think with the way they 'were desperate' i think they Lost their homeworld.

I think the Ursini are pretty awesome. Poor guys though, those drones are absolutely slaughtering them, hardly losing any ships in the process. Did you see that simulation ( Too bad they didn't show it in full but intercut it with a shot of Eli and the guys looking at it, I wanted to see the Ursini ships explode )? The drones made 1 pass and those 5 big ships were all gone! Poor Ursini..
      Well, if the Ursini ships had little or no weapons to defend themselves with, OR were unshielded i can easily see it.

Comment

Ursini in SGU == Ewoks in Star Wars.

Comment

Ewoks weren't double-crossing Rebellion. But in other ways, yes, they are.
          Homo sum et nihil humani a me alienum puto, sic quod feci quod potui et sic potui, faciant meliora potentes. (c)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cold Fuzz View Post
            I liked the Ursini—even if they did double-cross the Destiny crew. I like what they bring to the show, which is very similar to what the Blues bring to the show: Truly alien aliens and not more transplanted on some other planet by the Ancients or the Goa'uld.
            Hm.. never thought of it that way, but I agree. Alien aliens are not of our species. Beings of our species are not "alien aliens". They are just alien, because they are from an alien environment, but they are not aliens, because they are of our species.

Comment

I would love use to take aboard some refugees but I do not think it is likely. Th Ursini are expensive to have in the episodes. There wage demands are outrageus an you have not even seen there travel expenses.

On the plus the CGI people do like playing about with them an Telford an Ursini scene they did was fun to watch. Would love to see more.

So I would love to see them aboard the destiny. As a other members of our motley crew.

Comment

Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                Nah, just give Destiny a refit so we don't have to keep worrying about things breaking down. This is the perfect excuse to do it.
                Originally posted by morbosfist View Post
                Easy. They defeat these drones, then the Ursini take them to their homeworld. Lots of supplies should be there. Get Destiny all patched up, then they part ways.
                They were abandon on the seeder vessel for a reason. An I suspect the reason is that the Drones an the people behind them have been winning the war against the Ursini an by some margins, given the simulation we saw, 5 ursini vessels destroyed zero drones destroyed. I doubt they could spare the resources to fixes up there own ships let alone Destiny.

They also do not even know if there home world is still there or intact. If they did they probably would of took seeder vessel there to be examine an taken apart to replicate it shields an weapon systems, which seem far more effective against the drones than the ursini ships have.

An I love the way they back stabbed us before we back stabbed them an got away with it.
                Well so far at least.
                An they were scientist an not military either.

Young an co will need up there game.
                Last edited by knowles2; 01 December 2010, 05:11 AM.

Comment

That would be just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by Shai Hulud View Post
                    Ursini = Sneaky little ****ers.

Humans = Sneaky little ****ers

Comment

I liked the Ursini—even if they did double-cross the Destiny crew. I like what they bring to the show, which is very similar to what the Blues bring to the show: Truly alien aliens and not more transplanted on some other planet by the Ancients or the Goa'uld.

Edit: I just remembered a bit of Latin from many years ago. The word ursine (bear-like) is derived from the Latin word ursus. The Ursini are brown so I supposed that makes them...bear-like.
                      You know someone reading that could reach the conclusion that the writers have just rename the Furlings to ursini.
                      Last edited by knowles2; 01 December 2010, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I just remembered a bit of Latin from many years ago. The word ursine (bear-like) is derived from the Latin word ursus. The Ursini are brown so I supposed that makes them...bear-like.
                        Holy Hannah, the Ursini ARE the evolution of bears with lasers OMG! :shock:
                        One Ring to rule the Dark Side
                        sigpic
                        Sith Nazghul

Comment

Originally posted by Stargater276 View Post
                          I guess the "blooper" released may have actually happened after all.
                          They should definitely insert the "BALLS" joke into an episode. It is just THAT good. Or at least run it with the credits like they sometimes do with movies.

Comment

The Ursini look so weird. Plus, HAIL the return of Telford, my favourite except Rush.
                            "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Humans = Sneaky little ****ers
                              humans tend to double-cross. the ursini beat us at doublecrossing. that must be a first, but it was to be expected

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                                The reason that they most likely didn't is because I do not believe that Telford is proficient in Ancient. And basic understanding doesn't equal fluency.

Maybe. I like the Ursini, I was unsurprised by them bringing them to the battlefield, and I do hope that we get to see some more of them in the future.
                                He already stated he has a basic understanding of ancient back when he first boarded the seed ship, you've had to when working on those consoles. So would the Ursini.

'Who we are is but a stepping stone to what we can become'.

Comment

Working...
                                X