Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the scene with James in the dream sequence is forshadowing the future. I mean really all we know about their past relationship was the broom closet scene and the fact that we know Vanessa is really in love with him and she's "not the type" to just have random closet sex with someone. For all we know they could've been in a relationship just like the Chloe/Matt hook up but he may have just dropped her (or distanced himself) from her when it started getting too intense. Then again, does it matter in the big scheme of things?

It also showed that subconciously (or not) Scott knows that Young is becoming a drunk and that even though Rush isn't a great man he may be the way to their salvation.

The scene with Volker was awkward & weird and almost creepy...

I liked the big MGM logo at the beginning of the "movie."

The only thing I really disliked was the fact that we had no inclination as to how much time had passed since the last episode and it kind of gave me the feeling I was missing an episode or something. (Btw, does anyone know why Comcast doesn't have ep3 "on demand"?)

I loved how the fungus shattered off his arm. I thought that was very cool.

Comment

one thing Im trying to remember is why - were they on that planet to begin with? Presumably for food but, was there any mention why they were even down there??

I did like the episode interesting twist at the end. loved rush as the minister very cool also LDP as the officer with a moment of regret, acting was great.

wonder what'll happen to scott now.
      ....Its what I do!

Comment

Originally posted by Selene1212 View Post
        The scene with Volker was awkward & weird and almost creepy...
        I thought that scene was awkwardly painful to watch. For a second, I thought that Volker had a thing for Chloe, or seemed to, and somehow wasn't liking the idea of Chloe getting married to him. It was only after they were at Brody's that the previous scene made sense, that he was stalling the whole time.
        sigpic

Comment

Really? They thought they could slip a 'Day of the Triffids' rip off through? I mean..come on.

Also, this episode was designed to make sure that if you didn't hate Chloe before, you definately hate her now. She's that much of a spoiled brat that she risked the entire crew getting infected so that she could have a few more minutes with her f-buddy?

I hope the look that Eli gave her was him realizing that he dodged a bullet.

D

Comment

Originally posted by derrickh View Post
            Really? They thought they could slip a 'Day of the Triffids' rip off through? I mean..come on.

Also, this episode was designed to make sure that if you didn't hate Chloe before, you definately hate her now. She's that much of a spoiled brat that she risked the entire crew getting infected so that she could have a few more minutes with her f-buddy?

I hope the look that Eli gave her was him realizing that he dodged a bullet.

D
            Did you miss the part where she got infected so she could save Scott? Because that was kinda important. She wasn't risking the safety of the crew, only herself.

Comment

I liked it. Not a great episode, for sure, but a good one.

The hallucinations were enjoyable. It's a common fanfic trope to slot every character into an alternate universe where they live normal lives, but here the characters - and especially their relationships - were preserved. It was fun to see where everyone fit in. I totally called Rush as the justice of the peace, but I did not expect Officer Telford. I was actually half-expecting Officer Varro, or Simeon as a mugger. Brody as the bartender and James as a waitress (not to mention Scott's ex) were definitely inspired.

As for the main plot, it was "meh". I called Chloe as the solution not long after they gave up, given that she was the only option that made sense. Her exposing herself so she would have to stay felt forced, but love does make you do the wacky. I did like the use of the gate at the end.

On the relationship front, I don't think the writers are giving too much focus to Scott and Chloe's relationship. On a character-driven show like SGU, there will be more emphasis on relationships. Realize that Scott and Chloe's relationship has been mostly relegated to shots of them in bed. Frankly, it's about time their relationship stopped just being there. And while they haven't done anything more than plant the seeds of doubt, I imagine there will be time for those seeds to grow.

Frankly, the episode felt too much like filler, and it makes me worried for the show. The early enjoyability gives it some bonus points. I give it a straight B.
              Last edited by Meshakhad; 26 October 2010, 09:47 PM.

Comment

I found this episode mostly boring. There was some cool scenes and some good character moments but still it was just mostly boring. Nothing in this episode was really engaging. Another slow episode from SGU.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaiphantom View Post
                  Will mention that I hope this exposes the whole "Rush is blackmailing Chloe!" BS that people tried to feed last season. It was abundantly clear it wouldn't last long, Rush had to know that, so whatever agreement Rush and Chloe have, it's obviously not blackmail but something else.
                  What BS? What happened was Rush blackmailing Chloe in "Pathogen", and then Chloe breaking that in this episode in order to save Scott, causing Rush to quickly come up with a plausible excuse. Really, it's that simple. Occam's razor, come on.

Why is it so hard for you to accept the possibility that perhaps Rush isn't quite on the level? Why must you always come up with some convoluted conspiracy theory to cleanse him of his less-than-savory deeds? That's two weeks in a row now.

To paraphrase Riley, what happened to being objective?

No, I think it was fairly obvious that she did that because she thought of him as more than just a "f-buddy" (very classy there). Also, what does her actions have to do with infecting the crew? Did you ever think about the possibility that perhaps she would've stayed on that planet with Scott in the event he couldn't go back at all?

Of course, that's all moot since she did it because she thought she had immunity and thus could be the key in saving Scott, and she was right.

Oh, and lookit, no one's giving her credit for that! HUGE SURPRISE FANDOM.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshakhad View Post
                    The hallucinations were enjoyable. It's a common fanfic trope to slot every character into an alternate universe where they live normal lives, but here the characters - and especially their relationships - were preserved. It was fun to see where everyone fit in. I totally called Rush as the justice of the peace, but I did not expect Officer Telford. I was actually half-expecting Officer Varro, or Simeon as a mugger. Brody as the bartender and James as a waitress (not to mention Scott's ex) were definitely inspired.
                    Yeah, in the hallucinations, I was expecting Varro could've been on probation as a genuinely reformed criminal and Simeon as the mouthy local hood who's been tossed in jail again by Telford.

The Brody/James situation was a good touch indeed.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                      No, I think it was fairly obvious that she did that because she thought of him as more than just a "f-buddy" (very classy there). Also, what does her actions have to do with infecting the crew? Did you ever think about the possibility that perhaps she would've stayed on that planet with Scott in the event he couldn't go back at all?

Of course, that's all moot since she did it because she thought she had immunity and thus could be the key in saving Scott, and she was right.

Oh, and lookit, no one's giving her credit for that! HUGE SURPRISE FANDOM.
                      Last time I checked, Chloe wasn't exactly a rocket scientist. So I dont think it's out of bounds to not trust her instant analysis of an extremely contagious alien life form. It was driven home that infection spread by touch and even a microscopic amount could be enough to infect someone. So her sneaking off and purposely getting infected in the middle of a firefight without telling a single person what she was doing was extremely dangerous. What if Eli or TJ had grabbed her hand to get her into the gate? If if she fell and landed on someone? What if she was wrong? She risked everyone's lives on a hunch and the fact that she wanted to get her way and cuddle for a few extra minutes.

And its obvious that up until this episode, Scott thought of her as a friend with benefits. His whole 'would we still be together' was textbook 'letting down easy'. Unfortunately she decided that it'd be soooo romantic if she infected him with whatever crazy alien stuff is running through her blood. "I was soooooooo lonely. Now we can spend more time together in quarantine! Isnt that the best!"

Comment

Last time I checked, Chloe wasn't exactly a rocket scientist. So I dont think it's out of bounds to not trust her instant analysis of an extremely contagious alien life form. It was driven home that infection spread by touch and even a microscopic amount could be enough to infect someone. So her sneaking off and purposely getting infected in the middle of a firefight without telling a single person what she was doing was extremely dangerous. What if Eli or TJ had grabbed her hand to get her into the gate? If if she fell and landed on someone? What if she was wrong? She risked everyone's lives on a hunch and the fact that she wanted to get her way and cuddle for a few extra minutes.
                        Just because she isn't a genius doesn't mean she can't put two and two together. The stuff got on her clothes yet didn't infect her despite touching her. She took the chance and let the plant sting her. It worked. It wasn't dangerous to anyone but herself because she left the group behind, a fair distance at that, and made her infection apparent the moment she came back.

Comment

And yet, that macroscopic amount on her shirt didn't infect her at all. It was clearly more than just a hunch.

Obviously she couldn't tell anyone; if she did they would've stopped her because, as you said, it was very dangerous. That I agree with; it was risky, reckless, and she went out on a limb. However, I would've done the same thing; desperate times and all that.

Chloe's no rocket scientist, but she's no dumb bimbo either. She was the one who figured out the maze thing in Human, remember?

And its obvious that up until this episode, Scott thought of her as a friend with benefits. His whole 'would we still be together' was textbook 'letting down easy'. Unfortunately she decided that it'd be soooo romantic if she infected him with whatever crazy alien stuff is running through her blood. "I was soooooooo lonely. Now we can spend more time together in quarantine! Isnt that the best!"
                          WTF? She saved his life! Yes, I think he will be grateful, because otherwise he would be a Scott-shaped block of blue rock candy on some godforsaken triffid planet.

And no, it wasn't obvious that he thought of her as just a friend with benefits. As early as Space he was willing to defy orders and board an enemy ship in order to rescue her. I interpreted that scene in Pathogen as him wondering what's happening with her being all distant and such.

Comment

And its obvious that up until this episode, Scott thought of her as a friend with benefits.
                            It's not obvious to me. At all. James was a "friends with benefits" situation, but with Chloe he's displayed genuine concern and affection. His desperation to get her back from the blue aliens, his panic and worry over her disappearances in Pathogen and his worry that she was getting distant, his trying to rig the lottery so she wouldn't die on Destiny in . . . Was it Light? Not really the actions of a man worrying about his bootycall, IMO.
                            Originally posted by Callista
                            Ahhh! Ashizuri can see into the future!!
                            Originally posted by HPMom
                            She saw the candle light as many things.

Comment

Seriously! Why wasting over 40 minutes just to make a twist on Chloe infecting Matthew with her alien infected blood?

I can't stand anymore to watch a weak story like that. Wasting my time, I guess, investing for so long till this far hoping SGU will get better. But sadly, it just sinking to the bottom. What happened to the great Stargate series?

I guess, I'll not be waiting for the next episode because I could almost predict how depress the viewers will be when each time the episode lead them to a disappointment.

Comment

So either Scott had AB blood, Chloe has type O, or they both have the exact blood type....
                                Not a huge fan of the ending

Comment

Working...
                                X