His mom is cured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Duneknight View Post
    The show has not indicated anything about all viruses being from space except for the plague, and me suggesting such untruth was for the purpose of catching your reaction nothing more. I wouldn't believe something like that unless it was said in the show.

Plus we all know that AIDS originated from US military experiments. <---- not serious.
    so trolling. thought as much.

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
    I leave for one day and duneknight gets completely out of control! Guys come on!
    sorry... we'll wait for you next time

How come they discriminate against ones infected by HIV when the private sector cant?
    because if you need a transfusion in the field, you need to be safe.

discrimination is actually acceptable where the issue would compromise the job - including the private sector.** if someone has an issue that prevents them performing day-to-day activities, and the company cannot make reasonable adjustments for the person concerned, the person cannot be employed.

in the case of the army, transfusions can need to be carried out on site or as soon as possible. likewise with transplants. both involve blood, one involves organ transfer. both carry a high risk/near certainty of HIV infection if received from a donor who is infected. hence, if a deployed soldier is infected, he's putting more lives at risk. furthermore, stateside deployment is not a reasonable adjustment, as if a soldier is otherwise healthy they should be capable of active, frontline service. which, in fact, they could be needed for if a conflict escalated far enough. to limit them to stateside deployment is to discriminate against soldiers without HIV, as the infected soldier is basically guaranteed personal safety unless the state is attacked.

*note this may vary by country; i'm talking about the UK here. and i'm talking from personal experience of both public and private sector jobs, and from having a disability which does not prevent me from performing most jobs. i don't have experience of the army, but it makes sense.
    Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

How come they discriminate against ones infected by HIV when the private sector cant?
      Because of the close contact military officers has with one another.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

The way the Military handles that is common sensical.

Not like most civilian politicians, who umm and arr and have no balls to stand up for anything really.

It wouldnt surprise me if there comes an article on one of the UK garbage papers saying a quadriplegic is suing for being told he could be a construction worker.

I dont think its restricted to HIV, i would bet any servicemen currently being a carrier or suffering from terminal infections of the blood, transmittable as such and through various other means are prevented from being deployed overseas.

Or offworld for that.

N.C

Comment

Cause unlike the private sector those in the mil can't sue the govt (the one hiring you) for discrimination) and being hiv positive is not iirc a protected class of people.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Cause unlike the private sector those in the mil can't sue the govt (the one hiring you) for discrimination) and being hiv positive is not iirc a protected class of people.
            Not to mention the military has a legitimate need to not have HIV+ people on the battlefield. In a combat situation, everyone could be bleeding blood, and if any of that were to mix, you could start infecting other soldiers on your team. It'd be a shame for the medic with the cut hand to get AIDS from the marine he was trying to patch up.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Not to mention the military has a legitimate need to not have HIV+ people on the battlefield. In a combat situation, everyone could be bleeding blood, and if any of that were to mix, you could start infecting other soldiers on your team. It'd be a shame for the medic with the cut hand to get AIDS from the marine he was trying to patch up.
              Well, he wouldn't get AIDS...he'd get HIV. But I know what you mean...and this is exactly why the military doesn't allow HIV+ people to be deployed.
              sigpic

Comment

This thread has been one of the funniest ones to read in a long time. I am just hoping with all hope that DuneKnight is either an 8yo boy or is just taking the piss.

Because if you are a 20yo dude who is NOT taking the piss, please don't procreate.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                  This thread has been one of the funniest ones to read in a long time. I am just hoping with all hope that DuneKnight is either an 8yo boy or is just taking the piss.

Because if you are a 20yo dude who is NOT taking the piss, please don't procreate.
                  you should check out my other threads they are much more funnier than this one.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X