The attack on Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
    This was after the LA, under orders from Nay'taan, disabled the Odyssey, killed Col. Emerson and nearly killed SG-1.

We hadnt touched upon their business before then in any significant way or with any ill intentions, basically they poked us and we kicked back, they hit us with a rock, we gave them the continuous headbutt of doom, now they're looking for a bigger rock and a more sensitive spot.

N.C
    In real world situations at the nation level the right and wrong often depends on who triumphs and writes the history. In the context of the Stargate universe, LA's actions have been entirely criminal. Most people criminal or otherwise often think they are in the right in their actions.

Comment

Thats why i was writing from out point of view, considering if the LA gets to write that one into the books then there no more Stargate anyway because the barstewards won and were all dead

N.C

Comment

Originally posted by Nth Chevron View Post
        Thats why i was writing from out point of view, considering if the LA gets to write that one into the books then there no more Stargate anyway because the barstewards won and were all dead

N.C
        Sorry, I misread your post. I read the quote and thought you were supporting it but I see now you were countering it.

Comment

LA attack on Earth=EPIC FAIL. Let's not forget that on Earth currently are Jack O'Neill, Samantha Carter, Daniel Jackson, John Shepperd, Rodney McKay, Teyla, Ronnan, and dozens of other people who save the galaxy and Earth on a daily basis. 4 of them can effectively secure an entire planet and take down the current galactic power on their own. All of them on Earth means that unless the Lucian Alliance can summon every villain from Stargate past, secure an alliance with the Wraith, and bring the Ori back any attack of theirs is bound to end in disaster for them 40 minutes into it.

Unless the powers that be decide they are tired of hearing fans complain about the stones and will end the season with Jack stoning in to tell Destiny that the Lucian Alliance just blew up Earth with a Death Star and everyone is dead.
          sigpic
          Doci of the BAG

Comment

Hmmm...

Now that would put an interesting spin on things if the earth was successfully destroyed.

The people on the Destiny would be alone more than ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Galileo_Galilee View Post
              Hmmm...

Now that would put an interesting spin on things if the earth was successfully destroyed.

The people on the Destiny would be alone more than ever.
              Then Young will calm them all down by telling them of a lost legendary planet and Destiny will begin a long voyage to find Caprica.
              sigpic
              Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by wolverine_nl View Post
                The Free Jaffa and Earth aren't on 100% good terms, at least, that was the last thing I understood.
                Just have Rodney use one of those Super Powered things he experimented on & he trains a bunch of soldiers on how take it off & voila

Comment

Originally posted by GateroomGuard View Post
                  Then Young will calm them all down by telling them of a lost legendary planet and Destiny will begin a long voyage to find Caprica.
                  Ok, that made me bust my gut.
                  Stratification?

Comment

this whole storyline is pointless IMO
                    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                      this whole storyline is pointless IMO
                      Yeah, I mean doesn't Earth get threatned with annihiliation every day? Wasn't that SG-1's job basically saving Earth from destruction on a weekly basis from near every power in the universe. And now everyone is acting like a potential Lucian Alliance attack is the most dangerous unheard of thing ever.
                      sigpic
                      Doci of the BAG

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhole View Post
                        You said in an earlier post: "The whole big problem with this is that the LA shouldn't want Earth's attention on them." and "The LA should be ignoring Earth, mostly. There are plenty of other resources and planets out there, that Earth shouldn't be a concern. Earth can't police the whole galaxy." It is a little late at this point. LA has already commandeered our space flagship, destroyed Icarus and another base and now Destiny. Earth regards the LA as a very dangerous criminal organization, a direct threat to Earth's interests and has every intention of doing whatever is necessary to destroy them. I am not clear on the point you are trying to make? Maybe you don't remember these actions? LA is already our enemy.
                        The LA is made up of many different clans, gangs, and groups. The smarter ones would be trying to fade back, hoping if they don't poke us anymore, we'll eventually tire and leave them alone. Which would be true; Earth can't police the whole galaxy, so if the LA stopped doing stuff to us, odds are we'd leave them be. So yes, things have happened; but directly attacking Earth is stupid beyond measure. Right now, perhaps we're dedicating just a small amount of the budget towards them; a direct attack will change that, and will necessitate a much larger attention focus.

Regardless of what's happened, attacking Earth is a hugely stupid move. But it will be done, simply because the writers want a plot, regardless of how much sense it makes.

Comment

I wonder what would happen if the Lucian Alliance snuck in a few cloaked cargo ships with explosives into all the major cities...
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                            The LA is made up of many different clans, gangs, and groups. The smarter ones would be trying to fade back, hoping if they don't poke us anymore, we'll eventually tire and leave them alone. Which would be true; Earth can't police the whole galaxy, so if the LA stopped doing stuff to us, odds are we'd leave them be. So yes, things have happened; but directly attacking Earth is stupid beyond measure. Right now, perhaps we're dedicating just a small amount of the budget towards them; a direct attack will change that, and will necessitate a much larger attention focus.

Regardless of what's happened, attacking Earth is a hugely stupid move. But it will be done, simply because the writers want a plot, regardless of how much sense it makes.
                            Your points are well taken. Attacking Earth is foolish beyond measure.

Comment

Originally posted by NormaN View Post
                              I wonder what would happen if the Lucian Alliance snuck in a few cloaked cargo ships with explosives into all the major cities...
                              Blame it on meteors or terrorists and call it a day. Then allocate more research into detecting cloaked ships.

Comment

A single clocked ship could plant many enhanced nuclear bombs near big cities, each one hundreds of megatons. If all are detonated at the same time it could kill billions of persons before being the ship is detected.

Comment

Working...
                                X