No announcement yet.

The attack on Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's probably a ship in orbit 24/7 doing nothing but scanning the planet and space. If they took a naquadah bomb out, they'd be detected.

Comment

The big question to ask is: "What point would bombing 10 of our cities be?" What would they accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
        Hmmm...

Now that would put an interesting spin on things if the earth was successfully destroyed.

The people on the Destiny would be alone more than ever.
        That would actually be pretty epic and resolve a bunch of stuff people have been complaining about. (Journeys back to Earth through the stones, etc) I like it. Has any other SciFi show successfully destroyed Earth?

Comment

with the gould gone, the ori defeated and the wraith still presumably in another galaxy. Considering the time that has passed as well as all the new tech from atlantis and greater understanding of asguard tech, earths 304's would probably have been upgraded (and i assume earth is still building 304's). Surely earth would be able to mount an assault on the lucian alliance (probably with the help of the jaffa and tokra as well, nobody likes a bunch of muderous pirates), instead of waiting for an attack previous enemies have been far more intimidating

Comment

I wouldn't really like the Lucian Alliance to destroy Earth, because you just KNOW they'd have to bring it back. Therefore, you'd automatically assume that whatever awaits the Destiny is a godlike power capable of doing so. It'd almost be a spoiler.

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
              Yeah, I mean doesn't Earth get threatned with annihiliation every day? Wasn't that SG-1's job basically saving Earth from destruction on a weekly basis from near every power in the universe. And now everyone is acting like a potential Lucian Alliance attack is the most dangerous unheard of thing ever.
              green for u
              Originally posted by ggf31416 View Post
              A single clocked ship could plant many enhanced nuclear bombs near big cities, each one hundreds of megatons. If all are detonated at the same time it could kill billions of persons before being the ship is detected.
              unless i forgetting my sg1 couldn't the asgaud upgrades have something that detects cloaked ships? earth also has atlantis sensors.

i really don't see the threat the corn growers pose to us?
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Earth's defenses include:

1. Five 304-class battlecruisers (USS Daedalus, USS Odyssey, USS Apollo, PLAS Sun Tzu, and USS George Hammond). And that's assuming they haven't built any more since the Hammond. Shouldn't the Russians get a replacement for the Korolev?
                2. Atlantis with its drone weapons. They may also be able to use Atlantis to control the platform in Antarctica.
                3. Multiple 302s.
                4. The combined brainpower of Samantha Carter and Rodney McKay.
                5. The combined badassery of Teal'c and Ronon Dex.

A frontal attack by the Alliance isn't going to work, no matter how many Ha'taks the Alliance threw at Earth. However, the Alliance may have something up its sleeve. Maybe they've found a way to cloak a Ha'tak. Maybe they have a Replicator (not to mention a case of the same stupid virus that afflicted the IOA in Ark of Truth). Maybe they have a way to hack Atlantis and shut down the shield remotely. In fact, Homeworld Command is probably assuming the same thing, and trying to determine what the Alliance is planning.

Comment

To the OP.. Hav you seen any of the 5 or so other threads on this??

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    green for u

unless i forgetting my sg1 couldn't the asgaud upgrades have something that detects cloaked ships? earth also has atlantis sensors.

i really don't see the threat the corn growers pose to us?
                    Earth is a very big planet and all this technology is always 100% properly manned and monitored and 100% foolproof?

If a large highly organized criminal organization hell bent on our destruction with extensive access to advanced Goa'uld technology like cloaked cargo ships and nuclear weapons isn't threatening to you then I don't know what to say.
                    Last edited by Blackhole; 18 November 2010, 04:03 AM.

Comment

I would say that the LA are actually now a pretty big threat to Earth and its allies (guessing the Free Jaffa Nation and others aren't to keen on the LA either).
                      What makes the LA more dangerous is that they are organised, structured, smart and built up from fractions. They also look and act like us which don't help. They are essentially terrorists in space, a force you can't target directly. Others like the Ori and Goa'uld while still dangerous where technically easier to defeat, like the equivalent to ye'old time wars (such as the Nazi's), take out the leader and the rest will fall... war over. However with the LA a group made up of ideas and cells, you can't just target the "big guy" and hope the rest lay down their guns.
                      It's similar to why Baal and the Goa'uld on Earth where always more of a threat to Earth itself than the system lords, since their movements where harder to track, and they attacked in small planned attacks rather than full on more predictable "look here's my entire army slowly approaching your planet" style attacks.

Anyways, I am sure there's still plenty of leads in the MW, and if they get anyone else from that clan with Intel, Teal'c is always around to get it out of them
                      Indeed
                      sigpic
                      Banner Made By Me for Me
                      The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                        The big question to ask is: "What point would bombing 10 of our cities be?" What would they accomplish?
                        - Killing tens of millions of people.

- Causing mass hysteria.

- Causing huge amounts of money, manpower and resources to go into rebuilding/helping survivors. Money that might be taken away from the SGC.

- Causing the SCG to rethink their attacks on the LA. ie. if the SGC attacks the LA again, the LA might bomb another city killing millions more people.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkyire View Post
                          - Killing tens of millions of people.

- Causing mass hysteria.
                          True.

- Causing huge amounts of money, manpower and resources to go into rebuilding/helping survivors. Money that might be taken away from the SGC.
                          Unlikely. The budget for the SGC would be the last thing to go.

- Causing the SCG to rethink their attacks on the LA. ie. if the SGC attacks the LA again, the LA might bomb another city killing millions more people.
                          Historically, the SGC has NEVER bowed in the face of attack. If the LA attacks Earth, Earth will hit back with everything they've got.

Comment

i'm struggling to seem them as a threat to earth. we have:

at least 5 ships
                            Atlantis
                            asgard technology

and allies: jaffa and tok'ra who have technology as well.

and even if they tried to take us from the inside, it would be to hard to have enough man power.
                            sigpic

Comment

No threat? The Lucian Alliance are one of the largest inter-stellar nations in the galaxy. The Jaffa Nation is a threat to the billions of humans who once lived under Goa'uld oppression, and the only counter-balance is the Lucian Alliance. They have been working on a lot of Ancient technology, so their ships are probably much more powerful than Jaffa and Tok'ra Ha'tak.

Comment

to the many people who believe our 304's are undefeatable:

just, please, just watch BSG's miniseries. the "pilot". the only reason the cylons ever defeated the colonials so damn easily was because they planted a backdoor in the operation system of the colonial warships.

once the assault came, warships would just loose all their power and get swiftly taken down by nukes. also there were cylon infiltrators.

for us, it's worse, considering the LA has access to cloaking and brainwashing technology. TBH, infiltrating is not that hard, and brainwashing someone the za'tarc way is nearly undetectable. all set up by Stargate SG1, but when our alien enemies use it, it's suddenly not possible?

Comment

Working...
                                X